Thanks to Wendy Adams and her whole crew at the Residence Inn Beachwood for making my two week stay go by without a hitch. Always a smile with the front desk crew. It was never a bother for the breakfast ladies to give me a to-go box when I had to rush out to work.
I've stayed at several hotels in my life due to my work travels-- and on vacation. I personally prefer Residence Inns due to the extra space and living area. I actually transferred here from another "business" hotel as I wanted the extra living space, full-size fridge, and kitchen. I stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago and knew how great they were.
The guy who put "worst hotel ever" for his review title either is from a competitor or had some personal issues while here-- there's NO WAY he's talking about this place (or maybe he thought he was signing in to the Ritz-Carlton)!
Their free wireless internet IS slower than the high speed internet we've become accustomed to (probably on par with the free airport wi-fi). The key word being FREE. Feel free to use your own wireless if it doesn't work for you. I used mine but was glad to use their wi-fi to stream my music. The hotel is an older property but has flat screen TVs in the rooms, etc (the desk chair was uncomfortable but I'm accustomed to my Herman Miller Aeron chair-- it wouldn't be fair to dock them for not having my chair). Let's have realistic expectations here, folks!
I give this hotel a 5 out of 5 because of the overall experience.
The smiles, the service. Because someone's always there to pick up the phone even when I call down at 1 a.m. to request my morning wake-up call. The laundry room has several washers and dryers--only a dollar to wash and a dollar to dry. They have a gym on site but still give you free daily passes to the HUGE two-story Lifetime fitness gym around the corner (I saw someone at the gym pay $20 to have a visitor get in one day so it's definitely worth it). It's the little things-- they don't have to give gym passes but they do....
If you want a fancy high class/high rise hotel with turn-down service, etc for a short trip, you're better off at the full service Marriott up the road.
If you're a road warrior like me and will be there for weeks on end and want an apartment-like atmosphere with extra space, CONSISTENT service and amenities (ie. free breakfast every morning AND a free meal/drinks on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays that change weekly-- ie. Burger Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, BBQ Wednesdays) then this is the place for you.
Thanks again guys. No one every PLANS to stay in Cleveland (ha ha) but if I'm every back I'll be hanging with you all!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the exclusive Beachwood area of Cleveland, this Residence Inn by Marriott hotel is centrally located to everything Cleveland has to offer. Minutes away from major Cleveland corporations including Philips Medical Systems, Progressive Insurance, Rockwell Automation, Nestle, Cleveland Clinic, and walking distance to the new University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center. Experience the best dining and shopping Cleveland has to offer at Legacy Village, Eton Collection and Beachwood Place. This Residence Inn Hotel has easy access to local attractions such as University Circle, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Progressive Field and Downtown. Enjoy spacious suites when visiting the adjacent communities of Shaker Heights, Cleveland Heights, Solon and Chagrin Falls. Thrive at the Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood Hotel with FREE internet, FREE hot buffet style breakfast, and FREE social hours on select nights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood Hotel Beachwood
- Cleveland Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood Ohio