“Good Homestyle Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Amish food without having to travel to Amish country to enjoy. Love the gift shop and bakery as well. They have a great buffet daily with lots of choice of hot foods and the best salad bar around!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The restaurant features Amish country cooking. It also has a salad and buffet bar. I ordered from the senior menu which features smaller portions. I had the broasted chicken breast and sweet potatoe soufflé. The chicken was crusty on the outside and moist and tinder inside. The soufflé included pecans and was excellent. My husband had the salad bar which had a great variety of salads and dressings, including an excellent sweet and sour dressing. They have a large dessert menu of pies, puddings, cakes and ice cream. I ordered the bread pudding with lemon sauce. The pudding was perfectly cooked to a custard consistency and the lemon sauce had the true flavor of lemons. My husband had the butterscotch pie which he enjoyed. The restaurant also has a large gift shop with a variety of items, and a bakery. The service was excellent. We wanted to buy a pint of the sweet and sour dressing, but the bakery was sold out of the prepackaged containers. The staff went out of their way to find a container so that we could take some dressing with us.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I went for the buffet although I tend to not like steam table food. My brother raved over the fried chicken although I passed. The mashed potatoes were over-mashed and starchy. The salad bar was excellent as were the cooked vegetables. I missed seeing the soup on the buffet line until I was on my way out. The rolls and pie were excellent. There is nothing special here, but it a great place to get a quick, plentiful meal at a good price.
Note the restaurant closes early and isn't open on Sunday

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stopped to eat dinner here while traveling. The food was good and plenty of it! There is no need for anyone to go away hungry. A little disappointed that there wasn't a better selection of desserts from the bar. Overall, it was a good experience with good food.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Excellant Amish style home cooking and great prices. And save room for the pie and ice cream! You won't walk away from this place hungry!