“Do not stay here”

Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I am a business owner who is working with my crew down in Cleveland, we rented two rooms, crew room was ok, but our first room had mold in it. drove back to front desk, for another room, could not get into room, third trip to office and last room was not any better, Our crew had already set up and we did not want to make them move. so we sucked it up and stayed, Frito and nuts in floor by bed and night stand, mirrors was smeared, used shampoo in the shower, food left in the refrigerator, and so much dust on tv you could draw in it. I have a crew working down here for the next month and will not be sending them back here. The manager only gave us a 20. credit toward the room. What a joke.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank amcclelland

Reviewed December 29, 2010

We chose the Super 8 for it's price and easy access to the highway. We were upgraded to a room with a microwave and fridge for the same price, but were warned that the land line in that room didn't work. Planned on using the cell phone, so it wasn't a problem unless we needed a wake up call. Stayed 5 nights, so met several front desk clerks. Two of them were extremely friendly and helpful, and one just so-so. Felt the room was a good value. Easy to find and the area felt safe to walk to good restaurants or for exercize. Did not try the pool as it was not in our plans.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Clean enough, cheap enough. FABULOUS neighborhood, surrounded by more expensive hotels and medical facilities - I felt very safe. Also down the street from Chagrin Boulevard where you can find wonderful restaurants (about 1.5 miles east) and fill your shopping needs. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2010

When I think of Beachwood, Ohio......I think clean and always up to standards. However, I stayed at a hotel in this city that I know quite well... and It was most disgusting hotel room I have ever stayed in.The room was dusty, dirty and the bathroom was in need of a thorough cleaning. It was so dirty the front desk was called to bring up a sponge and cleanser. yes, the tub and rest of the bathroom got cleaned. I stayed at a different hotel the other night and it was a bit cheaper in an unfamiiar area, it was defintiely a much more pleasant experience. If you are looking for a deal....the room to me was a hassle. I would not want to stay in another room like that ever!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank nyab1
Reviewed September 5, 2009

In fact, it's perfectly fine! A bunch of snobs must've written all of these negative reviews because we've been here for a few days already (and will be here 9 days in total) and it's literally met all our motel needs - of course, it's a Super 8 so you can't expect Marriott-type decor or service, but it's not nearly as "filthy" as people here are saying - and there haven't been ANY bugs at ALL (other than the sweet chirp of cicadas throughout the evenings in the trees behind the building...) - no bedbugs, no cockroaches, nothing of the sort. When we first arrived they *did* have us booked in a smoking room (which was our fault since we'd forgot to request non-smoking) so we had to switch rooms but other than that everything's been perfect. The staff are friendly and personable, there's a decent free breakie in the morning (from 6am 'til 9) serving cereal, bagels and cream cheese, english muffins, danish, juice and coffee... there's free coffee in the lobby throughout the day, free newspapers daily, cable to channel 74 including HBO, free wifi throughout the motel, a coin-operated washer and dryer available for use just off the lobby, a pool that some children have really been enjoying, the bed is super comfy, sheets and blankets are clean and just fine, it's been nice and quiet and perfect with wonderfully working cool AC - given the reviews here I was literally *terrified* to check in to this place but we didn't have a choice since we'd booked it through Hotwire - but really, it's been more fine - it's actually been really, really nice. And my partner's recovering from surgery so the big soft reclining chair has come in handy! Also, we needed a few extra pillows and sheets and they hooked us up right away! Again, it's not a Hilton or Marriott hotel but it's a perfectly FINE motel in a safe neighbourhood and is serving us well during our stay. And hey, it was cheap! Much cheaper than the more expensive hotels in the area. I highly recommend this Motel :-)

Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank scratchedcat
Reviewed May 22, 2009

We had an emergency with our daughter in a local college and had to drive 12 hrs. to get there! Super 8 was nearby...little did we know..it would be the worst night of our lives.
The first room's smoke alarm kept going on (the management ripped it out of the wall) and then offered us another room that smelled like smoke (it was non-smoking room)
Finally, the 3rd room offered to us seemed okay...we were exhausted. At 2:30 AM my husband's work cell phone rang. When he turned on the light...I was shocked to see....yes, you guessed...Bed Bugs! We immediately called the desk and took some to the management. We left immediately after putting all all belongings in plastic bags.
I can't imagine how this place stay s in business.... They did refund our money...Luckily, none of the little creatures came home with us. We were very careful about that. I've had nightmares about the night from hell!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MacLass1
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Got a great deal on this hotel for $49/night but you truly get what you pay for. There were no rooms left on the top floor so I had a room on the ground floor with an exterior corridor (not the safest feeling for a woman travelling alone). I also asked for a quiet room as I was here on business. The first night I had to listen to a party next door til 4 am (it was family reunion). Finally at 3:30 a.m. called front desk to ask them to intervene. I turned on the loud fan in my room to finally drown out the noise and went to sleep. Bed was uncomfortable and sheets felt like sandpaper. Cleaner/Maid took my phone jack for my cell phone and front desk did not even apologize or follow up with me. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Ann0077