“Will stay here again”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Lexington Park, Maryland
“Will stay here again”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stayed for four nights. It was a business trip but I took my family with me. The location is convenient, it is close to a Whole Foods and a Trader Joes. This was a great plus as we cooked some of our meals. It is also close to a number of shopping malls. The staff were friendly and helpful, however, some of the house keeping staff can speak limited english thus communication was a bit of a challenge. The room we first checked in did have a faint odor. I could not identify the source, it was a faint urine odor. Once we brought it to the attention of the front desk, they quickly changed our rooms. The second room was what we expected The walls are a little thin in this property. We could hear our neighbors and their kids practicing strings. The room rates includes "free" internet. However, the internet service was mediocre at best. Very slow speed. The indoor pools were comfortably heated. My two kids had a great time in the pool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
upstate ny
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed at Homewood as a family travelling in the Cleveland area for the first time. First the room - FABULOUS! Large suite with separate bedroom for my husband and I and a pullout couch in the living room area for the kids, 2 great tv's, but the best part - the kitchen! full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove, microwave, dishwasher, and all the utensils, glassware, plates, pots/pans you could need if you wanted to cook or serve a takeout meal in your room-very convenient. I cant say enough about the housekeeping staff for the guest rooms at this hotel - they deserve 6 stars - this room was super clean and stayed that way throughout our stay. I also thought the laundry room was top notch with a very clean washer, dryer and folding area for guests who wanted to use it. (it was busy! lots of moms using the laundry room!). the little "store" off the lobby was very helpful to have on premises and had a nice selection of everything from frozen dinners you could microwave in your room, to laundry detergent to even wine and beer. There is also a small room with 2 computers with internet and printing capablities as well for guests use. There are just a couple of areas I think needs attention: what time does the pool open? the hotel literature in the guest rooms say 6 am - 10 pm daily - however when I went down to the pool area with the kids at 8 am the outside door was locked. I went to the front desk and was told it doesnt open until 9 am. when I told the front desk person what the room info said (with my kids standing there in their swimsuits) she told me I must be wrong and in an exasperating way said "I guess I have to open it". She did unlock the outside door, I used my keycard to open the inside door, but when we got in there it was a total mess - old wet towels strewn everywhere. well my kids got in the pool, though I have to say the water just looked "ok", not as clear as other hotels I have stayed at. we then eventually went over to the hot tub, I went over with them to get in with them, turned the switch to turn it on and you could smell it, kind of a stench, or mildewy smell, so we did not go into it. at that point I went over to get towels to dry the kids off, and there weren't any clean towels. thankfully I hadnt gone into the pool so I walked over to the front desk area again and told the woman (who was already exasperated) that there were not any clean towels and could we have a few and she said "thats because it doesnt open until 9 o'clock". that didnt exactly make me feel welcome! (though I am happy to say this was an exception, because the majority of the staff did make us feel welcome). when the woman brought the towels to the pool room, I met her at the door. she said again "sorry it took a few minutes, we dont have the laundry ready this early in the morning (because you guessed it) the pool doesnt open until 9 o clock". (and I double checked when I got back to our room, the hotel info did say the pool opens at 6 am) I am writing this because the staff was helpful and kind in general and the facilities great up to that point that I was surprised! the only other thing I would say needs attention is the breakfast. the attendant working it was very conscientious, it was very clean and well stocked. I think the parent company of homewood needs to upgrade the quality of the food a bit. its clear they are trying to cut corners. we have stayed at other comparable suite hotels and the breakfast food was much better and of a higher quality than this. we are thankful the breakfast is included with the price of the room, but so are other suite hotels in the same price range for a stay. there was only one waffle maker, and with a hotel of this size with many children, a long line formed to use it. the foods that were suppoesd to stay crisp (potato pancakes, hash browns) were put on a steamer table with the couple of other hot foods offered and became very soggy and soft. one morning was waffle sticks, that again because they were covered on a steamer table became very tough and difficult to chew. the fruit salad was just very hard honeydew and cantalope (somewhat unripe) one day, and the next day was that same melon, but this time mixed with canned fruit cocktail in syrup. there were nice touches, like canned whipped cream for the waffles ( a hit with kids) and diced ham, salsa and shredded cheese toppings for the eggs, but the eggs were small rounds of preformed instant type patties. the apple and orange juices were definitely watered down. there was a nice selection of teas however and the room to sit was clean and comfortable, but the attention needs to go to the quality of the food served. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again, but because so much was good, I felt it important to bring to management staff what could be worked on to really make this good family hotel a great one!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank nyyankeegirl2
Forest, Virginia
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This hotel is very clean. The front desk staff was polite, check in was very fast. The room was beautiful. Had a 2 burner stove, full size fridge, dishwasher and cabinet full of dishes, pots & pans. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We got a studio suite at this hotel at a great rate and were welcomed by brand new carpet, a kitchen with hardwood floors, a full-sized refrigerator, and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in. Everything seemed new and extremely clean. The sheets were high quality and the pillows were perfect. We ended our one night stay with a free hot breakfast buffet on the main floor. Wonderful hotel. Will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I stayed here with my young son for 4 nights while visiting family nearby. Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would not hesitate staying here again!

