“The Pub at the Greene offers a nearly authentic Irish or British experience.”
Review of The Pub

The Pub
Ranked #7 of 127 Restaurants in Beavercreek
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Pub offers a unique combination of British hospitality and American flair. Best known for our signature Fish-n-Chips, guests can also enjoy an assortment of appetizers, sandwiches, burgers and classic British comfort food. The beverage selection includes a wide variety of draught (draft), cask conditioned and handcrafted beers with selections from England, Ireland, Scotland, Europe and the USA. In addition there is a comprehensive list of single malt scotches, small batch and single barrel bourbons, wines and specialty cocktails. The authentic atmosphere and unique experience make The Pub a great place to dine, drink and gather.
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Pub at the Greene has long been on our radar, and I had the opportunity to visit during the first day of Lent. We recommend entering the Greene and turning west at the main cross roads and enter The Pub at the Greene’ parking lot. Arrival time was about 4:20, and as a first visit, the general ambience is attractive, inviting, and a thoughtful blending of a British or Irish pubs. Very often, this is not the case with Dayton area and U.S. British style pubs.

The open architecture centers on a large, attractive, circular bar, which is very busy. There are several seating areas including satellite bars, booths, tables, and the large enclosed, heated patio. There are several large screen TV’s broadcasting a soccer game. The TVs attracted a college age audience, who knew something about soccer.

Several middle aged couples were enjoying happy hour, and I migrated from the bar to a booth, and finally to the sun drenched, enclosed, heated patio.

There is a great selection of draughts and single malt scotches. The menu included burgers, scotch eggs, crab cakes, fish and chips, Shepherd’s Pie, salmon, pot roast, various salads, soups, and sandwiches. In short the menu offers a nice meal for $10.00 - $12.00.

With good fortune, Jessica (aka: JJ) was my server, and because The Pub at the Greene was not overly busy, I explained to Jessica that we have been to Britain and Ireland at least a dozen times, and I inquired about several of the offerings. Jessica is extremely familiar with the fare, and was able to analyze various customers’ reactions. Jessica recommended Fish and Chips. I guessed frozen beer battered haddock, and Jessica confirmed my guess. The actual serving of fish and chips is huge, and probably as good as fish and chips in the British Isles or Ireland.

While enjoying a Guinness, I talked with General Manager, Logan Hooper. Logan is an impressive young entrepreneur, who clearly comprehends how to provide a neat environment that is certain to attract a variety of demographics.

Around 5:00PM The Pub at the Greene began to fill with professionals dressed in suits or sports jackets, and the ladies are professionally dressed.

The Pub at the Greene seems to offer an inviting after work meeting place, and the clientele were in good spirits. I observed that most of the professions were having a draught or single malt, and that many were enjoying the appetizers and/or placing a dinner order.

In my view, The Pub at the Greene offers a nearly authentic Irish or British experience. The fare is great, and the service is superior. The tariff is appropriate for the fare.

6  Thank SavantIII_11

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Pub has become our favorite place for "fish and chips". The portion size is excellent and the flavor of the fist is excellent. Our waitress was checking on us from time to time in proper form. Our only negative comment was the cleanliness of the establishment. We noticed that other chairs had not been wiped down and the floor needed a bit of tidying during our visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have been here several times and the food has been really good each time. We especially like their fish and chips. Service is always top notch.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have been wanting to visit this establishment for some time, finally got the chance. The beer selection was good but not as extensive as I would have assumed. However, what they do have is excellent! The servers were very polite, attentive without smothering, worked well with any request and friendly. The food was prepared well, presentation very nice and portion sizes were good, you get your money's worth. The only downside is the same shared with any new trending place--NOISE! It was almost impossible to carry on any decent conversation without feeling as though you are shouting across a rather small table. I rated this establishment a four instead of five based solely on the noise issue. I would definitely like to return but the noise would be the major barrier to enjoying my time there. It must be a successful strategy to keep restaurants noisy in order to move patrons through and increasing revenue, but, to me, it is a short sighted ploy to that works against return visits. This sentiment on noisiness is not shared by all, so please take the opportunity to visit the Pub and enjoy what they have to offer and determine yourself whether you can enjoy return visits.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This place has a great beer selection and good bartenders. The music and people noise make it difficult to have a decent conversation without yelling. Maybe the outside patio would be a little less noisy.