“UNBELIEVABLY BAD EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
erie pa
“UNBELIEVABLY BAD EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I normally would not take the time to write a review such as this but it was so horrendous that i had to review it.
My boyfriend and I stayed here on a weekend night about a month ago, I looked as if there was family reunions going on or something. All night kids and people running up and down the hallways. and to make matters worse, when we got back from dinner there were actually people sleeping IN THE HALLWAYS on the floor! 7 to be exact. so we were actually walking over kids that were laying in the hallway. To me it seemed as if the people who had all these kids could not afford to pay the extra for a cot. I called security which informed me that they had already been called and they would take care of it but the end result is we did NOT SLEEP AT ALL@! and vowed we would never stay there again! i have been a hilton honor member for over 10 years and have not ever had a worse experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travlgrl757
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Juli757,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We hate to hear of any of our guests having a bad experience in our hotel, and really appreciate the feedback, as it can only help us improve. I talked to our staff members who worked the weekend you were here to find more information on what happened. There was a family reunion staying with us, and the kids in the hallway were cousins who hadn't seen each other in a long time. When our night auditor went upstairs and saw the kids in the hallway, he immediately asked them to return to their rooms, as we do not allow people to congregate in the hallways. As far as he was aware, they did so, and he was under the impression that everything was resolved. It is clear that it was not, and for that, I sincerely apologize. I would love to discuss this with you further. Every guest who stays is important to me, and I want to answer any questions or concerns that remain about our hotel or operation. Please call me at the hotel. Thank you again for your response.

Alisha Koby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saint James, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel while we visited friends. We traveled with another couple, who had their own room. Both rooms were very clean. The breakfast buffet had variety and changed daily. The pool area was very nice. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful response. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our amenities at our property. Our breakfast staff does there best to make sure everything is stocked for your enjoyment. We hope to see you in the future.

Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed at Hampton for nine nights while wife was havng surgery at Cleveland Clinic. Have stayed he in the past, little drive to clinic but not bad. Safe area, lots of restuarants, stores, etc. Clean, quiet, all the things you expect from Hampton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank skokum
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thanks for the great review. I’ll let the staff know that you noticed their efforts. I’m sure they’ll be excited to hear the feedback. They work very hard to make sure no detail is overlooked. Please come back and visit us again sometime, we’d love to see you again!

southern US
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The building itself is very pretty. (I don't usually associate Hampton with "stylish', but this one was.) It has larger rooms, nicer furniture and a better breakfast buffet than most Hampton Inns.

However, the reservation process was really poor. I was traveling with an elderly relative who uses a walker. When I made the reservation (through the Hilton website) I requested a room with two beds and a walk-in shower. To make sure of this, I called the hotel twice before arriving and was assured that my request could be honored. When we arrived, we were given a room with a perfect shower but just one bed, which was not acceptable. When we changed to a room with two beds, there was no walk-in (or roll-in) shower. They did provide a shower seat, but my relative was unable to climb over the side of the bathtub and therefore couldn't shower during our two night stay. Staff apologized and blamed a coding error in the reservation process. However, they said the hotel has NO rooms with two beds and a walk-in/roll-in shower. This seems poor planning because many people who need this type of shower might travel with a companion or helper who isn't going to share a bed with them!

Also, (minor point), though I am a Hilton Honors member and used the number when I made the reservation, I received none of the perks - like a bottle or water or a newspaper - that usually go along with this.

More important, when I made the reservation I looked at all the categories of discounts (like AAA) that I was eligible for and selected the best price. When we were checking in, someone who walked up with no reservation was offered a similar room for $30 less a night. This is not a good way to reward brand loyalty! (To be fair, they did give me the lower rate when I asked why my price was so much higher, but I wouldn't have received it if I hadn't overheard the offer to the other guest.)

Room Tip: Caution for people with disabilities! My "poor" rating for the room is because it did not...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Yankeeinexile
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about our hotel. We take guest comments very seriously as they are the basis for improving our hotel and service level.

I’m very sorry to see that you had some imperfections in your stay and I want to let you know that we’re going to address all of these issues with our staff. We apologize for the confusion with your room type and that we did not have what you needed available. We’ll also review our room types and procedures with our front desk staff. Under no circumstances do we feel that it is acceptable for the wrong information to be given about our handicapped rooms.

Once again, thanks so much for bringing these important issues to my attention, and I hope you’ll reconsider your option to stay somewhere else in the future. We’re proud of our property and the improvements we’ve made recently are an indication of our desire to continually enhance guest experience.

Dallas
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

Close to shops and food. VERY clean hotel, with breakfast in the morning. Plush linens on the bed. Nice place to stay. Perfect for business travel

• Stayed June 2012
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, June 14, 2012

All the best,

General Maanger
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is a standard Hampton Inn, with clean rooms, a modern feel, and all of the amenities you expect from this caliber of hotel. The woman working the front desk was nice enough to call a car for us (we were going to a local bar and didn't want to drive) and let us know when it was waiting outside.

Trying to take advantage of breakfast was a nightmare with some baseball tournament attendees staying in the hotel, but that's hardly their fault. I was surprised that the front desk didn't do anything about the loud, drunk, and still-drinking baseball dads hanging outside of the front doors, but you couldn't really hear them from the rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Derek D
Alisha K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback which will help us improve our guest experience. I’m very sorry that our staff did not handle the disruptive guests in a timely manner. I am so glad to hear that the front desk was able to make an impact on your stay by helping you with transportation so you did not have to worry about it. We are working on trying to provide a different area for our sports teams to eat due to it getting very hectic in our breakfast area. We hope you’ll stay with us again, and if you do, please let us know if anything does not exceed your expectations so that we can do everything in our power to impress you before you leave our property.

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We are in Cleveland with family for our daughters graduation from Case Western Reserve Univ. We have 3 rooms for 3 nights and the staff has been great . We will return

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
akoby8, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for a great review. We are happy that you and your family were able to celebrate this exciting time at our hotel. Our team will be excited to hear the feedback. They work very hard to make sure no detail is overlooked. Please come back and visit us again sometime soon, we’d love to see you again!