“Checked out after 1st night!!!”

Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Urbana, Illinois, United States
“Checked out after 1st night!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was traveling with my mom and 4 kids. We had made reservations for 2 nights here because of the Wyndham Reward Program. The room was VERY small and the lock/handle didn't work properly. I went to our vehicle to get something at 1:30 in the morning and there was a gang fight in the parking lot. NOT impressed and did NOT feel safe. We checked out first thing in the morning and went to another place. Would NEVER recommend anyone to stay here! When we complained about the fight the next morning, the woman at the front desk didn't really act like she cared. She asked if we would be checking out. Umm, YESSS!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Brandy B
mili p, Manager at Super 8 Beachwood/Cleveland Area, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Guest checked out due to a disturbance in the parking lot. Another room was having a birthday party that ended up being a little late and a argument broke out. So guest's daughter who was at least 21 plus was a little scared when they were located in a completely different building. This property has ground level rooms with outside access to rooms so we can not control the ins and outs of guests. Did apologize to guest upon checkout. Sometimes a birthday party can get out of hand but for the most part its just people having a little fun.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brooklyn Park, Mn
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This property is like two storage unit buildings. My room was at the back of the property--bordered by a wooded area. It was nice to have parking right outside my room, but I didn't like the large garbage bin there also. There were no maps or directions to let guests know where the ice & vending machines were. Breakfast offerings were cereal (two choices), milk (one kind), toast, waffles, & pastries like the ones from a vending machine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the same building as the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I'm originally from Cleveland but live in Florida for the past 30 yrs. and returned for a family reunion and celebrate fathers 89 birthday. I didnt want to stay with relatives so i booked at the Super 8 for my four day stay. I was pleasantly surprised on how friendly and professional the staff was, from the front desk to the cleaning people. The room was clean and comfortable and everything worked great from the fast wifi to the tv with all the cable channels that i watch back home. The free continental breakfast that is included in the already low price was exceptional with a well maintained breakfast counter of hot coffee, cereals, cinnamon rolls, yougurt and fresh hot Belgium waffles with all the fixins, what a treat. The location was central to everywhere and i can't say enough. I plan on visiting my family, hopefully more often and will definitely stay at this Super 8 again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Booked this room for a last minute weekend getaway to Cleveland. The room was clean and in a nice location with easy access from the highway. Only complaint was that our TV was not working, I called the front desk and was told that they would come right over to look at it and no one ever showed. Front desk staff was pleasant enough. Great place to stay outside of the city for a decent price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vandalia, Ohio
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Room was clean and comfy for the price range. All we needed was a place to sleep overnight and leave the next day and it fit our needs. The bed was comfortable. Room only had one electrical outlet by the bed and was a bit loose, which is typical in older properties. I always carry a three-prong adapter to give me a couple more outlets to use for my c-pap machine and laptop.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I arrived at this hotel at approximately 3AM without a reservation, but I had called earlier in the evening to confirm that rooms were available. When I got to the lobby, I found the doors to be secured from the inside, and my means of communication to be through a security window. That would have been fine, except for the fact the other side of the window was vacant.

Despite repeatedly pushing the call button, and actually calling the property, it took a full fifteen minutes for a groggy, blood-shot eyed attendant to emerge from somewhere within the back office. He apologized and noted that he hadn't been feeling well. After ringing us out twice (the first time with an incorrect price), he gave us our keys and we settled in for the night.

The room was clean and comfortable, and due to my itinerary I was not able to participate in the Super 8 Breakfast, which appeared to be standard fair. Upon checkout, I mentioned our experience to the morning attendant, who let out a soft chuckle and nodded as if to say this wasn't their first complaint about the guy.

At $55 + Tax (after a coupon), it was by far the most affordable port in the storm. I will definitely consider upgrading, however, to one of the numerous surrounding properties when traveling through the area again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business