“So much character. ”

Buckeye Express Diner
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Bellville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Traveling with my 8 year old train fanatic and drive right past her favorite McDonald's for this treat! We were in a hurry to finish our 9 hour trip today, but couldn't resist stopping. Food is good, faces are more than friendly. Glad we took the time.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I made it a point to stop here even though I don't normally stop for sit down meals on road trips I take by myself. I couldn't pass up the train car. It didn't let down. I loved the atmosphere.

The food itself was pretty good, but on it's own nothing to write home about. The menu is limited to mainly burgers & other sandwiches. It's displayed on the wall behind the order counter. I believe the man at the counter was the owner and even though I showed up at a particularly busy time he gave great customer service and made it a point to check up and see how I was doing. I would have called them short handed if they hadn't kept up with everything so well because I never saw any other staff besides him.

1  Thank photogirl81
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I read the reviews and decided to grab some lunch as we're traveling down 71. We ordered and paid for our food. We walked through the diner and there was only one customer. All the tables were not cleaned off from previous customers. I cleaned off the table where we sat. Our food arrived. Ordered fried Bologne sandwiches. The sandwich was discussing. The Bolognese was 1" thick tasted awful. Ordered soft drinks and got nothing but soda water yuk. Told lady in charge her comment sorry. We paid 20$ for 2 Bolognese sandwiches and two soft drinks. Needless to say we will never stop there again.

4  Thank August S
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Found & tried "Buckeye Diner" just today, I enjoyed my delicious fish dinner in their train car restaurant. All three of us were served hot, huge and very tasty meals, by friendly servers. I'll certainly dine here on my next trip to Amish country!

1  Thank ksca09
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Wonderful little diner with seating in an old passenger train car. Nice play area for children to stretch from a long car ride. And the food is wonderful too!

Been to Buckeye Express Diner? Share your experiences!