“Good steakhouse” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Beachwood
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went here as part of a dinner meeting last week. This place can be easy to miss- it's right off of 271 attached to a hotel.

When I got there, there was cheese, crackers and wine as starters. Unfortunately, no wine for me since I was on call. The menu was pre set for us as to what we could choose. The lobster bisque was the first to come out. It packed a lot of punch and had good flavor to it. We also had a wedge salad with house blue cheese dressing and candied nuts. Me personally, not a fan of a half a head of lettuce as my salad.

For entrees, we had the option of a filet mignon, chicken or atlantic salmon. I got the salmon with butter sauce and it was delicious. Again, good flavors and good sauces. Portion sizes were generous as well (I had enough to bring home). We also had sides of sauteed mushrooms and garlic mashed potatoes. Loved the potatoes!!

For dessert, chocolate tort. Mine came home with me, but it was rich and some good stuff.

Not sure of the prices (I wasn't the one the one paying), but I'd go back to try more food!

• Visited July 2013

Twinsburg, Ohio
“Expensive but excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very high end menu, with excellent selection and beautifully prepared and presented. We had a small group of 3 and tried a variety of fish and beef (of course) and eveything was very very good. The service also matches the quality of the food. Extensive wine list, mostly pricey, but we were able to find a decent Napa Cab Sauvignon for "only" $36.

Not an every week place for most budgets, but a really nice special occassion spot.
Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
Kelly, Wyoming
“Very good steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Attended with six others for a family event. Steaks were very good...not perfect, but very good. Service was also very good. Wine list is extensive but significantly overpriced

• Visited April 2013
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have never actually written a review before, but our recent dinner experience at this restaurant was so poor it has compelled me to warn others. My husband and I have to be very particular
about where we eat because I am severly allergic to gluten and dairy. The menu seemed very promising at Hyde Park and the reviews seemed good so we thought we would give it a try. Unfortunately, what no one mentioned was how the chefs do not know how to cook seafood properly and all of the food is very overpriced. We paid $14.50 for two very small "blackened" scallops that were barely browned, and I had to send back shrimp cocktail because they were overcooked and lacked flavor. The service was so poor that by the time I had the opportunity to send my shrimp back my husband was done with his meal so i left hungry and unsatisfied. This was one of if not the worst dining experiences we have had in Beachwood and I would strongly encourage anyone reading this to choose a different restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jennifer T
Lorain, Ohio
“reward for helping out a friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Incredible food and service. Throw a dart at the steak menu. My friend and his wife have had nearly all of them and it's more difficult for them to choose than anewbie like me. The wine list is really full of great choices. I travel overseas and was quite impressed woith the selections.The appetizers set the tone for possibly the best meal you have enjoyed in some time. I finished the night with a red velvet cake, omg it was soooo good. Oh and my steak was pretty tasty tooo!

• Visited February 2013