“Thank you Richard!”

and 1 more site!
Victorian Tudor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Bellevue B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Thank you Richard for providing such a beautiful and interesting place for us to have some quiet time together. We needed a place to relax and destress after a very busy time in our lives. We felt right at home and were as comfortable as if we were at home. The room was perfect and the breakfast delicious!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Victorian Tudor Inn

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Tucked away on a residential street in the small town of Bellevue (Northern Ohio), is the picturesque Victorian Tudor Inn Bed & Breakfast. We were greeted at the door by Innkeeper Richard Stegman and his warm welcoming smile, then taken on a grand tour of this more than 7500 square foot historic English tudor, built in 1906. Each of the delicately designed guest rooms are filled with antiques and collectibles, gathered and purchased by Richard over the years. Richard mentions that there were so many antique pieces he found that spoke to his heart, he knew he could not re-sell them… they would eventually have resting place.

Relaxing in the living room after a long drive, with a glass of wine in hand, we had tantalizing conversations with Richard and some of his other guests. Mary and Jane, out-of-towners who frequent the B&B often, tell us: “The Victorian Tudor Inn is like a journey back in time. A perfect anecdote to the fast paced world…a step away from the rat race.” “We feel welcome and at home in a way that we don’t feel at other accommodations.”

The morning after our arrival, the aroma of fresh, local bacon frying danced in the air enticing me to seek out the kitchen. The fresh fruit, cinnamon French toast and juices welcomed me to the table. Cooked to order hot Belgian waffles, extra large country eggs or omelets, served with the vegetables and cheese of your choice were just minutes away. This delectable breakfast made for a king, or queen, is the perfect start to anyone’s day!

Richard’s warm personality and optimistic charm made us feel as if we had been on an overnight visit with our own family.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2011

My husband and I wanted to stay somewhere unique and affordable. We checked out at least dozen different small Inns/B & B's websites and decided on The Victorian Tudor Inn. And what a WONDERFUL Inn this was. So beautiful, so clean, so decorative, so comfortable - so private. The Innkeeper was clearly a professional, he was engaging yet provided total privacy when needed. We were impressed with the historical and antique nature of our surroundings, but had all the modern conveniences - including internet, hundreds of TV channels, IPOD/IPAD docking stations, etc. This was honestly one of our best stays at any lodging facility of any type ever!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Twice a year we invite our clients to join us for an outing. Historically we provided overnight accomodations at local motels. This year we decided to try something different. Twice we reserved the entire Inn and had an excellent steak dinner provided by the Inn. The food was excellent along with the fine wine. Our guests truly enjoyed the suites, food and the stay. The Inn Keeper was personable, friendly and attentative to our guests. They are excited to join us again next year. We plan to book again for May and September 2012. I would recommend this establishment to other professionals for meetings, dinners and overnight stays. It is quiet, classy and a place where your clients can relax and be themselves. David T. Director of Business Development SCL Logistics.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a theme, I let my clients get online and choose their own suites by looking at th...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2011

the victorian tudor inn is a creepy and uncomfortable place to stay, the inns keeper is dis honest and will take advantage of your credit card, also made my wife and I feel uncomfortable with his remarks insisting we hook up. so I would beware of this over priced bed and breakfast I would not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
ohiosteggie, Owner at Victorian Tudor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Unfortunately this young man is very angry. He made a reservation for my Inn and at 9:30 p.m. the evening of his reservation informed me he would not be staying. And of course I charged his credit card, as any lodging facility would. In five years it is the first time I had to take such action. American Express, which often sides with their card holders, upheld my legitimate charge because of the documentation I provided. His comments are not true. I would ask others to look at our other reviews and make your conclusions based on the totality of the reviews. I have never heard our wonderful facility called "creepy" even with all of our Halloween Decorations on display! I suspect we would not have been named Best Hotel of northeastern Ohio if we were truly creepy. So it goes.....

Reviewed July 11, 2011

The Victorian Tudor Inn is truly one of the gems of northwest Ohio. We stayed at The Victorian Tudor Inn for our honeymoon and are so happy we choose it. The home is breathtaking, and our suite (the Greenslade Suite) exceeded every expectation. The suite was enormous, and the Jacuzzi tub was perfect for two.
Our innkeeper, Richard, is a charming gentleman who makes his guests feel like treasured friends. From the first moment we walked up the side steps, we were greeted by Richard and Russell, a neighbor’s adorable cat that spends most days on the inn’s front porch.
It is obvious Richard loves what he does. He makes the most wonderful breakfasts, so bring your appetites. Request his delectable waffles a day in advance because it is a special recipe that needs to “proof” overnight. We were also treated to wine, coffee and snacks any time we wished.
Richard also provided us with special “extras” like homemade chocolates from a local shop and a wine tasting at Hermes Winery (tip: enjoy a glass of wine out in the vineyard around 10pm Friday and Saturday during the summer and you’ll have a perfect view of the Cedar Point fireworks). He also set up a manicure for me at a local salon.
The location of The Victorian Tudor Inn is very convenient to local attractions. Cedar Point and Port Clinton (if you’d like to catch a ferry to the Lake Erie Islands) are only 20 minutes away. Larger cities, like Toledo and Cleveland, are about 45 minutes to an hour away.
As a final note, my husband was pretty cautious about staying at a B&B for our honeymoon. Our stay at The Victorian Tudor Inn completely changed his opinion. We are already planning our next stay for later in the year.
Thank you, Richard, for making our stay so special!!

Room Tip: If you need anything, just ask. Richard is very accomodating.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I really needed a getaway and wanted to stay over someplace for a quick two-day vacation. Originally we considered a much bigger resort near Sandusky, but after looking through Trip Advisor I found this place--it was much cheaper and SO MUCH BETTER! The inn is just so charming--I think it only has four or five rooms total, very large house, quiet, with beautiful antiques. The host, Richard, is the nicest guy. My husband and I had long conversations with him on numerous subjects over our delicious breakfasts. Our room, the Nautica Suite, had a Jacuzzi tub that we used every day, a huge bed that was so comfortable and the whole suite was very clean--which is a big thing for me. There were candles everywhere in the house (9 in our room alone) which added to the ambiance. We loved our stay and would do it again in a minute!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bellevue
Bellevue Hotel & Suites
#2 of 10 in Fremont
Best Western Norwalk
Best Western Norwalk
#1 of 3 in Norwalk

Been to Victorian Tudor Inn? Share your experiences!