“For the whole, this hotel is an excellent hotel.”

DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Reviewed September 12, 2013

From the moment you walk in, you are given and pleasant greeting. You're made to feel very The cookie is a great touch. It would even be better if one was given when you leave. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. Free Wi-Fi and plus; vending machines and ice very accessible on each floor. Ample parking, ample night lighting. We have only one problem, The Capers dining room. The service was losey. We ended up walking out before they brought our food, because it was just taking tooooo long. Others in the restaurant (ho can after us) were being served, but no us. Other than that experience, our DoubleTree Hotel stay was good. I would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor! I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that you accept my apologies regarding your experience in our restaurant. I am glad that the Manager on Duty was able to resolve the concern in a fair manner. Oh, and just ask, we are more that happy to had out another cookie anytime you would like one!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is a very big hotel with great services. The rates are competitive and I would feel comfortable bringing my children as it is very child friendly. The staff is very personable and will do whatever they can to accommodate you. This hotel has all the basics plus extras to make a stay as comfortable as possible. Definitely go to the Breakfast buffet....Its good!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at our hotel. I am happy to know that you found our hotel and staff accommodating. Thank you for the nice comments about our breakfast buffet as well....we do offer plenty of choices and a bounty of fresh breakfast options.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Excellent hotel... Quality service and overall enjoyable experience... it felt like I was at home! The staff was very helpful and courteous The cookies are a smashing idea loved them, Had a cookie everyday and my family loved them also! It made us feel connected.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you for the vey kind review of your stay at the DoubleTree Cleveland East Beachwood. I am so glad that you enjoyed the cookies, they are a treat! I hope that you will return and visit us again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We choose this hotel because it was listed as a dog friendly hotel. We were happy with the accommodations but the non-refundable pet fee was excessive. I think they should refund your pet fee if no damage was done to the room. My little dog just slept there for Pete's sake! I know that other Doubletree hotels have refundable fees upon inspection of check out. The air conditioner was very, very noisy and it kept us up all night. It scared the crap out of me when it shut off with the loud bang it made.They really should invest in more quieter cooling devices. It also blew directly onto our bed and there was no way to change its direction. They had the parking lot tied off for paving which made it very inconvenient to get to our room. They should not of paved on a busy holiday weekend, a less busier time of year would of been the smarter call on their part. Poor planning! Otherwise, Deborah was great to deal with upon check-in. Very friendly! Rooms were clean; we left a nice tip for the maid. Pool was warm. Hot tub jets did not all work, very disappointed in that. They should fix the jets! Would probably stay here again if they fix these issues.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with the DoubleTree Cleveland East Beachwood. As one of the few hotels in the area that do, we are happy to welcome pets in our hotel for those travelers that enjoy bringing all members of the family along. The pet fee charged by the hotel covers the additional expenses that the hotel incurs in cleaning to be sensitve to any pet allergies the next guest may have. I am sorry that the parking lot work was an inconvenience. Labor day week was the first period of time with low enough occupancies to be able to get the work done. We did leave more than 400 spaces available and I hope you were able to find a good enough spot. The hot tub jets did malfunction over the weekend, and we have since repaired it.

We look forward to having you visit our hotel again in the near future!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations and I enjoyed my stay. Did not get the cookies and the bathroom was a bit on the small side, but otherwise I could not complain at all. It was an enjoyable stay. The internet connection worked great, much better than expected.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree Cleveland East for your accommodations for this trip! I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry that we did not provide you the welcoming DoubleTree Cookie upon arrival. I have reached out to you to see if we can make this up! Next visit I can promise you a warm chocolate chip cookie! GUARANTEED!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We checked in and the welcome was wonderful. As a Silver member they welcomed me by name, gave us waters and offered us an item from the pantry. When we got to our room it was at the end of the hall next to the soda and ice machine. Not ideal! We stayed but the room had the type of a/c that shuts off and on and did not block out any noise while it was not running. We found that out when our neighbors were partying at 12:30 that night. Super thin walls!
They do have the best treadmill I have ever run on and outside our window was a nice indoor/outdoor pool.
I think I'll shop around next time. A little disappointed in the DoubleTree...but the cookie was good!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. I was happy to see that you were pleased with your arrivalm the extra Silver HHonors amenity and the fitness center (that equipment is brand new!). I am sorry that you did not like the room placement and had trouble with noise from other guests. The same associates that provided you the warm welcome would have been more than happy to find another room for you or contaact the noisy neighbors on your behalf. I hope that you will change your mind and try the DoubleTree for your next visit.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband, my 19y old daughter and I stayed 6 nights. The staff is extremely friendly, nice, and helpful. The room was great, but beware -- the toilet flushing is the same as in airplanes (i.e., loud!!). The warm cookies are to die for. The only flaw is that our room was cleaned in the late afternoon, so 2 of the 6 days we came back to an unmade room and just told the cleaning staff to forget it... No biggie for us, but some people may be disappointed to cone back to an unmade bed at 5:00-6:00pm.

• Stayed: September 2013
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for the kind comments about our team members. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. I am sorry that housekeeping was not able to get to your room in a timely manner. It seems from your dates of stay that you may have come over the Labor day weekend. We start later on weekends and holidays to accommodate those guests that may want to sleep in. Sometimes that means that we may be cleaning rooms until 5:00 or so in the evening. While each room attendant always completes their last room around that time, it certainly doesn't have to be YOUR room each time - sorry about that! Next visit, just let us know a good time to clean your room and we can make adjustments to get it done anytime you wish! We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.