“Wonderful Stay”

Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, with a luxurious feel and a top-notch pool, fitness center, and lobby. The breakfast was also the best I've EVER experienced in a hotel. Seriously. The only suggestions I have are: some of the furniture, and possibly the mattress, need updating--especially at the price of the room per night. The room, however, was spotless clean, and very well stocked with coffee, tea, toiletries, etc. You can tell that the management of this hotel really do care about the guest experience. Overall wonderful stay and very highly recommended!

1  Thank Mark D
Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Mark D,

I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to send some flattering comments our way.
Thanks for the great review. I’ll let the staff know that you noticed their efforts. I’m sure they’ll be excited to hear the feedback. They work very hard to make sure no detail is overlooked. Please come back and visit us again sometime, we’d love to see you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was a great surprise our first stay at Homewood Suites. Good prize, excellent suite, clean and quite. The location also was perfect for us. We live in Santiago Chile and my son is fellow at Cleveland Clinic and we visit him twice a year. It was fantastic then to stay in this so attractive hotel.

3  Thank Schuster_md
Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Schuster_Md,

I wanted to personally thank you for the kind words you had to say about our hotel. Our staff prides themselves in providing a clean, comfortable and overall enjoyable experience. It is our goal to have repeat guests and we are so happy that you will be back. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Recently stayed at this property for 3 days while attending a family function and reunion. Conclusion: This property is very nice. The rooms are large and roomy,with a dishwasher, fridge and stove, sink and microwave also included in the room. Overall, the rooms are very clean and well stocked (soap, shampoo, towels), with the bedding and linens very, very comfortable and fresh. Free parking and Internet is a big plus too (note: the Internet is easy to hook up to and very fast). In addition, the free breakfast is also very good in both quantity and quality. There is a small store in the main lobby available for snacks, personal items and drinks (beer and wine is available too). Also to note, the in-door pool is warm and clean, and the entire staff is very friendly and always willing to assist (the check-in was a breeze). The location is also very central to all of Cleveland's attractions and sites . And the room prices are very reasonable (recommendation: book your room through the hotel's Web site). Would highly recommend this hotel. Management should be very proud of their property and staff.

Room Tip: Any room or floor is good (our group had 6 rooms on various floors, with no one having any issues).
3  Thank teddybee1
Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear teddybee1,

I wanted to personally thank you for the kind words you had to say about our hotel. Our staff prides themselves in providing a clean, comfortable and overall enjoyable experience. I am glad to see that our hotels location was good for your traveling needs. Feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding, and we do hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Beachwood area!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had a problem with clean cleanliness at this hotel before. I have stayed at other Homewood Suites and have had NO problems. This one SUCKS. The final straw...BED BUGS!!!! When I was there a few years ago, we pulled out the sofa bed, and there was food for five in the bed. DISGUSTING!!!! I don't think it had ever been cleaned. But thought I would give the hotel another try. I was told I would have the "2" room suite, the one with 2 tv's and a door separating the rooms with a door, and a bathtub. I am a Hilton Honors member..they could have cared less. They said my room wa the last room avaiilable. We checked in at 4ish, so I found that hard to believe. At 4a.m. when I found the BED BUGS (in bed and crawling on me) I went to the desk, and they said I could have another room. Strange, I thought, since they told me I had the last available room.....We checked out at 8am., and drove around until we could check in somewhere else.

4  Thank Sheila D
GMBeachwood, Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Sheila D. -

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. Our guests comments, both positive and negative assist us in evaluating the service we provide and allow us to continually improve our performance. We are quite concerned whenever our guests are less than 100 percent satisfied with their stay and always try to make it right when a problem arises. Clearly your stay was not up to the standards we have set for ourselves, nor what our guests have come to expect.

Regarding the bed bugs, this is not an issue that has been a recurring problem at our hotel. Although a growing problem nationwide, we have been very active in training our team to identify any potential problems and engaging a pest control company with both proactive preventive steps and immediate investigations into any suspected problems. As with your suite, we immediately take any room out of service that could pose a potential issue and complete a thorough inspection and should it be necessary, treatment program.

