“Wonderful Birthday Experience”

Ranked #16 of 66 Restaurants in Beachwood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My 85 yr. old grandma wanted to celebrate her birthday here, so of course we had to! She had been there many times before, but my kids and I had not. I called several days beforehand to make sure they would allow us to bring in our own ice cream cake and be able to store it for us and they were happy to oblige. There were 7 in our party, and we were only one of three tables in the place on a Sunday at lunchtime. I was a little hesitant about choosing shrimp in my entree, but was pleasantly surprised at the freshness (I had shrimp lo mein). The potstickers we shared for an appetizer were very tasty, and my sons' orange beef entree was excellent! Other family members enjoyed their shrimp and chicken fried rice, wonton soup and spring rolls as well. Our waiter was attentive and helpful with menu selections. When they brought out the cake, they had put the candles in for us and had a lighter ready to light them. Several of the staff joined us in singing and had extra plates, napkins & a knife at the ready. It was very nice of them to go the extra mile in taking good care of our party. Definitely recommend and look forward to returning again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

This restaurant has been around for over 20 yrs. We eat here every time we're in CLE.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I am a big fan of Chinese food, and Ho Wah's has all of the basic dishes. But all in all, it is not very inspired and there are plenty of better choices in the Cleveland area to try. I've seen all sorts of coupons for this place, so if you plan to go at least try to track down a coupon (I believe they are in the Entertainment Book) to reduce the cost.

2  Thank jwclevelander
Reviewed February 24, 2011

My pad Thai was excellent, but service during lunchtime was slow...especially waiting to place order and get bill.

Reviewed January 16, 2010

This is my favorite Chinese restaurant in Cleveland. The food is always good, the service is excellent, and you can park your car in an indoor parking garage to avoid any bad weather outside. It is inside a lovely small shopping mall. My favorite meal is the honey walnut chicken. The portions are very large and can be shared.