“Delicious dinner at Giovanni's”

Giovanni's Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Giovanni's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 66 Restaurants in Beachwood
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Richmond Road
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my first time to Giovanni's, and I was not disappointed. It was for a business dinner, and everyone could not say enough good things. The building in which it is located is not very appealing, but don't let that dissuade you.

The wine list was fabulous, with everything from a reasonably priced wines to special occasion selections. The presentation of the salads and entrees was nice - and the flavors divine. I had the organic mixed greens salad, which was delicious. I also had the halibut, the sauce for which was a bit heavy on the horseradish, but otherwise perfectly cooked and flavorful. A couple of the other diners had pasta dishes, and they were also very good from their reports. Even the bread and butter were delicious. Desserts were also very good (I had tiramisu; lots of gelato enjoyed by everyone else), and enough to share.

Service was prompt without being intrusive. I would definitely go back when in the Cleveland area, for business or pleasure.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday on a Tuesday evening at Giovanni's. This is by far the best restaurant for special occasions in Northeast Ohio. The food was fantastic. Starting with the wine and drinks which just tasted better to the main courses, which were prepared to perfection, this was a special meal. I had a filet which was cooked perfectly with great seasonal sides. The others in our party had fish which was fresh and delicious. The service here is outstanding as well, never pushy or rushed but there when you needed them. The bar has recently been renovated to a more contemporary feel. It's been a long time since I have been here but I know I will be back soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were at Giovanni's recently to celebrate a special occasion. Our first time at Giovanni's. The homemade breadsticks on the table were delish! Food and service were impeccable. We started with their version of Capresse salad, it was divine. We ordered other appetizers, not remembering the title, but, beef tartar, and oysters, all of which were excellent.

I had salmon and it was perhaps the best salmon I have ever had. Cooked to perfection the way I like it , crusted outside, with a soft center. Bernaise sauce was served table side. The vegetables that accompanied it were flavorful and the treatment of the beets were something that I have never come across before, and very delish. Other selections from our table, the strip steak and lamb selections. For dessert don't miss the Baked Sicily. Cake like bottom layer that was the foundation to gelato and meringue, finished table side with a flaming sauce of vodka and amaretto, if I remember correctly as I did ask, for a most beautiful presentation.

Delish entrees, presentation, and service staff were outstanding. Our first time at Giovanni's and reading some of the reviews, we thought maybe the portions were going to be on the smaller side for what you pay for, but, not the case and exceeded our expectations.

Thank you for a lovely evening.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

service, wine and the matradee been there since 1977 very kind and nice -- they do things Old school about the customer

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have visited and revisited this restaurant over quite a few years - never disappointed. Recent lunch was delightful and birthday for my husband was very nice. We will continue our relationship!

Been to Giovanni's Ristorante? Share your experiences!