“everything was delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red The Steakhouse

Red The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Red The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Beachwood
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Chagrin
Description: This is more than a place for a great piece of meat. Critics are buzzing about Red, The Steakhouse. No wonder it ranks within the top 10 best steakhouses in the country according to Esquire and Playboy magazines. Look for creative cuisine a la seafood, poultry, pasta and more by Executive Chef Jonathan Bennett. Outstanding wine selection courtesy of Sommelier Cyrus Davarpanah.
Atlanta, Georgia
“everything was delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

First of all, a warning - this place is difficult to find. We drove around and around the building and never saw a sign. We then called and were told we could walk in the Moxie entrance which is easy to find. The two restaurants share a kitchen.
Ambience is modern cool, we found not too loud as some diners complained. I think noise may be more of an issue in the Moxie dining hall. We could hear nearby conversations - a couple of anniversary celebrations. It was fun and did not bother us.
Service impeccable. My only minor complaint is that the server went on and on about all the specials, the origin and grading of various meats, etc. After a couple of minutes of this, I was impatient to have a chance to look at the menu.
The menu has something for everyone. Many appetizers, salads, steaks, seafood, pastas, and sides to choose from. Much more varied and interesting than a Morton's or Ruth's Chris for example - and better executed in my opinion. The burrata salad was amazing. Steaks were fantastic, tender, juicy with some seared, mildly charred surface. They were done pretty much as described which is towards the rare side compared to usual definitions. I.e., my usual preference for medium rare, here is a medium. They have many sauces and toppings of which we tried the horseradish creme fraiche, which was nice but unnecessary. Risotto of the day was amazing - we had to pack most of it to go. Wines by the glass mostly run about $12-15. Donuts (beignets, essentially) with dipping sauces are the signature dessert.
This is one of the best meals I have had in a long time - and also one of the priciest. Quite expensive by Cleveland standards. I will likely return for a special occasion.

• Visited November 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Solid Steak House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Red was a good overall meal , the service was a little slow and my steak was a bit undercooked I usually do medium , this should be easy , why it's always midrare is beyond me I don't send them back because it's certain death to the steak and overcooking awaits me when it returns, The app selection they had were good , and salads were also very good , I just think at these level of restaurants they need to up the service a little bit. And steaks above all else need to be cooked and presented perfectly .

1 Thank Jason L
McLean, Virginia
“go to steak house”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

went with family to celebrate niece's birthday. good steak, appetizers and great desserts. good location. great atmosphere. great wine list. a little pricey.

Visited October 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Solid but no more”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Out for dinner with colleagues, Red came recommended as a steak house and all in all the impression was good.

The service was good and the quality of the steaks very good. The only quibble would be the speed of service, we waited a long while for our steaks and salmon mains, while other tables around us we served in front of us. It is not cheap but worth a try if you are nearby, I am not certain that I would travel a longer distance (say over 20 minutes’ drive) to get there.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank andybristol12555
Twinsburg, Ohio
“Great Steaks and Drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is one of the few places that serve true prime beef. The meal was perfect. The tuna tartare and steak tartare appetizers were wonderful. Salads were wonderful too. The steak was cooked exactly as I ordered it. My friend got the veal parmesan and it looked like something that would be served for a Fred Flintstone meal -- it must have been two pounds of meat. Our only problem was that after appetizers and salads, there was no room for our meals or side dishes. The noise level was perfect --- loud enough so as you are not sharing your conversation but quiet enough to hear across the table. We had cocktails -- nice sized drinks. We did not try any wine. This is the best steak house in Northeast Oiio.

• Visited August 2013