“Don't make plans around this” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Victorian Tudor Inn

Victorian Tudor Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Don't make plans around this”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm writing a review though I have not stayed at this bed and breakfast. Why? Because I booked 2 nights to stay here to have a romantic anniversary. I booked in Feb. for a weekend in Aug. I paid in advance in full through Priceline. I received a phone call less then 24 hours before I was to leave saying the "Hotel" is overbooked and I have to stay somewhere else. Priceline took care of me the best they could on no notice,and I'm sure it will be just as romantic at the Best Western. This is a burn me once situation. Be careful planning to stay here. Paid in full over 6 months in advance still doesn't promise a room. Don't believe the hype.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SirJames1967
innkeeperrichard, Owner at Victorian Tudor Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
This guest has every reason to be angry. But, unfortunately the anger is misplaced. This reservation was booked through priceline (via bedandbreakfast.com). Because there tends to be problems with these large booking agencies with small Inns we stopped being a part of them in Jan. 2013. Unfortunately for some reason this woman's reservation went through priceline (and actually one other in Sept. which we were to accommodate). We had no idea of this reservation until this guest called and we had no space available. I do feel for this women and honestly people not reserve through these groups, at least not with Inns. You can almost always get a better price from the Innkeeper anyway. I did spend hours with bedandbreakfast.com to insure this kind of thing would never happen to my Inn again. I apologize to this guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I believe this was our third visit, and was again excellent. Each visit finds new amenities and a slightly different decor that permits us to experience something different. We love the look and comfort and attention to detail. The Victorian Tudor Inn has always been so clean and unique. We recommend this Inn highly; frankly it is the ONLY place worth staying at in Bellevue.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank donna s
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stopped here on a cross-country road trip, after having a nearly impossible time finding anywhere to stay between Philadelphia and Chicago; I was traveling with my dog, and in most of Ohio, it's only the gross motels that allow dogs. (I don't believe the Victorian Tudor Inn is generally pet-friendly either, but after my reassurances that my dog is extremely clean, quiet, and well-behaved, and that we would leave if anyone had a problem with her, Richard was kind enough to welcome us both). The house itself is gorgeous, and my dog wanted to spend her whole day lounging on the beautifully manicured lawn. My room was beautiful and very clean, and the bathroom had many nice extra little touches. As all the other reviewers say, Richard was an extremely kind, gracious, and interesting host, I greatly enjoyed talking with him while enjoying the yummy breakfast he made. (and the breakfast time is flexible! Very nice compared to most B&Bs, which often have very early "now or never" breakfast times and get mad if you don't show up). My only complaint was that the room was quite hot -- I turned the thermostat down a few times, but it somehow kept resetting itself to 80. But it may have just been something dumb I did (& it was also extremely hot outside), I have no doubt that Richard would have adjusted it had I asked. By far the nicest place within a couple hundred miles.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank andreamavi
Prairie Villlage Kansas USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We experienced the perfect stay at Victorian Tudor Inn located in Bellevue Ohio. The grounds were manicured to perfection and the home was impeccably decorated in true Victorian style. We were very impressed with our room with a large bath and very comfortable bed. In the evening we enjoyed complimentary wine furnished by the host and an exquisite breakfast in the morning. The professional host was aware of our concerns and graciously found a venue for fine dining in the evening. The off street parking is a real plus. After staying at many Bed and Breakfasts in the UK, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand as well as USA, we would place the Victorian Tudor Inn at the top of the list. This is destination not to be missed. John Wayne

Room Tip: Nature Room or the Suite
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John B
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Every stay at The Victorian Tudor Inn has been a wonderful experience for us. For business I recently had to stay at a Westin, supposedly an upscale hotel. Compared to this B & B it is a far cry from upscale. The Victorian Tudor Inn is truly upscale in its accommodations, so wonderfully detailed and so clean. Additonally, you get so many extras that are complimtary (wine, bottled water, soda, internet, etc.). Plus you don't get just a few channels you get a couple hundred with free movies. And, most importantly, you get wonderful service (great Innkeeper), wonderful breakfasts, and you just feel like your treated like Prince. I wish there was a chain of The Victorian Tudor Inn!!!

Room Tip: All suites are very nice; the Nautical and Greenslade have wonderfully large jacuzzi's.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My alumni group met with our undergraduate counterparts for an intense 2 day retreat. The inn was the perfect location. the rooms, meeting facilities, and food were all excellent and exceeded only by our hosts warmth and guidance. Richard acted as both the innkeeper and also the facilitator for our evaluation and goal setting session. his thoroughness, business knowledge, discussion leadership, and guidance through the communication process was invaluable. i urge business groups out there who want to do a retreat to use both the victorian tudor inn and richard as the facilitator to your meeting.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

My best friend and I stayed at this B&B in November to use it as a central spot to check out the local wineries along Lake Erie. Our room (the nature suite) was perfect becuase there were two large beds so we could each have our own space. The room was decorated beautifully and the bathroom had all of the amenities we needed and was very spacious overall. The breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday morning were AMAZING. Richard took our requests the night before and did not let us down. From the french toast to the omelets, our bellies were definitely full and ready for the day ahead. Beautifully decorated, this B&B is a definite must if you are looking for a nice central location to the entire north/west lake erie shore region of Ohio. Richard will help you with any details and directions that you need, he was wonderful!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Bellevue Hotel & Suites
Red Roof Inn Clyde
Red Roof Inn Clyde
#1 of 2 in Clyde
4.0 of 5 stars 91 reviews

Been to Victorian Tudor Inn? Share your experiences!