All reviews bed and breakfast soaking tub flatbread pizza amazing property each morning live music on the patio the entire property private bathroom common areas a wonderful stay first floor mid ohio race cassie winery balconies keurig cypress
Selected filters
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this beautiful winery! I grew up in the Clearfork Valley and I always make it a point to visit Wishmaker when I return home. I remember when this cute little winery and restaurant used to be a an antique furniture showroom. It’s so nice to see such a beautiful house remade into a culture experience for this little town that is so near and dear to my heart. Their wines are so sweet and delicious, amazing food and atmosphere, and exceptional service. I have never stayed in the bed and breakfast but the next time I return to my hometown, I hope to stay here. Highly, highly recommend making a visit to this one of a kind place.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Looking for a place to stay near the Mid-Ohio race track I luckily spotted this B&B on a booking app. I was so happy that I did. The entire property is lovely. You can tell much thought and care went into the design. The room was very comfortable as was the bed. All rooms are upstairs. There is a refrigerator in the upstairs common areas with water and sodas, and a Keurig for guests with quite the selection of pods. The owners also have a winery so in the evening the first floor, where breakfast is served, operates as a restaurant with a beer and wine bar. The menu is what I would call light fare, salads, flat bread pizzas, etc. They seem to have an excellent clientele for the restaurant. My only problem with the property was in the restaurant where my server forgot to put in my order and didn’t realize it for about a half hour. I wasn’t in a big hurry but a free glass of wine or something for my inconvenience would have been nice. The breakfast items were interesting and good, my delayed flatbread pizza was excellent

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 nights stay! Each morning started with fresh pastries and fruit plus tasty hot egg casserole. Dinner choices were all delicious and beautifully prepared. We sampled several of the wines made on premises - enjoyed them enough to bring home several bottles for family and friends. And the cheesecake was memorable! Wonderful friendly staff. Beautifully furnished rooms. Looking forward to going back!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2018

We stayed at Wishmaker recently for the first time and it was AMAZING. The new owners, who took over just a few months ago, go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The property is exquisitely restored and impeccably clean. We chose the Cassie room that overlooks the nearby park on one side and has a private balcony overlooking the garden on the other side -- the latter was perfect for relaxing/viewing the live music on the patio Saturday evening. I can't say enough about the stunning private bathroom, complete with soaking tub, huge corner shower, separate vanity table. It was easily as large as a typical hotel room on its own. We will definitely be back!

Room tip: The Cassie room was wonderful! Park view from the bedroom and private balcony overlooking the garden off the bathroom.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyTraveler915
Reviewed May 20, 2018

We had a wonderful stay at the Wishmaker House! The owners and workers were attentive to our needs and very kind. Our room was beautiful and spacious. I felt we had been very lucky to find such a great place to stay in this sweet town of Bellville. If ever we are in this area again, we will hopefully find a room at the Wishmaker House vacant. We had a great time!!!

Date of stay: May 2018