DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood(Beachwood)(Great Value!)
$97
Homewood
$107
Aloft Beachwood(Beachwood)
$139
All reviewsdouble treecookiesrestaurant staffbreakfast buffetenjoyed my stayfamily reunionbusiness centerbusiness tripstaff was friendlycleveland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

DoubleTree or Hilton - that's the question! The answer is a clean, spacious, friendly property - a good night after a long ride. What more can you ask?

Traveling w/a group, motor coach actually, can present its challenges but when we approached this hotel and prepared to leave the coach amid whispers of cookies awaiting, I knew things were off to a good start. The keys were ready, the room temp great, bed inviting, bath amenities abundant, TV reception good, hallways quiet.

My one challenge was w/Foxfire in the Biz Center but the 800 rep walked me through and all was well. And, yes, upon seeing the pool, regrets that I'd packed my bathing suit in the bag left behind on the bus rather than in my overnighter.

Comp continental breakfast was just that but more than met expectations w/real cup for my tea, dishes, glassware, cutlery for breakfast breads & pastries, cereal, fresh fruit & juice, yogurt. All this in a spacious well appointed dining room w/a variety of seating options, high table/chairs, booths, tables for 2 and 4. The perfect start to a good travel day.

This was the best accommodation of our trip and I will recommend the operator use it again. Far exceeded the Hudson OH property selected for the return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for completing a very thorough review. We certainly appreciate the detail and are very happy that you enjoyed your overnight during your tour. We are proud to be DoubleTree by Hilton which affords us the best of both brands (Great reputation and fabulous cookies!). I hope that you will come again and have a few nights to see the Cleveland sites - this is a great area of the country!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Some boutique snobs will sneer at chain hotels, but if you want a consistent, restful night's sleep I find Hilton/DoubleTree to be the best.

The beds are ridiculously comfortable, and the bathrooms have nice amenities.

I also appreciate the fact that the pool is open until 11:00 so you can have a relaxing swim after dinner if you like, instead of hotels that close theirs around 9-10. The hotel also has a fully equipped business center. My only ping would be the annoying need to re-register each day for the complimentary wifi, however it is a good strong signal.

The staff could not have been nicer - I arrived at my room late at night after coming from Europe so I was quite exhausted. Unfortunately the air conditioner had some loud rattle that would have made it difficult to get to sleep. I called the front desk, and they sent someone up to the room to get my luggage and met me at a new room with a key for me, no need to trudge back to the front desk.

My only caveat would be that there are a lot of weddings and functions there, so I'd suggest a room at a high floor if you are staying on the weekend. Also for some reason this Double Tree full sized hotel often has lower rates than the Hilton Garden in in nearby Highland Heights, so check rates carefully.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank photoguyZurich
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for the time to provide your review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that the hotel met your expectations. Thanks for the reference regarding "bulletproof"! Cleveland is proud to be the "Home to Superman" though, thankfully our quiet suburb doesn't have to worry about bullets!

I am glad that we got your room changed quickly and I am sorry that the first room needed some attention. We try very hard to make things perfect on arrival, but occasionally things happen. We do track the issues and send our maintenance team promptly to correct.

We hope to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Good service, rooms and hotel in general. All the rooms are newly renovated and very nice. Was a full service Hilton hotel before and has all the amenities of full service Hilton. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel here on TripAdvisor. Our entire team works very hard to provide exceptional service and they will be excited to read your review. Thank you for the recommendation and we all look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We picked the hotel because we were in Cleveland for the christening of our twin grandsons. It was convenient to my sons home and the church we were going. We have stayed in the Doubletree Hotels before and were familiar with the quality.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest:

Congratulations on the Christening of your grandsons and thank you for completing this review! We hope that you visit visit your family in the area often and choose the DoubleTree Cleveland East when you do!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel room was a double bed suite that I stayed in with a friend, it was very clean an it looked very nice. my issue with hotel was that none of the suites where equipped with a microwave no fridge and you can only use the Wi-Fi from 7am til12am. I really did not like that an I never heard of a hotel giving you a time limit on WI-FI. other than that the stay was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Robert T, General Manager at DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for completing this review regarding your recent visit to the DoubleTree Cleveland East. We appreciate the feedback and are pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us during your conference.

You mentioned in your review that you were disappointed that the hotel does not offer refrigerators and microwaves. Each of our guest rooms does have a refrigerator located in the credenza where the TV sits, I am sorry that you missed that and were unable to use it. We also have microwaves upon request for a small additional charge.

You also mentioned some issues regarding our internet service. The hotel offers complimentary high speed wireless internet services to all of our guests in the guest room buildings. The service is available 24 hours per day, there is no restrictions placed by the hotel on usage during any hour. The only restriction we have that as each guest signs on it establishes a “lease” on the resources that expires the following day at about 12 noon, simply requiring the guest to sign back in again to use it again until the next day. This process allows us to keep bandwidth resources available to guests in the hotel, but there is no restrictions on the times a guest can use the internet.

I hope that you will choose the DoubleTree Cleveland East for your future accommodation needs!