Courtyard Dayton Beavercreek
$128
ExtendedStay
$141
$116
All reviewsparking lotlots of chain restaurantstypical courtyardcourtyard by marriottair basesam's clublarge mallshopping and restaurantsroom was cleantoilet and showerother hotels in the areastarbucks coffeelounge areamin driveusaf museumone night stayexercise room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Visited here during a trip to the Dayton airshow and the Air Force museum. It is located right off the highway and next to a nice mall and business district. There is lots of resturants and stores, so nigthlife, shopping, and dining is closeby. The hotel was very clean and had a nice pool/spa area, and a Starbucks bistro in the lobby that had alcohol (although pricy). the interactive map in the lobby was neat, and they have a station to print your boarding pass if your flying. The room was spacious and I had a balcony. flat screen tv, and nice adequate shower made it a nice stay. I look forward to visiting it again. It's about 15 minute to the AF museum, and 1/2 or so to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Arrived at 1 AM for a one nite stay. Had a confirmation # and a confirmed reservation....but no room! The desk explained they had no rooms and in fact had known since they had come on shift. The desk employee also commented that the gentlemen who checked in before me wasn't even a Marriott member! No voice mail messages at work or mobile that there was no rooms. I could have at least started to find something earlier. So, I have to call my company travel to find another hotel, 3 AM I finally check into a downtown Dayton hotel that is so unsafe they tell me not to park myself! Thanks Marriott for taking care of this Gold Member and abandoning a female executive.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank Dianna_G
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I travel to Dayton for work on a regular basis. I usually stay at the Marriott downtown, but due to early meetings I wanted to stay closer to base. The hotel was fine, a standard Courtyard. However when I went to check out I noticed that I was not charged the government Per Diem rate for my room, which I should have been since I was traveling on official government business. Instead I was charged close to $200 more for my week long stay.

The person working the front desk, who turned out to be a manager told me that I was being charged the "government contractor rate", since I am a govt. contractor.

Now I travel all over the country for work as a govt. contractor. When I made my reservation I was quoted the govt. per diem rate over the phone. I have NEVER heard of a "contractor rate". I went back and forth with this manager for close to half an hour (which made me late for my morning meeting and creaked a back log of business travlers wanting to check out). It wasn't until I threatened to call the legal team on base that she resented and charged me the rightful govt. rate. As she did this she said "Well it's just not fair to us, the govt rate is too low and we lose money".

1. Not my problem
2. Hotels have the right to not honor the govt. per diem rate if they are full. When I made this reservation I was told they had space and would honor the rate. When I checked in I used my DoD issued id. If I didn't look over my bill I would have never known I was being changed a higher rate.

From now on I only stay at the Marriott downtown, and tell my co-workers to do the same.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank csjohns7
Reviewed March 30, 2010

All in all, this was a good hotel. My only problem was that someone above us kept walking and walking....for hours...My only "complaint" is the noise level and that was only for one night. We stayed two.

The location is very good. My husband had meetings at Wright Patt and the hotel is next to a shopping center. Also close to the Air Force Museum.

This was an upscale Marriott...nice lounge, free internet and if you did not bring your computer there were two in the lobby for your use.

We would stay there again but on the 5th floor.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2010

Around Dayton, there are not too many nice, safe, concentrated areas of hotels, shopping and restaurants like Beavercreek. Therefore, all of the hotels in this area are overpriced. We spent two nights at this location. The room was clearn. No problems there. The TV was a flat screen and I was impressed with the amount of channels. The location is wonderful (I actually lived less than a 1/2 mile from this hotel for a few years). This hotel is actually on the property of the North Fairfield Mall which is very nice. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. Recent additions to the area include a City Barbeque, Graters and Chick-Fil-A. Overall, a nice place but I have stayed in better places for a cheaper rate.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple