All reviews bed and breakfast soaking tub flatbread pizza amazing property each morning live music on the patio the entire property private bathroom common areas a wonderful stay first floor mid ohio race cassie winery balconies keurig cypress
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2019

I have not stayed at a bed & breakfast for many (many) years, and was a bit hesitant about this reservation. Only because my first and only experience many years back in Kentucky was "fair". I found the Wishmaker House in a web search of the local area and the photos were amazing. But, the Wishmaker House is SO much more than their photos can share! The house is beautiful, the room comfortable and the food and staff amazing! The owners-Jennifer and Donnie, are onsite and make time to visit with you, the staff is friendly and social and genuinely interested in your experience being a great one. During my 4 days there I met many of the dining staff, the restaurant manager-Rachelle who is a real gem. And, Kathryn-who seems to do many things always with a smile. The staff truly seems to enjoy being there. And, I met several locals who come to dinner there several times a month.

The Wishmaker House is a grand and historic house in a small town. This historic house has a beautiful stair case leading to the rooms on the second floor. However, please note, there is one room on the first floor which is handicap accessible. The daily breakfast is home cooked, and served fresh and hot. During my stay I was treated to such treats as french toast, a wonderful veggie quiche, and more. Juice and fresh fruit and muffins or another sweet treat each morning. It was wonderful. And, I truly enjoyed it! So much, I will be returning very soon.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Spent 2 nights here for our anniversary. The place is spotless! Everyone was so friendly and the food and wine were fabulous. We would not hesitate at all on visiting this establishment again. Well done!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed March 12, 2019

We try to stay in a different room each time we stay here. Checkin was easy and the room very comfortable. Quiet and relaxing. We like their little bar area so you can get a glass of wine or a beer before going out. Breakfast in am took a long time and was so so. French toast took at least a 1/2 hour. Usually we are offered fresh fruit on a side table, none there today. No coffee cups by the coffee urn so we waited to be served. Overall a lovely visit.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

My husband decided to take me away for my birthday weekend so we could relax during this busy time of year. We went to Bellville, OH and stayed at the prettiest B&B in Ohio — Wishmaker House! It a renovated older home that even has a winery in the lower level where they bottle their own wines. The rooms were spacious with comfortable designer bedding & luxurious baths (ours had a deep soaking tub that definitely helped with relaxing). There’s also a restaurant which is open to the public, too. Breakfast was fabulous with a spinach & asparagus soufflé with fresh sweet breads and rolls. Snacks, pop, water, tea, & coffee are available 24/7 for guests to help themselves. The innkeepers are super friendly and even accomodatated my husband’s birthday request to have wine, flowers, & truffles in our room when we arrived We will definitely go back!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this beautiful winery! I grew up in the Clearfork Valley and I always make it a point to visit Wishmaker when I return home. I remember when this cute little winery and restaurant used to be a an antique furniture showroom. It’s so nice to see such a beautiful house remade into a culture experience for this little town that is so near and dear to my heart. Their wines are so sweet and delicious, amazing food and atmosphere, and exceptional service. I have never stayed in the bed and breakfast but the next time I return to my hometown, I hope to stay here. Highly, highly recommend making a visit to this one of a kind place.

Date of stay: November 2018