“Nice Facility, tricky to find your way into the parking lot”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Beachwood in November. Despite every room being booked and lots of people around due to a NCAA sports event, the hotel staff was prompt, courteous and remarkably helpful. Our standard rooms with king beds were large and comfortable. We found the mattresses and linens particularly nice. The wi-fi is fairly fast and the room and washroom has all the amenities you would want and need. Despite my concern that our rooms were facing the interstate, we noticed no road noise, which was really nice. Hats off to the Hilton/Hampton Inn people for putting in the right kind of windows!

The breakfast - what can I say about a free breakfast? - was just so-so, but the staff was quick to replenish all the items, so we lacked for nothing, despite the number of people there. The kids said the oatmeal was quite good. The lobby i spacious and comfortable with coaches and tables for lounging and a couple large-screen tv's for watching the football game(s). By the way, there are several restaurants within walking distance, including a Bob Evans, so no one should have a complaint about getting something to eat.

Last, but not least, the Hotel is very visible from Interstate 271 (practically sits on the highway) but is a bit tricky to actually find the right entrance to get in to the Hampton Inn. If there is signage, which there may be, our seven people in two cars missed seeing signs indicating the single tiny - and shared - driveway. It's not big deal and a minor annoyance at most. I guess I had to say at least one picky thing.

Over all, a nice property with a good staff. Two thumbs up from our fairly picky family!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room closest to the elevator, and on a busy weekend and noticed NO noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
akoby8, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments! We are all so happy to hear that your stay was great and uninterrupted! We did have a lot of people in the weekend you were here, and our entire staff worked so hard to make each guests stay memorable. We do understand that our signage at our hotel entrance is a little scarce; however, we are getting a new sign for the end of the driveway! This will be much easier for guests to enter. I really hope your travels bring you to Beachwood again. We strive to be the #1 hotel in Beachwood and its comments like yours that help us on that journey. Thank you for staying with us. Here at Hampton Inn & Suites Beachwood "We Love Having You Here!"
All the best,
Abbey Abramowicz
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland/Beachwood

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We checked in around 8:30 p.m. after a long day and found everything to be top-notch! Room was very comfortable and immaculate with great bed. Friendly and helpful staff who went out of their way to be helpful and pleasant. Excellent breakfast in lobby. Everything was fresh, attractive and delicious. Great location. Will stay here again if in Cleveland.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments! We strive to satisfy every guest every time! Our entire staff works so hard every day to make each guests stay memorable, and it is great to see it is appreciated by our guests. I am so glad you enjoyed our “hot on the house” breakfast! I really hope your travels bring you to Beachwood again. We strive to be the #1 hotel in Beachwood and its comments like yours that help us on that journey. Thank you for staying with us. Here at Hampton Inn & Suites Beachwood "We Love Having You Here!"
All the best,
Abbey Abramowicz
Assistant General Manager
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland/Beachwood

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I had the pleasure to spend two nights at this Motel last week. From the get go we were greeted warmly at the front desk. I wish I could remember the girls name, but she was cute, petite with longer wavy hair. My girlfriend and I came to area for my birthday and to see Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Our room was clean and fresh. Beds comfy. Nice furnishings and TV. Bath also very clean. I'm fussy and this room was in my opinion, nice for the price. The staff even helped my girlfriend have flowers delivered for me, and staff also gave me a hand written card. We liked the breakfasts which had a lot of different things to chose from...cereal to eggs. Well kept and managed. From now on I'll always see if there is a Hampton Inn around when I travel... :-)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
akoby8, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel in Beachwood. We take great pride in our hotel so I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The front desk agent was Suzanne and she was very happy to hear that she was helpful during your time at the hotel.The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a great place to see, I am glad you enjoyed it. I do hope that the next time you are in Beachwood, Ohio you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Nice eating area, rooms, indoor pool. Good staff. Very quiet - but ask for room away from highway. About five restaurants within walking distance - and there is a sidewalk (almost unheard of in this setting in USA). Another ten places within 5-10 minute drive. If you search for restaurants in area on tripadvisor - many are listed under Cleveland (not correct) also try Woodmere, and Beachwood. Hotel has a restaurant list - conveniently in sections by distance.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
akoby8, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2011

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate the positive feedback and look forward to serving you again in the future. It is comments like yours that help us maintain the excellence we are trying to achieve.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Let me start by stating that there is nothing wrong with this hotel. It is a good hotel. It is located between the highway and a road that parallels the highway, along with about four other hotels, I thought this might be a problem but I never heard highway traffic from my room. In fact I never heard any noise. The hotel and grounds are well kept and pleasant. One benefit of staying in this area is that there are plenty of restaurants within two miles of the hotel. Everything from fine dining and specialty restaurants to fast food.

The lobby/breakfast area is more eleborate than other hotels of this kind that i have experienced. The people at the front desk were polite and professional.

The room was typical: nice, comfortable, and clean, but if you are looking for exciting, this isn't it. I wasn't looking for exciting. I just wanted a comfortable bed, a large desk, and a confortable chair, and this room didn't disappoint.

I only have two minor complaints. The first is that the room didn't have a mini-fridge. When I travel by car, and lets face it, 99% of the people who stay at hotels like this are traveling by car; I carry bottled water with me. And I want that water chilled. Without a fridge in the room, I can't have chilled water.

The second complaint is about the breakfast. I haven't come to expect too much from the complimentary breakfast buffets at hotels, but this one was lacking. I didn't like the eggs, I didn't like the sausage, and the fruit was tasteless.

I guess the impression that I was left with is that despite this being a clean, quiet, comfortable hotel, which all that some peopel are looking for, I have recently stayed at other chain hotels in this price range which were nicer. They had nicer decor, better equipped rooms, and better breakfasts. The bar has been raised and this hotel should see what its competitors are doing and improve its game.

Having said that, I would stay here again. I'd just go out for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SEMich
akoby8, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Thank you for your recent response regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Beachwood. We value the opinion of our guests and the considerations that are mentioned. We are always looking for ways to improve our breakfast and feel that it is very important our guests wake up to a good start with a tasty breakfast. Our staff works hard everyday to make sure our guests are satisfied and that they will come back and stay with us. We hope your travels bring you to Beachwood again and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This is your standard Hampton. Everything was in good order, rooms were clean, staff was helpful. The only thing I noted that I didn't like is that the walls are quite thin and I could hear my neighbors easily. This is solved by leaving the tv on, but if next door noise really bothers you be aware.

• Stayed: September 2011
akoby8, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Beachwood. We strive everyday to make sure our guests are satisfied with there stay. We are working on resolving the noise issue from room to room. We are very sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to see you again. As always thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Just what we expect in a Hampton Inn - clean, bright, pleasant. Nice to be greeted at the front desk after a long trip by smiling people who sincerely want to help you in any way.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
akoby8, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2011

Thank you for your great comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Beachwood. Our entire staff all works so hard every day to make each guests stay memorable, and it is great to see it is appreciated by our guests. I really hope your travels bring you to Beachwood again.