“A Wonderful Surprise”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2007

I had heard excellent remarks of Bucci's by friends and coworkers. Finally, I was able to check it out for myself.

It was easy to find at 1 Berea Commons, though I can see where parking can be limited. The restaurant did offer valet service on the night I was there.

We waited a few minutes for a hostess and was seated in the main dining room at a table for two in the corner. I felt the eyeball light for the painting behind me was a bit harsh, but the lighting looked ok in the rest of the room.

I was a little disappointed in the bread offering (not warm, and no olive oil or other dipping sauce). Though they did bring garlic butter for those who like that.

My lover had the Chicken Marsala and I had the Veal Parmigiana. Both were large hearty portions. The portions were big enough for take away for a lunch or snack later.

The service was good, at times I felt it was a bit slow, but when looking at my watch everything came very quick. We were in and out in an hour and we felt relaxed.

We were too full for dessert, but will definitely try this restuarant again. Total for the two entrees, no appetizers and no alcoholic beverages came to $40, decent price for the quality and quantity.

3  Thank delpreston