LOCATION: This hotel is conveniently located very close to the highway but far enough away where you don't worry about noise! It's hidden from the main road (Beachwood Blvd) behind PF Changs (yum!) so its a quiet location. There's ample parking. Nearby there are 2 grocery stores (including a Whole Foods), a Starbucks, and a Ruby Tuesdays. Further down Richmond Road in Lyndhurst there are 2 great shopping areas with more dining choices. Across the highway is a Bahama Breeze.

ROOMS: I had a Studio Suite and was surprised how large it was. It had a sleeper sofa, dinette table, kitchenette with a full sized frig, desk area (free high speed Internet was fast), dressing area and a separate toilet/shower room. The bed was comfy, too. I have no complaints about the cleanliness or the comfort of this room!

POOL: The pool is indoors, located on the main floor. It's not terribly large but adequate! It's heated but isn't hot. My son loved it and the hot tub! There were ample pool towels available.

BREAKFAST: The only complaint I have about this hotel is the breakfast. It wasn't very good and they often ran out of things. The free breakfast in the lobby consisted of cold and hot choices. The hot choices (eggs, bacon, hash brown patties for example) changed daily and were a bit disappointing...not fresh and rubbery. On the weekdays they had a waffle maker. They also had an assortment of bagels and muffins and cereals which is what I stuck with. Every day they ran out of something and people were in search of staff to replenish... usually it was simple things like plates, forks, spoons, coffee, and half n half. In addition, the trashcans were always overflowing too. It was as if no staff was in charge of overseeing the breakfast area... which was packed with guests every morning.

STAFF: I found the staff very friendly and kind. Everyone from the cleaning crew to the front desk, they all said hello to me and my son at every encounter.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank stl_locavore
BHomewoodGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
I wanted to personally thank you for the flattering feedback regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Beachwood. We, as a staff, always discuss our TripAdvisor reviews and yours got a round of applause! Our goal is to have a hotel full of helpful, friendly associates that assist in making your stay easy and enjoyable and we are thrilled to hear that we were able to provide just that. Thank you again. Wishing you happy and safe travels!
ontario canada
Reviewed June 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 4 day's on a vacation.I was worried at first that everything we wanted to see would be too long of a drive, but it only took us 15 minutes to get to all the major attractions.
The hotel is great.. food and service was plentifull.Where else can you go and have breakfast and dinner for the price of the hotel.It was nice to be able to get away from the busy city every night.The gym and pool and hot tub area were always well kept.Our room was cleaned and refreshed everyday and the staff was always smiling and ready and willing to help you out in any way from the moment we checked in to asking directions to when we checked out.Thanks to all the staff for helping make our holiday worry free.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
BHomewoodGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Thank you so much for the wonderful review regarding your stay with us in June here at the Homewood Suite by Hilton Cleveland-Beachwood. We review our TripAdvisor feedback every day and we were thrilled to hear such flattering comments. We are always striving to provide a carefree stay where our guests can sit back, relax and make themselves at home and I am so happy to hear you were able to do just that! Thank you again. Wishing you happy and safe travels!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I stayed here for a week while I was in town for business. Since I worked long hours, I didn't have much time to explore, but overall this was a very nice Homewood Suites, what I expect. I thought the fitness room was a step above average with a good choice of equipment and comfortable area. I would rate the manager reception a little below average. They ran out of beer one night (although they did bring some in) and the wine was in carafes (I prefer to know what I'm drinking). THe food served was so-so, I've had better at other Homewood Suites, but it's free. The breakfast was better on the weekdays (I usually get oatmeal when I travel and some days it was lumpy and really pretty bad, but other days it was good). My colleagues were not impressed with some of the hot choices (a meat & potato patty-type thing), preformed egg patties, etc. There's a Whole Foods close by, so it was nice to be able to get some healthy, prepared food choices.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank djr
BHomewoodGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, June 8, 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to share your experience during your most recent stay with us here at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Cleveland-Beachwood. Your feedback regarding your experiences with our Welcome Home Reception and Suite Start Breakfast is especially important as we consider both options amenities that set us apart as a brand and as a property. We look forward to improving upon the areas that you may have found less impressive and I truly hope that you allow us the opportunity to serve you even better the next time you are in the Cleveland area. Thank you again and safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beachwood
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
#3 of 15 in Beachwood
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood

Been to Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood? Share your experiences!