“Enjoyed my two weeks....”

Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Lakeland, Florida
“Enjoyed my two weeks....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Thanks to Wendy Adams and her whole crew at the Residence Inn Beachwood for making my two week stay go by without a hitch. Always a smile with the front desk crew. It was never a bother for the breakfast ladies to give me a to-go box when I had to rush out to work.

I've stayed at several hotels in my life due to my work travels-- and on vacation. I personally prefer Residence Inns due to the extra space and living area. I actually transferred here from another "business" hotel as I wanted the extra living space, full-size fridge, and kitchen. I stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago and knew how great they were.

The guy who put "worst hotel ever" for his review title either is from a competitor or had some personal issues while here-- there's NO WAY he's talking about this place (or maybe he thought he was signing in to the Ritz-Carlton)!

Their free wireless internet IS slower than the high speed internet we've become accustomed to (probably on par with the free airport wi-fi). The key word being FREE. Feel free to use your own wireless if it doesn't work for you. I used mine but was glad to use their wi-fi to stream my music. The hotel is an older property but has flat screen TVs in the rooms, etc (the desk chair was uncomfortable but I'm accustomed to my Herman Miller Aeron chair-- it wouldn't be fair to dock them for not having my chair). Let's have realistic expectations here, folks!

I give this hotel a 5 out of 5 because of the overall experience.

The smiles, the service. Because someone's always there to pick up the phone even when I call down at 1 a.m. to request my morning wake-up call. The laundry room has several washers and dryers--only a dollar to wash and a dollar to dry. They have a gym on site but still give you free daily passes to the HUGE two-story Lifetime fitness gym around the corner (I saw someone at the gym pay $20 to have a visitor get in one day so it's definitely worth it). It's the little things-- they don't have to give gym passes but they do....

If you want a fancy high class/high rise hotel with turn-down service, etc for a short trip, you're better off at the full service Marriott up the road.

If you're a road warrior like me and will be there for weeks on end and want an apartment-like atmosphere with extra space, CONSISTENT service and amenities (ie. free breakfast every morning AND a free meal/drinks on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays that change weekly-- ie. Burger Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, BBQ Wednesdays) then this is the place for you.

Thanks again guys. No one every PLANS to stay in Cleveland (ha ha) but if I'm every back I'll be hanging with you all!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

From check in to check out, every member of the staff was pleasant and friendly. We felt really valued as guests. The suite was comfortable and everything was in excellent working order. Internet logon was easy and trouble free, and I was able to use the wifi on my tablet and smartphone as well. We stayed only one night, so didn't take advantage of too many amenities, but the breakfast was good and really liked having the daily local papers available. We've stayed here multiple times over the years, and they always do a good job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, June 17, 2013

We will definitely be sharing with the staff that they were able to make you feel like the valued guest that you are!

Thank you also for your loyalty and we will see you again hopefully in the near future.

Lynsey Kreitzer
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the finest Residence Inn's we have had the pleasure of visiting. Not only were the staff friendly and accommodating, but from the minute we entered through the front door, to when we opened the door to our suite, we new we had made the perfect choice for our evenings stay. From the lobby to the halls and lounge areas, this property is very tastefully decorated, and worthy of a 5 star rating. We know where we'll be staying in the future whenever we visit the Cleveland area, and would highly recommend this hotel to all others looking for their next home away from home.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was in the Cleveland area for four nights and stayed at the Residence Inn (Rm 250) in Beachwood. I found the place easy to get to and the staff very friendly. Kudo's to Michael who checked me in, Denise and on the house keepers and two maintenance staff who assisted me with a fridge issue. the room was large, clean and quiet. I couldn't have asked for anything better! Thanks Ya'all

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Good morning ATL travler!

We want to thank you for not only giving us a wonderful review, but mainly for recognizing two of our associates! We know that Michael and Denise, as well as all of our staff, do a lot to make our guests comfortable. We will be sure to pass along your kudos to them as well.

Thanks again,
Lynsey Kreitzer
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

was here for one night for business trip the pros of this hotel are room size, bed size in the room i stayed (room 201) , breakfast spread in morning, courtesy of front desk.

They have a free guest pass to near by life fitness - in case you did not arrive to hotel by taxi and you have your rented car/your own car. this fitness center is just 5 minutes drive from the property

The rooms are quiet and comfortable , even though most of the property and building looks a bit old

Now coming to cons
The layout of the hotel itself is very confusing, you have to go around in loops to reach your room, its more or less like solving a maze , finding fitness room ..etc
There are no vending machines in the second floor or any other floor - expect for every time you have to go to front desk - for water or any other basic needs

Room Tip: room 201 is better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NYtraveller001
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I reluctantly returned to the Residence Inn in Beachwood because the price was drastically different that other hotels in the area. While the hotel is older and the rooms are what they are, this time my room was much cleaner than the last time I stayed. I really think it's time for an update, painting and new furniture but that's just me. The staff was very attentive and when I told the woman at the front desk about my previous stay she told me I should try an allergen free room. Unfortunately she was not able to change the room because of some computer issue. The bottom line is, if you're looking for cheap and decent this hotel might be for you. (The prices change drastically in the summer)

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel is located near Beachwwod Mall(very good mall), and the Legacy(kind of an open mall, with good restaurants(chesecake factory, brio) and stores(talbots, create and barrel, apple, etc). Good breakfast. Nice.

Room Tip: Choose a room distant than the elevator..little noise (open and closing doors)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family