I do apologize also that we did not deal with your issues in a manner that you felt was acceptable. I understand that our guest service manager did remove the charges for the night of your stay and issued a "be my guest" certificate for two complimentary nights in the future at a Hilton hotel. I will be in contact with you this week to see what else we might be able to do to regain your trust as our guest.

Thank you again for your comments and be assured that our guests' satisfaction is our most important goal.

Thomas Rousher
District Director

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were supposed to get a two bedroom suite but they had someone else still needing to stay in that room do to a house fire. They put us up in adjoining rooms that gave us plenty of room. The rooms were huge, breakfast was good. Everyone very nice and the hotel was very clean. The front desk even called the first night we arrived and brought me a cup of milk for my little boy so we didn't have to go shopping until morning.

2  Thank Liz M
Alisha K, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Liz M.,

I can’t tell you how nice it was to see your glowing review about our hotel. The staff will certainly appreciate your comments about their friendly demeanor and tasty breakfast offerings, I know they are all extremely passionate about going above and beyond for our guests. I am happy to hear that given the circumstances your new accommodations made you and your family feel at home. Feedback such as yours is what makes our job rewarding, and we do hope you’ll come back again when your travels bring you to the Cleveland, OH area.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

In general, nice location, very clean. Mattresses could be a little better. Have a dog barking next to me but it wasn't too bad. Free breakfast was convenient however not that tasty. In addition, if you weren't there early enough, you may not get the Benefit of entire breakfast or orange juice. Staff tried to keep up. They offer Takeaway boxes which may be a mistake as people took more than enough food Without consideration of others. I consider this the clientele rather than the hotels issue. Front desk staff was excellent. Never had a chance to go to the pool. Business computers were available. Free Wi-Fi was convenient and not too bad. I do plan on staying there again. I guess I'll get up earlier for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Pat P

Dear Pat P.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such thoughtful feedback about our hotel. We take guest comments very seriously as they are the basis for improving our hotel and service level. It was a pleasure to hear that our front desk staff was extremely accommodating for you during your stay. Our staff members pride themselves on delivering exceptional guest service and a home away from home for our guests.

I am sorry to hear however that you experienced some imperfections with our breakfast offerings. Since your stay I want you to know that we have addressed the lack of food issues with our staff and have come up with a resolution that we feel will benefit our guests breakfast experience moving forward. Our to-go boxes that we were offering have since been discontinued however there will still be plenty of grab-n-go items available (yogurt, bagels, fruit, toast etc.) for guests wishing to eat on the run. This will allow our guests to enjoy our full variety of breakfast items, hot and cold alike, without having to wait for food to be replenished so frequently.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

A+ All expectations were exceeded. I would not normally take time to rate but this place is a God send for us. Had appointments all week at Cleveland Clinic and this is just an oasis. This was the only place we could find with a full kithen AND a pool/hotub for the kids. Whole place is spotless, pool nice temperature and clean not over chlorinated. Also it is ada accessable as is the hot tub with modern, well maintained equipement. I cannot write enough good things about the staff, when we arrived we needed some extra roll away beds and a few other things and they got on it immediately and were very sweet and hospitable with multiple employees working to make us comfortable. We stayed a week and a half and the meals served Monday through Thusday were not out of the park but for a meal included in the price of stay they had alot to offer every night with a full salad bar and a hot dish. And the service again at dinner makes it so relaxing. I seriously could go on but overall you get the picture. I would give this place a 6 if it let me.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank mcmjrty

Dear mcmjrty,

I appreciate you taking time out of your day to send some flattering comments our way. The Homewood Welcome Home Reception we offer Mon-Thurs is one of my favorite amenties that our brand offers and I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy it. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed all of our other amenities our hotel has to offer. Our staff was extremely excited to hear how much their hard work and attention to deal pays off for our guests by your review, your extremely kind words make being in the hospitality industry so worthwhile. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future! Thank you for choosing us as your new home away from home!