“Double Tree - A Great business & family stay hotel”

DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Pune, India
“Double Tree - A Great business & family stay hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 16 days and enjoyed the stay a lot. It was peaceful and enjoyable. Breakfast was the best part of the stay. Staff is hospitable and they just know what typical business travellers require.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

George I, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear AAshishP, thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel, We appreciate the positive comments and we will share them with all of our staff. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Like the saying goes, You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig...

The previous time we stayed at this property it was a Hilton. Now it's a Double Tree.

Before making my reservation I called the property and inquired about the note on the corporate website that the restaurant was under renovation. I asked if the rooms had already been renovated and the front desk person stated they had already been completed. The only thing lest was the restaurant. I made a reservation based on his response.

The hotel is definitely caught in a time warp of modifications and parts that they just slapped paint on to hide the issue.

Other issues include if your room faces the highway you will hear the noise through the windows. I immediately requested to move our room to the East Park Drive side.

We stayed for 3 nights. One day our room wasn't made up. We came back to our room at 11:30pm and nothing was touched. I called the front desk and all they offered was a "sorry". REALLY Hilton?

The in room a/c make a loud noise when it turns on and off. So if you are going to brave this property bring your ear plugs.

The Hilton Honors Club Room was very nice and offered a continental breakfast each morning, and coffee, tea, sodas, water and snacks throughout the day.

Until the property is fully updated, I would recommend avoiding this one.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room facing the highway.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravelMavenUS
Dear Travel Maven Us, thank you for taking the time to let us know about the concerns you encountered during your most recent stay at our hotel. We are continuing to make the necessary changes to our hotel and I do apologize that our service levels did not meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with our staff and we do hope that the next time you visit us we have met your expectations.Thanks again for your feedback.
Hudson, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Hotel was clean, the rooms are decent size. There is coffee and small continental breakfast in the lobby, but there is a full breakfast buffet served in the restaurant (which you have to pay for). Plenty to choose from.
Attended a seminar held in one of the ballrooms, and the catering staff was very friendly, courteous and attentive.
There is a bar/restaurant which is great, has TV's for sporting events and the bartenders are real nice.
Overall a pretty nice stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dale L
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

I went to Cleveland for my daughter's bridal shower and I wanted to stay close to her future in-law's home. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The lighting in the bathroom could be a little bit better for makeup application. Coffee maker in the room. Coffee is complimentary in the lobby in the morning (but I believe only on the weekends).

Room Tip: I was on the top floor and was very quiet on that level.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank spaintravelerAtlanta
Richmond, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Upon check in we had to deal with being told we did not qualify for certain perks that were offered at the price we paid, though upon making the reservation, on the phone with a live hotel representative she assured me of these perks-so I paid the extra. Eventually and reluctantly the manager gave us the perks we were entitled to.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Thomas O, thanks for letting us know about the front office issues your encountered during your check in, we appreciate it. We have reviewed your comments and have made the necessary changes in dealing with the issue you brought to our attention. Again, thank you and do hope you will give us another chance during your next visit to our hotel.
Verona, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I spent long, hot days as a vendor at a large Arts Festival near the hotel. Starting the day with good hot coffee and a kind staff gave me the energy needed for the crowds-to-come. Then, coming back to a relaxing bath and good sleep prepared us for the next day. I would stay at the DoubleTree again and again. I stayed at another DoubleTree in a different city and found the same gracious hospitality and comfortable environment. Ahhh...

WEST JEFFERSON
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Housekeeping was hit or miss. Didnt clean the sink, or shower, consistantly every day the number of towels, washclothes etc were different one day had 1 washcloth and it looked like a rag. I asked on my reservation to be close to the entrance or elevator due to a bad back (walking is hard for me) they put me at the middle of the hallway. I asked on checkin for a closer room the girl at the desk had an attitude.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mary, I want to thank you for taking the time to bring some of the housekeeping issues you encountered during your most recent stay. I have personally reviewed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and we have made the necessary changes. Again, thank you for your candid feedback, we very much appreciate it.