“Not Consistent with Other Homewood Suites” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood

Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
“Not Consistent with Other Homewood Suites”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

If you have stayed at Homewood Suites, you come to expect a certain consistency with the property and amenities. This is not the case with this property. Room was dated, awful bed, wallpaper peeling off wall, small TV and room did not have fresh smell that most Homewood Suites have. Used points so maybe was given an old dumpy room as opposed to paying customer

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Richk99,

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide thoughtful feedback about our hotel. We take guest comments very seriously as they are the basis for improving our hotel and service level.

I’m very sorry to see that you had some imperfections in your stay and I want to let you know that we’re going to address all of these issues with our staff. We’ll also review our room inspection procedures with our housekeeping staff. Under no circumstances do we feel that it is acceptable for any of our rooms not to be perfect for every guest. In the future we expect rooms to be taken out of order for maintenance issues if necessary.

Once again, thanks so much for bringing these important issues to my attention, and I hope you’ll reconsider your option to stay somewhere else in the future.

Alisha Koby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Marion, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Free hot breakfast and a great meal every evening Mon-Thurs.Area is filled with great restaurants and shops.Winks Bar and Grill is across the road and they have numerous drafts selections.Short distance from downtown Cleveland.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear David P,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to send some flattering comments our way. I’m going to forward this right over to our kitchen staff to let them know how great they’re doing. The Homewood breakfast and dinner reception are probably two of my favorite value adds, so I’m glad you enjoyed them too! I hope you come back again soon!

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood. The main reason I chose this hotel is because it's pet friendly, but it also comes with so much more at such a great rate! They were able to accommodate my request for a lower level King Studio Suite (they gave me ground level which was perfect - easier with the dogs) and when I unexpectedly had to stay an extra night, they were able to keep me in the same suite even though they were sold out! The suite is so spacious, super clean and very modern with a nice layout. I love the full kitchen and how it is stocked with everything you would need like plates, glasses, utensils, pots and even dish detergent and paper towels! The bathroom is roomy, the step in shower is huge and there is ample space around the vanity area! There is extra of everything: towels, toilet paper, toiletries etc. The TV has a wide variety of most watched channels and the WiFi connection is great! The bed and pillows are so comfortable, the couch is cozy and the extra throw blankets are a nice bonus. The property is well landscaped and the area is great for taking the dogs out to stretch their legs and do their business. They even have pet waste pick up stations with doggy poop bags and garbages (Note to all travelers with dogs - PLEASE take advantage of these waste stations and pick up after your dog. Don't ruin it for other dog owners by not picking up after your dog. I'd hate for such a nice hotel to change their pet policy because irresponsible dog owners do not pick up after their dogs!). All the employees were friendly, helpful and courteous. I'm definitely staying here again next time I'm in the area and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone else going to the Cleveland/Beachwood area. Thanks for providing such a wonderful place for me and my dogs during our trip!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Judith L,

I can’t tell you how nice it was to see your glowing review about our hotel. I wanted to personally thank you for the kind words you had to say about our hotel. Our staff prides themselves in providing a clean, comfortable and overall enjoyable experience. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our pet friendly amenities. We really enjoy having pets at our property.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here 2x in less than a week due to change in travel plans. The hotel is a very nice, modern, comfortable property with excellent customer service. The rooms we had were ample sized, well stocked with great amenities. The kitchen area was good, the full sized refrigerator is a nice touch, micro, dishwasher & 2 table top burner which is probably fine for this type of location but I would prefer full oven if I was staying longer term (week or more). The bed was very comfortable with soft sheets. The pool & hot tub were clean, good temperature & nice size. The internet in the room was a good speed with no drops & easy to connect. The breakfast area is not bad for free, but both times they were out of some items & tables were slowed to be cleared of other people's mess. There are 2 elevator locations but they can be slow at times - if you're on a lower floor, the stairs may be quicker. There is not much close by - PF Changs is down the street & Hyde Steakhouse across from it, but basically you have to drive somewhere to get something to eat. Overall it is good place, especially for a short term stay - right off the interstate & about 20 minutes to d/t Cleveland. You won't regret the decision to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan N
Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Alan N,

I was, however, disappointed to hear that you experienced some imperfections in your stay. Homewood Suites is very particular about providing a comfortable environment to all guests. We will be addressing the issues with breakfast to make sure our guests never have to wait for food. We hope you will come back to give us another try.

Kingsville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I always try to stay at Homewood Suites when traveling through the Cleveland area . I love the location , the customer service is exceptional and the rooms are wonderful.

On a recent trip I had a very early morning flight to catch and left behind my very expensive Sonicare toothbrush , worth a few hundred $$$$.
I have lost things before over the years and the usual response is that they will contact me if they find it , and of course you never hear from them again.

Well the lady at the front desk assured me that she would look carefully for my item and would talk to the housekeepers and contact me if my item was found. The next day I was pleasantly surprised to hear from her that my item was found and she would gladly ship it to me.

Thank you Homewood Suites staff , you have again once exceeded all expectations , and of course I will come back and recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Lindmar,

I can’t tell you how nice it was to see your glowing review about our hotel. The staff will certainly appreciate your comments about their friendly demeanor and I am glad that we were able to get your items back to you in a timely manner. Feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding, and we do hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Beachwood area!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I travel every month to this hotel on business. This location exudes customer service. While in town, I'm always looking to try new places for dinner and entertainment. Angela at the front desk has put together an amazing list with suggestions of places and things to do. The staff has been wonderful trying to make my stay comfortable and effortless.

The Breakfast Bar and Evening Dinner selection offers a great option rather than going out for meals. Having to work many a late nights, this is appreciated.

The rooms are nice and have been quiet on each of the floors I have stayed during each visit. The work-out room and pool are an extra bonus.

I would highly recommend this location to anyone looking for an affordable hotel with the luxury of great service!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Craig S,

I can’t tell you how nice it was to see your glowing review about our hotel. The staff will certainly appreciate your comments about their friendly demeanor and I know they truly enjoy chatting with the guests and meeting new people. I will let Angela know that her effort in doing the restaurant list has been beneficial for you and I am sure our other guests also. I am glad that you are able to enjoy our breakfast and dinner selections. Feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding, and we do hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Beachwood area!

Erie, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I decided to go on a quick mini vacation for our kids (7,4,2,2). We decided to go to a hotel to swim. We arrived at check in at 3 went to the room unpacked and was in the pool by 4ish. We swam until 5:30 then went to the room for dinner. We got a room with a refrigerator so we could bring sandwiches from home. when done we went back down to the pool until 8 then back to the room for bed. In the morning we had a great breakfast with yogurt, eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, oatmeal and a lot more. Each of my kids got to pick their favorite foods for breakfast. When done we went back to the room packed our bags then went back to the pool till 10:30 then changed and left. It was the perfect mini vacation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Brianne S,

I wanted to personally thank you for the kind words you had to say about our hotel. Our staff prides themselves in providing a clean, comfortable and overall enjoyable experience. I am glad that you and your family were able to take full advantage of our pool area and that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast buffet. We hope you come back again for another mini vacation soon.

All the Best,

Alisha Koby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beachwood
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
#3 of 15 in Beachwood
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood
Hotel Indigo Cleveland-Beachwood
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood

Been to Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood? Share your experiences!