TripAdvisor
Beavercreek
Post
Inbox
Search

“Bland with poor service”

MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub
Ranked #34 of 144 Restaurants in Beavercreek
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was there with a large party, but the restaurant was mostly empty. I had to get up and get my own soda refill TWICE, I watched other members of the party also get up and get their own refill because the server just abandoned us. I think I manager took over after a bit. I ordered the Humble Pie Pizza, it was nearly tasteless. I heard a coworker order a burger for Medium, it came out WELL DONE and dry, another coworker ordered a plain cheese pizza and didn't eat it because it was too greasy. Yet another coworker ate their lunch and when they were done there was atleast a tablespoon of oil on the bottom of their dish. The decor was quite nice, I did ask with all the birch tree decorations if they also had birch beer soda, the guy answered me with a list of beers, i said NO.. birch beer is like root beer but a different flavor.

Date of visit: September 2019
Beavercreekmrp, Manager at MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Jlsitler17, We are sorry for the experience you had at our restaurant. We would love to try and make it up to you so you will give us another shot! Please call us at (937) 320-2255 so we can talk further about your visit with us. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great meal yesterday, but what was really excellent was our server Amanda. There was 7 of us for a birthday dinner and the meals were all excellent, and Amanda could not have given us any better service. Hon. Bob Doyle

Date of visit: September 2019
Beavercreekmacpie, Manager at MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. We look forward to serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered the thin crust and wow it was really thin. That’s not always a bad thing, but the toppings and cheese came unusually far from the edge (1 1/2 inches). So the crust was hard enough to break a tooth. The toppings were few, and I can tell you one thing, the tomato basil did not at all look as I have seen pictured. There is a Chicago pizza chain right across the street, and it was our mistake by trying something new. I agree with a recent comment, as it’s one and done for us too.

Date of visit: September 2019

Hello Jeff, We are sorry for the experience you had at our restaurant. We would love to try and make it up to you so you will give us another shot! Please call us at (937) 320-2255 so we can talk further about your visit with us. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Reviewed September 16, 2019

We stopped in here last night while on our way home from a long day at the renaissance festival...we had never been and have been wanting to try...well this was our first and probably last time coming here...we got there and they weren't very busy at all so got seated right away(party of 7). The waitress seemed very pushy about taking our orders wanted us to hurry it seemed like. When we tried to tell her how the checks were going to be split up while she was taking our orders she told us she wasnt worried about that right now...we were all like ...Ok?...so we ordered our food...half the food came out a few mins before every one elses... so some were waiting while others could eat...she kept reaching across our table and saying excuse my reach excuse my reach..(have us pass plates instead of reaching please)...when she took my cup to get a refill...she didnt have me remove my straw and of course her hand touched it and she acted like it was just a normal thing to touch people's straws...nowadays most people have you remove lid and straw so they dont touch it...we ordered our child a kids meal then when the bill came saw that we were charged 2.70 for his drink that was suppose to be included in his kids meal...I ordered the Cobb salad...when it came the chicken on it was super bland with no flavor or seasoning so my friend ate the chicken off my salad...the lettuce was super bitter and was starting to go bad so the ends were getting all black and slimy(mud like when they go bad)....I ended up just eating the boiled egg and a few tomatoes and the few pieces of avocado off my salad. When she brought the Bills she still didnt ask how it was suppose to be split up...remember she didnt care about that...well she just made the check the different sides of the table...one of our party members always likes to pay for herself...but since the lady didnt care about how they were split she didnt ask so she just put her in the other sides check...after she dropped the Bills she came back to pick them up then asked if we needed a box for my salad and our sons kids meal...I told her no it wasnt good so she got the manager...the manager removed it from the bill for us....however with all the other issues and being charged for our child's drink that should have been included in his kids meal...her touching my straw...not caring about how the checks were split and all the reaching...I'm pretty sure this was our first and last time coming here....

Date of visit: September 2019

Hello, We are sorry for the experience you had at our restaurant. We would love to try and make it up to you so you will give us another shot! Please call us at (937) 320-2255 so we can talk further about your visit with us. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Reviewed August 25, 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed the variety of choices at this restaurant. All food was fresh and delicious. The atmosphere is fun and relaxing. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. We will definitely go back.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank OhioTexican

We are so happy to hear you had a positive experience at MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub. Thank you for taking the time to share, and we hope to see you again soon.