“Awesome B&B”

Ranked #1 of 1 Bellville B&B and Inns
Medina, Ohio
“Awesome B&B”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This B&B was nothing like any I have been to. The house is beautifully decorated, has an awesome kitchen. We had a private 4 course dinner and an excellent breakfast. Rooms with state of the art bathroom fixtures make you think you are at an upscale hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
tv0612, Manager at Wishmaker House, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! It was nice meeting all of you! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at the Wishmaker House for two nights during a family visit. The Inn itself is absolutely gorgeous! The decor is beautifully done and the place is spotless. All our rooms were clean and lovely to be in. The bed was comfy and we all remarked on how nice the sheets, pillows and towels were. They were soft and fluffy.

The bathrooms are just lovely also. I wish mine were as nice!

Breakfast was just right for us. Coffee, tea and other drinks were always available. There is even a small refrigerator on the second floor with drinks and a coffee machine.

Everyone there went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. It was probably the best service I have ever had at a hotel or B and B. We will definitely stay there every time we visit our family in Bellville, but it is also a wonderful place for a weekend getaway.

There is a wonderful ADA accessible room on the first floor that is perfectly for an elderly guest. My aunt stayed there and felt safe and comfortable. There is a true walk in shower. The room is also very private.

There is no elevator, so the rooms on the second and third floor are accessible by stairs only.

There is a terrific huge suite on the third floor we got to see that would be perfect for a girls' weekend or a family. It sleeps up to six people and has a kitchenette.

We will definitely be staying at the Wishmaker House again.

Room Tip: Some rooms on the second floor have access to a wrap around balcony with chairs and tables.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennie30
tv0612, Manager at Wishmaker House, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! It was wonderful meeting all of you, we hope to see you all again for future visits!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I never write reviews. But I travel enough to know when something is exemplary and unusual. The Wishmaker House feels like going to a long lost cousin's house who is happy to take you in and feed you wonderful things. The rooms are solid and gorgeous, with original fireplaces and huge windows-- and a great historical vibe, but still comfy and private. And the food is delicious. After our breakfast in the sunny front porch dining room, (crepes) my 15 year old and I talked about it all the way back to the Kenyon campus-- an easy drive-- and everybody knows if the 15 year old wants to talk about it, it must have been something. Karen and Cassie were fantastic-- making it easy to navigate our late check in-- and I've have already booked our return visit. I find myself thinking about it even though visiting our freshman son at Kenyon too often might make him wonder what is up… But we have four years.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ellieandg
tv0612, Manager at Wishmaker House, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Kenyon! I am so glad that you and your son enjoyed yourselves! We were just impressed that you were actually able to get him up for breakfast, waking a sleepy teenager is no easy task! We can't wait to see you both again in the future! We promise we will have more yummy food for you too!
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a Fall weekend getaway at the Wishmaker House Bed and Breakfast.
We highly recommend this B&B for anyone wanting to feel like you’re away from it all, yet not too far off the beaten path! 5 Stars!
Excellent breakfast fair! We thoroughly enjoyed Cassie’s pumpkin waffles, Prosciutto and eggs dish (YUM) and plenty of fresh fruit. Local ground coffee was an additional treat!
Cassie’s room – our favorite room!
Indoor seating areas are quaint and cozy!
Local sight-seeing will fill a day or two including the Ohio State Reformatory featured in the movie Shawshank Redemption, Louis Bromfield/Malabar Farms State Park and restaurant, Kingwood Center in Mansfield, and other scenic parks and back roads. We plan to return in the winter for skiing, and during warm weather for hiking!
W-I-S-H-M-A-K-E-R House:
W-Warm, inviting! Home has a contemporary yet historic/ vintage feel!
I-Inviting: the owners are genuine, friendly, caring people!
S- Showers, tubs, and upscale bathrooms are amazing – our room had a huge glass shower, vintage look soaking tub, and separate make-up vanity.
H- Home decorators dream! Furnishings are elegant, unique, and upscale!
M- Meticulous and clean!
A-Assortment of seasonal brews and unique wines!
K-Keen sense of detail – the owners have thought of everything!
E-Exterior offers gorgeous landscaping and a large outdoor seating area, complete w/ heaters and fire pit.
R-Relaxing outdoor balcony! Our room offered a private balcony with a peaceful view.
We are already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JeffLinda2013
tv0612, Manager at Wishmaker House, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you both so much for coming to stay with us and for the great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We can't wait for you to come back in the winter and try some skiing!
Bellville, Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We just attended a wine tasting and dinner at the Wishmaker House and we had a wonderful time. Everything was well prepared, the wine, the food and atmosphere was fantastic. We also have attended a recent banquet at the Wishmaker House and the appetizers and desserts were delicious. The facility and rooms are absolutely gorgeous. We love this place and look forward to many more times at the Wishmaker!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank boyd14
tv0612, Manager at Wishmaker House, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We really appreciate the support you have shown us and our new business! We look forward to seeing you ( and our littlest regular) at our future events!
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for two nights during the Bellville fair and we were so impressed with every aspect. The first thing that strikes you is how beautifully they have restored this property. It has the beautiful architectural details associated with homes built during this time period, yet every modern day convenience you could want. In addition, the owners are genuinely concerned about your stay, going out of their way to accommodate you. As for the breakfast, it may have been the highlight of the weekend (although there were many!). My husband and I travel frequently, and we both agree this was beyond a 5 star experience. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in Cassie's room - well worth the slight additional charge
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank carrie729
tv0612, Manager at Wishmaker House, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for the amazing feedback! We are so happy that you and your husband were able to come and relax at the B & B! I am also extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, since that is my domain! We hope to see you both again in the future! ~ Cassie
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights over Labor Day weekend. Our experience was marvelous! If I could give them more than 5 stars, I would. The building is vintage, but fully restored and absolutely stunning. The family who owns it is so welcoming. We felt right at home from the minute we got there until we regretfully had to go home. My only regret is that I doubt we will ever be back to the area so that we can stay here again. (But you never know!)

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DZuelke
We just wanted to stay thank you for staying with us! We really enjoyed having you and your husband as some of our very first guests! You were great! We hope that you do return to the area at some point so that you can come and stay with us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellville
Comfort Inn Splash Harbor
Best Western Executive Inn
Best Western Executive Inn
#1 of 2 in Mount Gilead
Mohican Lodge and Conference Center

Been to Wishmaker House? Share your experiences!