“Wonderful service-Comfortable and roomy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood

Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Milwaukee, WI
“Wonderful service-Comfortable and roomy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2010

we were approx 20 people at the hotel for the weekend for a family affair. We all were extremely impressed with the service. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. The rooms (we stayed in the two-bedroom suite) were great.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank marceleh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

You are probably wondering about what I mean. Well I will get right to the point as to why I am writing a review when many times I opt out. The hotel is new and the rooms are very comfortable for a family. I will get to more details later. But the reason I am making a point of writing is the unbelievable way we were treated. We booked for two nights and on our second day we were out for several hours. I had called to remind them not to forget to tell housekeeping to clean our rooms since we were going out. However, when we returned at six p.m. the rooms had not been cleaned. Of course we were extremely upset and aggravated, who wouldn't be? The woman at the front desk was very sorry, but there was nothing she could do since housekeeping had gone home, the manager had gone home, etc. We suggested giving us another room which would be clean. She agreed and we moved down the hall. Yes, a pain since we had only come for two nights and already had to pack, etc. I had every intention of making a big deal of it the next day (when we were scheduled to check out), but after a good night's rest and rethinking my husband and I decided not to make a big deal , in fact not to even say anything. After all times are hard for everyone and who wants someone to get into trouble for it?? or to have their job jeopardized? We didn't want to say anything. Well, I went to check us out and Linda at the front desk , when she saw which room I was checking out of, immediately apologized for the mistake and insisted on refunding us for the night's stay! I have been to plenty hotels worldwide and never has an employee insisted on refunding me for anything if I did not first mention it or complain. To the contrary, when she apologized, I said, it's o.k. my husband and I do not want anyone to get into trouble, it 's fine. Then she said well I can readjust your bill. So I said , "thank you that would be very considerate." We just came home and are still amazed by this. Homewood suites is a Hilton and they do claim for excellent service. In my book, they delivered. The hotel is new and clean. There is an indoor pool which we did enjoy , however, I would like it to be warmer, especially in the freezing cold of Cleveland. Even my teenager who is usually not cold was a bit uncomfortable in the water. They serve a free breakfast and free supper during the week , although we did not eat there at all, that is certainly good. The suites are roomy for a family of 5 . There are two tv's although no Disney channel, but my kids survived w/o it for two days. Everyone we came into contact with was very cordial and kind. Kudos to Linda for handling our situation with so much sensitivity and professionalism. We are really impressed and would definitely return again!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank trakme7
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

Not much more I can add to the other reviews, but my stay was noting but positive. The hotel is 1.5 years old, looks amazing, very clean, fully equipped for long term stays. Staff was friendly and helpful, especially the blonde lady who was working on the weekend we were there. Loved all the extra space that a suite provides, and the price was very reasonable for what we got. Breakfast was adequate -nothing special but hot and area was kept clean. Computer and small store, free laundry, it was a very nice stay. Close to Legacy Village, Beachwood Mall and a ton of restaurants
The only negatives that I can think of are the windows don't open and I wish these long-stay hotels would not have full-size refrigerators. Nobody needs a fridge that big and it's a waste of electricity

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lolabarney
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

We've visited the east side of Cleveland quite often and have literally stayed at almost all the hotels off I-271 Chagrin Blvd exit. This by far is the best hotel in this location! I would not stay anywhere else in Beachwood.

Rooms are huge and spacious. We had a two room suite - kitchen and living room with flat-screen TV in one room, two double beds and bathroom with another flat-screen TV in other. Desks in both rooms. Free wi-fi. Free breakfast and happy hour offerings. Lots of parking. It's down a quiet side road where it's the only hotel amongst office buildings, so it's definitely quiet - as compared to the other road with all the hotels and restaurants.

We are quite pleased with finding this place and will definitely stay here next time we are in Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2009

We spent the weekend in Beachwood for a celebration nearby in Pepper Pike. The Homewood Suites was clean and bright, literally sparkling. The location was ideal, a minute or two from I-271 and convenient to Shaker Heights, University Heights, etc. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was perfect. Breakfast was typical Homewood Suites but more than adequate. The fireplace in the lobby provides a cozy place to sit and catch up. And we paid $84.00 per night for a room with a king bed, pull out couch and kitchen. You just can't beat it!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

We traveled with our young daughter - 6 months old - and wanted a place that had a separate bedroom and kitchen area. This was a great room - updated with plenty of space. This was our first Homewood Suites and by far the best one we've stayed in.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

Pricier than most hotels, but worth it. We have two young children and rented a suite so that each could have his own (queen-size) bed, in addition to our king. The children had never seen a suite with three (3) flat panel TV's in it. Kitchenette was available and even had pots and pans (although we didn't cook in the room). Free high-speed internet was appreciated. The swimming pool was nice and fairly large - kids used it some every day. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome. Breakfast was served in the lobby and varied from day to day.
The hotel is on the east side of Cleveland. We used it as a base to go to the R & R Hall of Fame, Great Lakes Science Center, and Cedar Point. (It's a haul to Sandusky, but was a nice day trip.) There's an easy 9-hole 3-par golf course not far away at Shawnee Hills, in addition to their 18-hole championship course. There are some nice dining opportunities in the area - we enjoyed Yours Truly (small, but love the sweet potato fries), Mitchell's Fish Market (very nice), and a late-night pizza at the California Pizza Kitchen in an outdoor shopping center just north of the hotel (also has an Apple Computer store there - one of the few stores where our kids are eager to shop).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family