“Nice Hampton Inn”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a new Hampton Inn and very nice - seems decorated more grandly than others, and the room was very clean. All of the typical Hampton Inn stuff was as it should be - nice bed, good breakfast, etc. If visiting Cleveland, this is a good spot to stay right off the highway (if you have a car, if not it isn't as convenient). And, it was less than $100/night!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear C18R,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. We have recently updated our lobby with all new decorations and furniture. I am glad that you like the new style. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding, and we do hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Beachwood area!

Alisha Koby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times for business travel and I absolutely love it. The staff is friendly and remembers me each time that I visit. The rooms are always clean and parking is always a breeze and the location is amazing. The hotel is located right by several restaurants and not too far from shop great shopping. Although I was doing business close to the NASA base this 20 minute drive was worth it. Also not much traffic in the morning when I was trying to make it to meetings.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tiffany G,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a nice review. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and we take pride in getting to know our guests. My staff works very hard to make sure no detail is overlooked. Please come back and visit us again sometime, we’d love to see you again!

CMH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel is recommended as the hotel of choice of our organization. It is very clean, close to shopping, food and our office building. There seems to be a lot of recent expansion around the area so whatever you need, it's probably just a few short minutes away from this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel fills quickly, you need to have a reservation....Check well in advance of your trip and yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear LAW_CMH,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give our hotel a great review. We are happy to hear that we are the hotel of choice for your company. We work very hard to make sure our business and leisure guests are taken care of. We appreciate your efforts to stay at our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Would stay here again. Cookies at check-in and mints at breakfast were a nice touch. Also the man working the breakfast was friendly and offered his help to all who came in.Loved the decor in the breakfast area. Great front desk staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear T0890,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to send some flattering comments our way. I’m going to let my breakfast and front desk staff know how great they’re doing. The Hampton breakfast and delicious cookies are probably two of my favorite value adds, so I’m glad you enjoy them too. I hope you come back again soon.

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at this location for 3 nights on business. It is a very nice property. The room was clean comfortable and decorated nicely. The front desk staff were helpful and courteous. I was excited to find that Bahama Breeze was located across the parking lot within walking distance (when it's not winter in Ohio). There are plenty of other places to get something to eat that are close by if you are driving. I enjiyed my stay and if the occasion arises would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Bossi1,

I can’t tell you how nice it was to see your glowing review about our hotel. The staff will certainly appreciate your comments about their friendly demeanor and I know they truly enjoy chatting with the guests and meeting new people. Feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding, and we do hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Beachwood area.

Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at this property over MLK weekend for a hockey tournament. This hotel was wonderful in every way. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was good, and the person running the breakfast was very friendly and on top of things. With 16 families, most with small kids, all trying to check in, eat, and leave on the same schedule it can be a challenge for some hotels. This hotel handled everything perfectly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Wlvrne875,

Thanks for the great review. I’ll let my staff know that you noticed their efforts. I’m sure they’ll be excited to hear the feedback. They work very hard to make sure no detail is overlooked. We always enjoy hosting the tournaments that come to the area. Please come back and visit us again sometime, we’d love to see you again!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I had several choices of hotels in Beachwood Ohio. Extended Stay America was right next door and available for $79.00 per night, Fairfield Inn also next door was available for $114.00.
I chose the Hampton Inn because I have stayed there before, liked the facilities and the Hampton Inn website gave a special AARP discount, $102.00 per night with a 2pm check out. This was perfect for our stay.
Housekeeping showed up Sunday morning at my door at 9:20am. Very early for a 2pm checkout but I didn’t really mind because breakfast was over at 10am.
After breakfast we went back to the room to relax and get ready for the pool. Housekeeping again showed up at 12:30pm asking us to check out. When I tried to explain to the gentleman that I had a 2pm checkout he said he knew nothing about it.
I then called the front desk. I explained the situation to him and told me he was not responsible for the web site and his facility did not have a 2pm check out. I once again tried to explain that I didn’t want to over stay my welcome but the Hampton web site said… He then took an even firmer position with me and told me again he really didn’t care what the web site said. With that we packed our bags and left for the day.
Why does Hampton offer a perk it does not intend to honor? Can I assume the prices, address and photos displayed on the web are incorrect as well and up to the discression of who ever answers the phone at the front desk? I understand that the desk manager is not responsible for maintenance of the website but to not even hear what I was saying or ask me to show him what I was talking about was just plain rude.
Ron

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RastaRonnie
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear RastaRonnie,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey with regards to your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland/Beachwood. I can assure you each survey is read and distributed to the appropriate departments. We also realize you have a choice when traveling and want to be your first!

I am so very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay with us! It is our goal to make our hotel a home away from home for our guests, and I feel horrible that you did not get to experience this. Everything that happened with the late checkout was a huge misunderstanding that should not have happened and I apologize for this situation not being handled properly. We should have taken the extra step to make you and your wife comfortable, and honor the 2pm checkout. Instead, we fell short and we made a major mistake. Our guests should never be treated rudely. I cannot express to you how sorry we are for everything you went through during your stay with us.
I would love to talk further with you about this situation. Please feel free to call the hotel at any time! I can be reached at 216-831-3735. Thank you again for letting us know of the problems you encountered during your stay with us.