Victorian Tudor Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Norwalk)
View Hotel
All reviewsoff street parkingprivate bathsanduskynauticasuiteaccommodationsamenitiesbedding
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Our weekend stay was outstanding. As soon as we walked in we were impressed completely and it only got better when we saw our suite. It was very large with beautiful paintings and carpets on the hardwood floors and a wonderful queen size Victorian bed. I am fussy with bathrooms and our private bathroom was one of the cleanest and well decorated ones I have had. Our Innkeeper, Richard, was so helpful and professional. We had all the privacy we needed but he was there when required. He is a great cook and prepared wonderful breakfasts. We will highly recommend The Victorian Tudor Inn to our friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank faith w
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This place appears to be a country inn. It's really along a busy stretch of highway and there is a lot of road noise from the semi trucks. Trains go through every half hour. The beds are soft and the stairs are narrow so if you have a back problem it will be a rough stay. We left one night early because of this; my wife has back problems. The innkeeper refused to refund our money for several days. He was offering us to stay in another room. His partner showed us another room while we were there and it had a bed that was just as soft as the first. He ignored our emails and phone calls until we filed a complaint with BBB. He also told BBB that he has a room available on the the first floor with a firmer mattress that could have been an option; this was never communicated to us in this whole process. Then he resolved the issue according to our wishes and refunded the one night we did not stay. His write up to the BBB made it sound like we are picky-don't believe it. This is the only place we ever had to pay the bill up front and we have stayed all over the world and accross the United States. We usually enjoy the hotels we stay at. This was our first bed and breakfast and it has made us wary of them. The innkeeper was also away on business consulting with a universtiy during our stay. He checked us in and then left. His partner the chef cooked us breakfast and we were given his phone number in case there were any issues. The chef was very nice to us and his food was good. However, we had to go through the innkeeper to try to resolve issues. It seems to be a theme in other reviews that the innkeeper is not there during customer stays.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
innkeeperrichard, Owner at Victorian Tudor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

We of course attempt to please 100% of our guests and I realize that is not likely. But I will be happy with 98% or so! After 6 years I know at check-in the very few we will not please and I knew it with this guest as there were other issues unrelated to the Inn that was apparent. Are beds are wonderful as guests have commented on. They are all upscale mattresses replaced every three yrs. with solid brand names. Some of the beds have down pillowtops which can be removed for a harder mattress feel. Read all the reviews in their totality to truly understand our Inn. These guests are presenting erroneous information. I try not to take this personally but when it is your business, your passion it is troubling. I will fess up to my errors b/c I make them. But we all bent over backwards to assist this couple and their reasons just kept changing. And by the way, in six years I have checked-in, attended and made breakfast for all but 6 guests, out of hundreds! Because an innkeeper needs to "connect" with the guests! Thank you for reading this.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This beautifully decorated Inn has a Tudor exterior and totally decorated in Victorian furnishings. There is so much to look at with beautiful antiques around every corner. The guest suites are so lovely and warm, decorated with antique furniture and romantic lighting. After traveling, I took a cozy bubble bath in the large Jacuzzi tub and then sank into my fluffy comfortable bed. A great nights rest lead to a super breakfast of waffles and fresh fruit the next morning.
Upon arrival we were greeted and made to feel welcome by the Inn keeper, Richard, he made our stay pleasant and remember-able. I would recommend staying here if you are anywhere in the area. It was a great experience for being our first stay at a B & B.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The most beautiful place I have ever stayed. Mr.Stegman was a gracious host. The rooms had everything you could imagine. It was remarkably clean, and organized. And I would gladly stay there again next time I'm in Bellevue,Ohio.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm writing a review though I have not stayed at this bed and breakfast. Why? Because I booked 2 nights to stay here to have a romantic anniversary. I booked in Feb. for a weekend in Aug. I paid in advance in full through Priceline. I received a phone call less then 24 hours before I was to leave saying the "Hotel" is overbooked and I have to stay somewhere else. Priceline took care of me the best they could on no notice,and I'm sure it will be just as romantic at the Best Western. This is a burn me once situation. Be careful planning to stay here. Paid in full over 6 months in advance still doesn't promise a room. Don't believe the hype.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SirJames1967

This guest has every reason to be angry. But, unfortunately the anger is misplaced. This reservation was booked through priceline (via bedandbreakfast.com). Because there tends to be problems with these large booking agencies with small Inns we stopped being a part of them in Jan. 2013. Unfortunately for some reason this woman's reservation went through priceline (and actually one other in Sept. which we were to accommodate). We had no idea of this reservation until this guest called and we had no space available. I do feel for this women and honestly people not reserve through these groups, at least not with Inns. You can almost always get a better price from the Innkeeper anyway. I did spend hours with bedandbreakfast.com to insure this kind of thing would never happen to my Inn again. I apologize to this guest.