“Very satisfied from OH”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
South Euclid, United States
“Very satisfied from OH”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Excellent hotel... Quality service and overall enjoyable experience... it felt like I was at home! The staff was very helpful and courteous The cookies are a smashing idea loved them, Had a cookie everyday and my family loved them also! It made us feel connected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest;

Thank you for the vey kind review of your stay at the DoubleTree Cleveland East Beachwood. I am so glad that you enjoyed the cookies, they are a treat! I hope that you will return and visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
NY
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We choose this hotel because it was listed as a dog friendly hotel. We were happy with the accommodations but the non-refundable pet fee was excessive. I think they should refund your pet fee if no damage was done to the room. My little dog just slept there for Pete's sake! I know that other Doubletree hotels have refundable fees upon inspection of check out. The air conditioner was very, very noisy and it kept us up all night. It scared the crap out of me when it shut off with the loud bang it made.They really should invest in more quieter cooling devices. It also blew directly onto our bed and there was no way to change its direction. They had the parking lot tied off for paving which made it very inconvenient to get to our room. They should not of paved on a busy holiday weekend, a less busier time of year would of been the smarter call on their part. Poor planning! Otherwise, Deborah was great to deal with upon check-in. Very friendly! Rooms were clean; we left a nice tip for the maid. Pool was warm. Hot tub jets did not all work, very disappointed in that. They should fix the jets! Would probably stay here again if they fix these issues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to stay with the DoubleTree Cleveland East Beachwood. As one of the few hotels in the area that do, we are happy to welcome pets in our hotel for those travelers that enjoy bringing all members of the family along. The pet fee charged by the hotel covers the additional expenses that the hotel incurs in cleaning to be sensitve to any pet allergies the next guest may have. I am sorry that the parking lot work was an inconvenience. Labor day week was the first period of time with low enough occupancies to be able to get the work done. We did leave more than 400 spaces available and I hope you were able to find a good enough spot. The hot tub jets did malfunction over the weekend, and we have since repaired it.

We look forward to having you visit our hotel again in the near future!
Bartlett
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations and I enjoyed my stay. Did not get the cookies and the bathroom was a bit on the small side, but otherwise I could not complain at all. It was an enjoyable stay. The internet connection worked great, much better than expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree Cleveland East for your accommodations for this trip! I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry that we did not provide you the welcoming DoubleTree Cookie upon arrival. I have reached out to you to see if we can make this up! Next visit I can promise you a warm chocolate chip cookie! GUARANTEED!
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We checked in and the welcome was wonderful. As a Silver member they welcomed me by name, gave us waters and offered us an item from the pantry. When we got to our room it was at the end of the hall next to the soda and ice machine. Not ideal! We stayed but the room had the type of a/c that shuts off and on and did not block out any noise while it was not running. We found that out when our neighbors were partying at 12:30 that night. Super thin walls!
They do have the best treadmill I have ever run on and outside our window was a nice indoor/outdoor pool.
I think I'll shop around next time. A little disappointed in the DoubleTree...but the cookie was good!

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor. I was happy to see that you were pleased with your arrivalm the extra Silver HHonors amenity and the fitness center (that equipment is brand new!). I am sorry that you did not like the room placement and had trouble with noise from other guests. The same associates that provided you the warm welcome would have been more than happy to find another room for you or contaact the noisy neighbors on your behalf. I hope that you will change your mind and try the DoubleTree for your next visit.
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband, my 19y old daughter and I stayed 6 nights. The staff is extremely friendly, nice, and helpful. The room was great, but beware -- the toilet flushing is the same as in airplanes (i.e., loud!!). The warm cookies are to die for. The only flaw is that our room was cleaned in the late afternoon, so 2 of the 6 days we came back to an unmade room and just told the cleaning staff to forget it... No biggie for us, but some people may be disappointed to cone back to an unmade bed at 5:00-6:00pm.

• Stayed September 2013
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the kind comments about our team members. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to our hotel. I am sorry that housekeeping was not able to get to your room in a timely manner. It seems from your dates of stay that you may have come over the Labor day weekend. We start later on weekends and holidays to accommodate those guests that may want to sleep in. Sometimes that means that we may be cleaning rooms until 5:00 or so in the evening. While each room attendant always completes their last room around that time, it certainly doesn't have to be YOUR room each time - sorry about that! Next visit, just let us know a good time to clean your room and we can make adjustments to get it done anytime you wish! We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.
Beachwood, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I will never stay at this hotel again!!!!! First, I've never been asked for an ID as an Hilton Honors member before. Second, why would the hotel close HALF the parking lot for repaving during a busy Labor Day Weekend? There were two weddings and a family reunion plus normal holiday business and they close the parking lot?!!! They screwed up my families reservations. We arranged to have my family on the same floor. They didn't honor our request so we ended up all on seperate floor after WEEKS of planning with the hotel!!! Total waste of time!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your visit to our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the problems that you encountered. In regards to the identification requirement, we check identification on all guests to help ensure safety and security, which is our highest priority. I think you will find in the current climate that most hotels do the same. We did begin blocking some parking (about 250 out of 700 available spaces) on Sunday to start work on Monday for sealing the parking lot. We had 270 rooms occupied, but 90 were coming on 2 busses, leaving 180 rooms with about 450 parking spots. I am sorry that you were not able to find one convenient for your needs. While we certainly attempt to honor requests for room location, it is something that we cannot guarantee. I would be happy to look into the issues that might have caused this if you would contact me with the rooms your party used and the person that you planned with here at the hotel. I hope that you had a good fmaily experience in spite of these issues, and hope that you will reconsider DoubleTree again for your future travel needs.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Close to beachwood mall and legacy village, cleveland clinic also. Used to be a hilton some months ago, nice rooms nice for receptions
Great parking space and good coffee a hotel to recommend
Nice for families too

• Stayed September 2013
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for the nice review and recommendation. We appreciate you taking time to put it on TripAdvisor and hope that you will come again the next time your travels bring you to our area.