“Fun, delicious and a heap of food”

Buckeye Express Diner
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Bellville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa
“Fun, delicious and a heap of food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all, you can't beat the set up - who doesn't like eating in a cool old steam train? The owner is a delight and the food was delicious, though we aren't quite sure who in the world could actually finish portions of this size. My husband and son both had massive bacon cheese burgers and I had the pickerel.

We also loved all the college football paraphernalia and mild trash talk aimed at Michigan fans. Totally fun and worth the trip, we would return and recommend.

• Visited December 2012

Columbus, Ohio
“Choo choo choose this diner!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

A quick lunch stop on our way up to Cleveland. Good food. Great atmosphere. And a million times better than stopping at a roadside fast food again.
The best endorsement I can give this little diner that could, actually comes from my kids, who were disappointed that we weren't eating at McD's, but after lunch they said they'd rather go to the Buckeye Express all the time then McDonalds.

• Visited July 2013
Flushing
“Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Dining in a rail car is an unusual experience. Mostly a burger place. Fries are hand cut and real good. I had a Woody Burger. A burger with a horseradish and bacon sauce. I love horseradish and the burger was very good but fell short of great. The service was fantastic. We had 3 different people wait on us even though you start by ordering your food at a counter with the owner, the cook delivered the food and the bus girl asked if she could get us anything. The owner also stopped by the table a couple of times to make sure all was well. Ambiance and service they have.

• Visited June 2013
Brewster, Ohio
“So cute.”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We loved eating in the little train. It's mainly a hamburger and fried food place but the food was really good and they give giant portions. The service was very friendly as well. We enjoyed the decor both inside and out. We will definitely go back again when in the area.

Visited May 2013
Bethany Beach
“Nice Variety Restaurant Stop”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Unique little stop. Large portions (mostly with hand cut fries) but also available are salads and less calorie options. Waited on by the owner (very friendly). Easy access from I70. Unless you're a large portion eater, I would suggest sharing a meal. Both my husband and I left half our lunches (we were on the road with no way to save a boxed lunch)! The hotdog w/Coney Island sauce is huge and delicious!

• Visited April 2013