“This is a shabby motel in a desirable location.”

Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Michigan
“This is a shabby motel in a desirable location.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

With discounts this Super 8 will provide shelter. Some of the rooms have been improved, but generally the place is shabby and forlorn. The motel quality does not justify the draconian cancellation policy. The front desk staff is particularly unpleasant, and the room keys rarely work. If you can afford someplace else, avoid the crummy unpleasantness of the Beachwood Super Eight.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank 325Eugenie
mili p, Owner at Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We are in the process of renovating all of our rooms, but the process is long, all renovations will be complete by may 2013. Hopefully in the future you can give us another chance and we can give you the quality you are expecting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were charged for staying here after the reservation was cancelled. This hotel is creepy and could be dangerous. We made a reservation online. When we arrived, there were 4 scary looking men sitting in the parking lot near an entrance, a car slowly rolled by us and a man yelled & made obscene gestures, and we saw bugs on the bed when we turned on the light. We went to the desk clerk, he cancelled our reservation and we left. We went down the street to a beautiful hotel. The manager there told us when drunks & unruly people try to check into his hotel, he sends them to Super 8, and it has a reputation for being "seedy" and having bed bugs. The next day, Super 8 charged my credit card and refused to reverse the charge. It took more than one heated phone call with their staff and management to finally get the charge reversed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank explore321
mili p, Manager at Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
This guest was upset because we would not cancel her reservation because she decided she wanted to stay with a friend and save her
Money. Policy is policy. It would be different if it was any other situation but she made the mistake of booking with us when she would rather bunk with her friend. Instead sheade up all lies just to get out of paying. Now a days people come up with all kinds of excuses just to get discounts and money back and than slander our reputation because you made a mistake? How is thistle fault? We checked the room immdeatly when guest combined of " bugs" and nothing was found excepted a trashed room. Looked like the room had served there purpose of cheap sex so then decided we don't need room anymore let's try to get our money back. So because I refuse to give money back for lies you want to slander my place of business which is where my family
Makes it bread and butter. Real classy lady! Do not listen to reviews like this one. Please be your own judge.

Travelers are raving about these Beachwood hotels

Corbin, Kentucky
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I made a reservation online for one night thought it was a good rate. I drove 8 hours to the motel. I was exhausted took a nap then woke up to pubic hair in the sink, toothpaste in the sink. Blood on pillowcases. I called front desk all they said is that the management could refund my money they could not. They made a note of it never offered to switch rooms at all. So the next morning at 8am I went to the front desk discussed the matter with them. They never refunded my money. They said they would give me a 20% discount but they charged my credit card the full amount. There was also no coffee so I say why stay at a place like that. The reason I stayed at super 8 vs. Motel 6 is I had another 8 hours to drive home and I wanted a place where I could get breakfast. That didnt happen. I think this is poor service. I will never stay at a super 8 on the east coast ever again. CA super 8 is not like this at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank beklee
mili p, General Manager at Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
I apologize for the experience you encounted. This is not the way we respond to customer complaints. I'm sure there is a explanation for why we could not handle your complaint in a better manner. However a discount was applied for your inconvinience.
Urbana, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was traveling with my mom and 4 kids. We had made reservations for 2 nights here because of the Wyndham Reward Program. The room was VERY small and the lock/handle didn't work properly. I went to our vehicle to get something at 1:30 in the morning and there was a gang fight in the parking lot. NOT impressed and did NOT feel safe. We checked out first thing in the morning and went to another place. Would NEVER recommend anyone to stay here! When we complained about the fight the next morning, the woman at the front desk didn't really act like she cared. She asked if we would be checking out. Umm, YESSS!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Brandy B
mili p, Manager at Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Guest checked out due to a disturbance in the parking lot. Another room was having a birthday party that ended up being a little late and a argument broke out. So guest's daughter who was at least 21 plus was a little scared when they were located in a completely different building. This property has ground level rooms with outside access to rooms so we can not control the ins and outs of guests. Did apologize to guest upon checkout. Sometimes a birthday party can get out of hand but for the most part its just people having a little fun.
Brooklyn Park, Mn
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This property is like two storage unit buildings. My room was at the back of the property--bordered by a wooded area. It was nice to have parking right outside my room, but I didn't like the large garbage bin there also. There were no maps or directions to let guests know where the ice & vending machines were. Breakfast offerings were cereal (two choices), milk (one kind), toast, waffles, & pastries like the ones from a vending machine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the same building as the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I'm originally from Cleveland but live in Florida for the past 30 yrs. and returned for a family reunion and celebrate fathers 89 birthday. I didnt want to stay with relatives so i booked at the Super 8 for my four day stay. I was pleasantly surprised on how friendly and professional the staff was, from the front desk to the cleaning people. The room was clean and comfortable and everything worked great from the fast wifi to the tv with all the cable channels that i watch back home. The free continental breakfast that is included in the already low price was exceptional with a well maintained breakfast counter of hot coffee, cereals, cinnamon rolls, yougurt and fresh hot Belgium waffles with all the fixins, what a treat. The location was central to everywhere and i can't say enough. I plan on visiting my family, hopefully more often and will definitely stay at this Super 8 again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Booked this room for a last minute weekend getaway to Cleveland. The room was clean and in a nice location with easy access from the highway. Only complaint was that our TV was not working, I called the front desk and was told that they would come right over to look at it and no one ever showed. Front desk staff was pleasant enough. Great place to stay outside of the city for a decent price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple