“Great, comfortable suite hotel.”

Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great, comfortable suite hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The room was comfortable and quiet. The only negatives were my room had an unusual smell maybe mold, not clean like the Hiltons i have stayed in and the breakfast items (eggs, potaotes)were lukewarm to cool. The staff was awesome and helpful, the room amenties were fine. Loved the fireplace in the lobby. Two TV's in the dining area, on different channels with volume up was a bit annoying. The coffee offered in the rooms could be better. The microwave popcorn in the room was a nice treat.

Room Tip: Elevator bell loud, so i would choose a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMBeachwood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear DebbieR-

It is great that you have taken the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm pleased to hear that you had a nice stay and enjoyed your suite. It's alosio great to get your feedback and some suggestions on improvement. We're always looking for ways to make things better and our guets usually know better than we do what works best. The mold smell that you noted is very concerneing and we are investigating where that may have come from. Since we do offer full kithens in all of our suites, we occasioanlly discover a lingering odor that needs our attention. I'm sorry you found it before we did, but we're on it and again, we certainly appreciate the heads up. We're on it.

We look forward to seeing you again soon -

Tom Rousher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently stayed at Homewood Suites in Beachwood, OH. Overall, I enjoyed my stay however, there were a couple of issues. The eggs served at breakfast tasted processed and were a little watery, the coffee offered in the suites tasted watered down no matter the amount of water I put in the coffee pot, and when I requested a couple of items from housekeeping, the housekeeper just entered my room after two knocks. Despite these issues, I would definitely stay at Homewood Suites again. The front desk staff was very friendly and professional and the overall hotel accomodations were clean and neat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBeachwood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Ms. Griffin-

Thanks for staying with us again - we'll be looking forward to seeing you again soon. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our team to be helpful and friendly. I'll be sure to pass along your comments and let our housekeepers know they did a good job with their rooms. We'll also work a little harder to make sure the eggs are perfect next time. Unfortunately, we can't change the coffee in the rooms right away, since the belnd is determined by Homewood Suites. But since we do have full size breweres in each room, they will accommodate a regular coffee filter and ground coffee. We even offer a complimentary shopping service and would be happy to pick up your favorite blend for you - We also have 3 blends of complimentary coffee available in the lobby 24 hours a day.

Thanks again for your comments and we'll look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards:

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good place to stay. Great beds, large rooms with all facilities and friendly staff. Breakfast, diner and drinks during diner were included. Location is rather remote but there are good restaurants close by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear hoofm-

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our guests love that everything is included, even our high speed intetnet. We are tucked away behind PF Changs off of Chagrin Blvd, but we like to think of it as our quiet, cozy corner. The other thing that's inclded that you may know have been aware of is shuttle service. Next time we will be happy to take you where you need to go within a 5 mile radius. That includes great shopping, restaurants and attractions.

See you again soon.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels but lately have had issues with moldy smelling rooms.....

This is a very nice hotel with a nice lobby and eating area. The front desk staff is very nice. I love the rooms here. But the last few times I have been here, I have noticed the shower doors are not being properly cleaned. These are glass doors and I know it is not an easy thing to clean but they must be cleaned each time. During one visit, there was so much mold caked on the shower door, it was peeling off. I had someone come up to clean the doors during that stay. It has not been that bad since, but the doors are still visibly dirty with soap scum and the smell of mold was a little overwhelimg during my last stay. I really want to continue to stay at this hotel because I really like this place, but this does need to be addressed once and for all. I would normally give this hotel a very good or even excellent rating, but maybe since this seems to be a continuous problem, it should be a poor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GMBeachwood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Ima-Homesick-

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met.

I was disappointed to read from your review that you found your bathroom to be dirty and I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that I may follow-up with our housekeeping staff. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected.

I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Have a Great Week-

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Homewood Suites Beachwood - FANTASTIC. 5 Stars!
Staff was extremely pleasant and willing & able to help.
Food was great! Great variety of foods to chose from for breakfast (eggs, pancakes, waffles) and dinner was even better! Homecooked, hot meals.
Gym was the perfect size to get in your exercise and the pool was kept very well. Never crowded.
I would definitely stay here again!

Dear Joann B-

Thank you again for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and it's great to hear that we were your home away from home. We try hard to make our meals appealing to everyone and develop menus with enough variety to make sure there is always something new and interesting. But as your discovered, it's our great team that makes the difference, and they love to make sure our guests are happy.

We hope you will have the chance to stay with us again in the future. Thanks again for choosing our hotel.

Silver Spring,MD., United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Homewoodsuites in Beachwood Ohio. We have stayed there several times because it is very comfortable and the staff are always friendly helpful . if anything is needed they make sure you have it., and it's conviently located off the express way. to whever you want to go. We will always go to a Homewood Suite affiliated Hotel and recommend it to all our family and friends.

Room Tip: All rooms in Homesuite are excellent .and very clean and spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBeachwood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hi Nelson 1-

We're happy to hear that you have enjoyed tour stays at our hotel and become a repeat guest. Our goal is 100 % guest staisfaction and we love to hear that we have a guest that comes back over and over.

Thanks for noting our great location. We are just off of 271 in Beachwood, in a quiet business park, but close to great restaurants, shopping and Cleveland's great medical care at both University Hospitals and Cleveland Clinic.

Thanks again and we'll see you again soon.

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel during an extended project for the past 1 1/2 years - when I'm in Beachwood, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. The amenities and the staff are excellent. If there is ever a problem (a rare occurrence indeed), it is handled quickly and professionally. A great hotel for business and families!

1 Thank R0adWarri0r13
Dear R0adWarri0r13:

Thanks for the great feedback. We were designed for extended stay guests and we love to hear that we have become someone's home away from home. Our team loves to make sure our extended stay guests have a great experience and we really try our best to make our hotel feel like home.

Thanks again and we look forward to many more visits.

Tom Rousher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beachwood
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
#3 of 15 in Beachwood
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood
Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood
Hotel Indigo Cleveland-Beachwood
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village

Been to Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood? Share your experiences!