“A Great Experience!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Novi, Michigan
“A Great Experience!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at this property over MLK weekend for a hockey tournament. This hotel was wonderful in every way. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The breakfast was good, and the person running the breakfast was very friendly and on top of things. With 16 families, most with small kids, all trying to check in, eat, and leave on the same schedule it can be a challenge for some hotels. This hotel handled everything perfectly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Wlvrne875,

Thanks for the great review. I’ll let my staff know that you noticed their efforts. I’m sure they’ll be excited to hear the feedback. They work very hard to make sure no detail is overlooked. We always enjoy hosting the tournaments that come to the area. Please come back and visit us again sometime, we’d love to see you again!

Alisha Koby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I had several choices of hotels in Beachwood Ohio. Extended Stay America was right next door and available for $79.00 per night, Fairfield Inn also next door was available for $114.00.
I chose the Hampton Inn because I have stayed there before, liked the facilities and the Hampton Inn website gave a special AARP discount, $102.00 per night with a 2pm check out. This was perfect for our stay.
Housekeeping showed up Sunday morning at my door at 9:20am. Very early for a 2pm checkout but I didn’t really mind because breakfast was over at 10am.
After breakfast we went back to the room to relax and get ready for the pool. Housekeeping again showed up at 12:30pm asking us to check out. When I tried to explain to the gentleman that I had a 2pm checkout he said he knew nothing about it.
I then called the front desk. I explained the situation to him and told me he was not responsible for the web site and his facility did not have a 2pm check out. I once again tried to explain that I didn’t want to over stay my welcome but the Hampton web site said… He then took an even firmer position with me and told me again he really didn’t care what the web site said. With that we packed our bags and left for the day.
Why does Hampton offer a perk it does not intend to honor? Can I assume the prices, address and photos displayed on the web are incorrect as well and up to the discression of who ever answers the phone at the front desk? I understand that the desk manager is not responsible for maintenance of the website but to not even hear what I was saying or ask me to show him what I was talking about was just plain rude.
Ron

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RastaRonnie
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear RastaRonnie,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey with regards to your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland/Beachwood. I can assure you each survey is read and distributed to the appropriate departments. We also realize you have a choice when traveling and want to be your first!

I am so very sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay with us! It is our goal to make our hotel a home away from home for our guests, and I feel horrible that you did not get to experience this. Everything that happened with the late checkout was a huge misunderstanding that should not have happened and I apologize for this situation not being handled properly. We should have taken the extra step to make you and your wife comfortable, and honor the 2pm checkout. Instead, we fell short and we made a major mistake. Our guests should never be treated rudely. I cannot express to you how sorry we are for everything you went through during your stay with us.
I would love to talk further with you about this situation. Please feel free to call the hotel at any time! I can be reached at 216-831-3735. Thank you again for letting us know of the problems you encountered during your stay with us.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

For a weekend stay this place is the place to stay. It has very easy access to the I-271 corridor easy on easy off. The rooms are big if you want a little more room ask for the 2 queen bed rooms, but the Kings are nice too. The breakfast was nice and the lobby was clean. If I had one complaint it would be they had a snow removal company come and clean up the parking lot at 10:30 at night. He didn't leave until after 11:30pm. All he was doing was knocking down snow piles and cleaning up a little they had all day to do it. Oh it was not snowing either. It was just clean up. So I could not sleep until they were done, but that was the only complaint I had. I also thought the Pool closed a little early 10:00pm. My over all stay was pleasant and I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2 queen beds a bigger room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Joseph V,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback which will help us improve our guest experience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that our room types meet your expectations. I’m very sorry that our snow plow company disturbed your night sleep. We have talked to them and made sure this will not happen again. Our expectations are beyond those of our guests and you should be wowed at every opportunity. We hope you’ll stay with us again, and if you do, please let us know if anything does not exceed your expectations so that we can do everything in our power to impress you before you leave our property.

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our family has stayed at this property many times since it opened. We love the location and all the staff is extremely pleasant. The lady that takes care of/manages the breakfast room is wonderful and efficient, too. It's great that they were in the process of making the spa pool accessible by installing a lift. We really like the coffee and the sealed cups in the room are excellent. The only issue is the bedding. This last trip on Dec 29 and 30 was nice, but the mattress wasn't up to the Hampton standard of comfort. It was very inexpensive and lacked padding so I could not sleep. The duvet and quilt were clean, but washings have rendered the padding of the quilt into little packs centered into each divided pocket. The room staff put the top sheet on sideways and I had to get up during the night and remake the bed ( I even left a gratuity the night before.) Please return to the great bedding used when the hotel opened since my husband loves to stay here. Loyal Guest

Room Tip: Rooms are consistent
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Olive11,

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about our hotel. We take guest comments very seriously as they are the basis for improving our hotel and service level. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and our amenities in the room.

I’m very sorry to see that you had some imperfections in your stay and I want to let you know that we’re going to address all of these issues with our staff. All of our rooms should be using the newest mattresses and bedding, so we will find out why that did not happen in your case and make sure all rooms are consistent. We’ll also review our room inspection procedures with our housekeeping staff. Under no circumstances do we feel that it is acceptable for our beds to not be made correctly.

Once again, thanks so much for bringing these important issues to my attention. We look forward to your return visit in the future.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a nice, standard but newer Hampton Inn on the eastside. I stay here six or seven times a year. Hampton is my standard business hotel. What's great about it is it's location: within a mile of Corky and Lenny's deli, Whole Foods, Starbucks, Trader Joes, Mitchells Fish House and many other restaurants and upscale shopping. The staff is always cordial and attentive. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Mr. JohnnySoCal ,

I am glad to hear that you enjoy staying at our hotel and that you have been able to see the renovation of our lobby. I appreciate you being a loyal guest to our Hampton Brand and hotel. Our staff takes great pride in making sure every guest is taken care of. Thank you for staying and taking the time to give us a nice review. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Beachwood area.

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

For anyone needing a place to stay near the I-271 corridor, the Hampton Inn in Beachwood would be a good choice. It's a newer hotel and still has that patina of freshness and shine that newer hotels have. The rooms are a good size, the beds are comfortable, and like other Hamptons, they offer free parking and a free breakfast. The room rate is moderate.

The best part is the location. On nearby Chagrin Blvd., one can find many interesting shops like WholeFoods, Trader Joes, Sur la Table, and many others as well as a variety of good restaurants.

The Hampton Inn was a pleasant hotel with a caring staff and comfortable rooms at a good price.

Room Tip: A busy interstate is by the hotel, so a room on the opposite side would be ideal.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Syrdavid923,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that our location was a good fit for you during your stay in Beachwood. I just read this at our daily staff meeting and our team was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had a very pleasant stay here. Hotel is in a convenient location and the free breakfast & wireless was a bonus. Can't remember the name of the front desk staff member who assisted us on several occasions but she was extremely helpful (ie. actually printed us directions off Google maps instead of giving us vague verbal directions like you get in so many hotels). Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SandraO,

I am happy to hear that my staff was able to help you with your driving needs. The front desk agent that helped you was Suzanne. We take pride in our customer service and we always try to go a step above average for our guests. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and internet amenities. I hope to see you again if your travels bring you to the Beachwood area.