“Not worth the money”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have never actually written a review before, but our recent dinner experience at this restaurant was so poor it has compelled me to warn others. My husband and I have to be very particular
about where we eat because I am severly allergic to gluten and dairy. The menu seemed very promising at Hyde Park and the reviews seemed good so we thought we would give it a try. Unfortunately, what no one mentioned was how the chefs do not know how to cook seafood properly and all of the food is very overpriced. We paid $14.50 for two very small "blackened" scallops that were barely browned, and I had to send back shrimp cocktail because they were overcooked and lacked flavor. The service was so poor that by the time I had the opportunity to send my shrimp back my husband was done with his meal so i left hungry and unsatisfied. This was one of if not the worst dining experiences we have had in Beachwood and I would strongly encourage anyone reading this to choose a different restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jennifer T

Lorain, Ohio
“reward for helping out a friend”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Incredible food and service. Throw a dart at the steak menu. My friend and his wife have had nearly all of them and it's more difficult for them to choose than anewbie like me. The wine list is really full of great choices. I travel overseas and was quite impressed woith the selections.The appetizers set the tone for possibly the best meal you have enjoyed in some time. I finished the night with a red velvet cake, omg it was soooo good. Oh and my steak was pretty tasty tooo!

• Visited February 2013
Cleveland
“Always great!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went on a busy saturday night. Sat in the bar area so we could have a booth. Service was attentive. Food was great as always. Had the seafood tower app, wife had filet, I had the wagyu ribeye. Everything was made to perfection. Another excellent night at Hyde Park. Never disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Always a Favorite”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Whenever I get to choose which restaurant I want to go out to for a special occasion, I often choose Hyde Park. We always receive excellent service and have never had a bad meal. I love their bread basket that comes with dinner. They also have a wonderful Ceasar Salad. The steak is perfectly done and I steal my husband's thin crispy onion rings.

• Visited December 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife's company had their Christmas dinner here. As usual I was expecting dry cold chicken. I was amazed at the quality of food that was served. Everbody was raving about the meal which included fish, chicken, or filet mignon. The salad and dessert were very good as well. All told, the best banquet type food that I have ever had. I great place for a company party!

• Visited December 2012