“Great for families”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great for families”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

This was my stay with a Residence Innand I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly the room very large and more like three rooms. We were in for one Saturday night with three kids. We had a two bedroom, two bath suite which was nice. It had a pull out couch too. I wished they offered a king bed in one room and two doubles in the other, which would have been better for the girls, who had to share a bed. There is a nice kitchen with freezer and fridge and other amenities. The breakfast is a full breakfast with many options and well staffed so well stocked. This is a nice option for families.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Live2Travel ~

By your name on TripAdvisor I want to thank you for your glowing review of the Residence Inn Beachwood as it seems that you travel quite often! We are pleased to hear that your family was comfortable in our two-bedroom suite and able to get enough energy from our hot breakfast buffet to enjoy your day.

We hope to see you the next time that you are in town!

At your service,

Lynsey Kreitzer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The hotel itself is mediocre, and the staff is pretty rude. I'd already prepaid for my room with a third party approval, but the little guy with a tie on wanted to debate me on it. I had the document with me but it was in my rental and I didn't feel like debating after missing my original flight and waiting for a second flight for 5 hours. I wrote the General Manager at the hotel about his additional comment in a very rude way "No parties". I am a professional so I'm not sure what he was speaking of. My last night I asked if there was a cable I could use to connect my laptop to the TV and the night clerk was rude never looking up and said "That is a maintenance question". I then told her to get maintenance on the phone and ask maintenance the maintenance question. I am accustomed to professional environments and the 2 staff members I dealt with were less than professional and should be working at the local gas stations as opposed to a hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Beachwood when traveling to the area as we know you have many options.

Second, I would like to apologize that you did not feel that our staff welcomed you at the hotel. It is of course our number one priority that our guests feel as though they are at their home away from home and your concerns have been addressed. We hope that the next time that you travel to the Cleveland / Beachwood area that we can show you that our number one priority is your comfort.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed here for three nights on a recent business trip to the Cleveland area. This is a nice Residence Inn with a very friendly staff and great social hour. The hotel is extremly clean and centrally located for conducting business in the Chagrin, Beachwood area. I would agree that the funishings are a little dated but the hotel was imacculate and I would not hesitate in staying here again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear BlueMarlinDave ~
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Beachwood! We pride ourselves in our service here and are happy that you appreciated it.

We hope to see you on your next stay to the Cleveland area!

At your service~
Director of Sales
Bloomfield Hills
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We recently had our second stay at this hotel east of Cleveland. Both times we used a 2-bedroom suite. My husband and I used one room, and my parents were in the other. One of the nights our adult son slept on the sofabed in the "living room" area in between the 2 bedrooms. Each bedroom has its own bathroom and its own TV. There's also a TV in the living room space. The kitchenette area has a dishwasher, full oven/stove, microwave, and full-size refrigerator. I made dinner for us one night in the kitchen, and we could use the fridge for storing leftovers, snacks, drinks, etc. We were in the hotel for a 3-night stay. The hotel has lovely, large first floor living room and breakfast areas. This hotel's complimentary breakfasts were the best, most complete I've ever had. The fitness center wasn't too large, but it was clean and had nice equipment. I used it to walk on the treadmill after a large dinner and before going to bed. I was glad I could watch TV while walking. The Beachwood area is loaded with restaurants, shopping options, etc. Quite a few major national chain restaurants (nice ones) are nearby to the Residence Inn.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Friend1957
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Friend~
Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Cleveland Beachwood. We were so happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of so many of our complimentary amenities during your last visit. We hope to see you again in the near future.

~ Lynsey Kreitzer
Evergreen
Reviewed March 26, 2012

If you have to stay in the Cleveland area, look no further. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The entire hotel staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and are extremely helpful. I have stayed in many hotels and have never encountered such a warm welcome. Excellent location near many nice restaurants. This residence inn is a gem!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CarlLakey ~

Thank you for your "Gem" of a review of our Residence Inn Beachwood! We hope that on your next trip to Cleveland we will be able to accommodate you again.

~ Lynsey Kreitzer
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 7, 2012

my son stayed in a king suite for 2 months and my husband and i visited him while we were there. the room was spacious and looked all new . beautiful big chair and sofa for TV watching and 2 large windows for lots of light and an open feel. he checked into a room on the end of the hall on the 1st floor and close to an outside door for easy access to his car . the hotel is very big and he appreciated this easy exit as opposed to having to walk down several long hallways to get to the nearest exit. place has beautiful pool area and fire pit!! lobby is very comfortable. last, the beachwood area is very nice with lots of great restaurants, malls, corporate headquarters, etc. love marriotts in general and this one was a great one.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank karen2011_12
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We have stayed at Residence Inn hotels before and they are usually very decent. I think this one is in need of a renovation. I'm not usually one to care if there is a chip out of the wall in the room or a tile is cracked. But this place was pretty gross. There was a major crack in the bathroom floor (as in a huge gap) and several chips out of the wall throughout. The place is generally out of date. The fridge kept making strange noises which woke us up the first night so we unplugged the fridge for the rest of our stay.

The only thing I can't complain about is the price that I paid through Priceline ($45/night). If I had paid full price for this place I would have been very disappointed. If you need to be in the Beachwood area, stick with the Hilton or Embassy Suites which are located directly across the street.

One tip is to ask for the day pass to the Lifetime Fitness gym. It is located around the corner and has a hot tub, sauna and steam room. That was a nice perk to be able to use it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
lkreitzer, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Elizabeth ~

At the Residence Inn Beachwood we appreciate your honest review of our hotel. It is important to us that we address the concerns that you had about the hotel (condition of room) that you mentioned in your review so that another guest does not experience these same issues in your specific room. I would love it if at your convenience you could contact me at the hotel directly.

Thank you for mentioning the complimentary passes to Life Time Fitness as well. Our partnership with Life Time is truly a valuable amenitiy that our guests get to enjoy during their stay.

We hope to prove to you in the future why the Residence Inn Beachwood is the best choice in your future travels.

216-831-3030