“Fabulous And Great”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Fontana, California
“Fabulous And Great”
Reviewed May 19, 2011

This Hotel is incredible. The staff was extremely polite and friendly. Two of your employees, Mr. Charles Smith and Erica Howell, were very impressive in their customer service, friendliness, and willingness to go the extra mile to assure customer satisfaction. I strongly suggest a promotion and big raise for these two wonderful people. They both have very wonderful, kind spirits. They are simply the best.

We loved the suite! It was like a home away from home. I will definitely tell all of my friends to stay at your hotel when they are in the area. When I come back to Cleveland I know where I will stay.
Nick Smith, Annette Mack Smith and Betty Smith

Room Tip: My tip is to stay at the Homewood Suites Beachwood
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank keyman88
GMBeachwood, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Thanks for the great review !

We appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know how your stay at our hotel went. We are always looking for ways to improve and it's great to hear from our guests. I will certainly pass your kind words on to Charles and Erica. We think they're awesome as well !

We look forward to seeing repeat guests and I hope the next time that you are passing through Cleveland you will stay with us again. Have a great summer !

Tom Rousher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Newport, Kentucky
Reviewed March 23, 2011

What a great hotel! Clean, comfortable, and surprisingly quiet. Everything was lovely. I truly felt at home. I arrived on a Thursday, so I was able to take advantage of the evening meal and drinks. How nice!!! The front desk staff was great. There was always cookies and coffee available in the evenings. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful. Lots of variety and very tasty. My room was super clean and comfortable. Felt like an apartment instead of a hotel room. I had everything I needed. Full kitchen, dining table, couch, and a work desk for my laptop. The bed was plush and I slept great. I didn't get to use the pool or fitness center, but they looked very nice. Because of my experience at this hotel, I booked a room at the Homewood Suites in Chicago for a trip I am taking in May. I look forward to a comfortable stay there as I am sure the quality will be just the same.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Lisa M
GMWayne, General Manager at Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Dear LindaDiva-

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to hearing from our guests and look forward to their comments to help us improve what we do.

It's great to hear that you had such a nice time during your stay at our hotel. Our teaam works hard to make sure that every guest feels at home at our Homewood Suites and I'm pleased to hear that we did a good job while you were here.

Enjoy your trip to Chicago and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Tom Rousher
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed at Homewood Suites beachwood last October to November for a busines trip. It was really like a second home to me for it provided all the things that I needed including kitchen. Plus the ammenities are good and the staff are really nice and accomodating. I have to mention Lindat, the front desk staff. She is really the sweetest and made me feel at home. I will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
MenemshaSunset
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We've been going to visit my in-laws for 40 years and tried every hotel in the Beachwood area-
This was absolutely the very best- Large, well equipped rooms- We had a 2 bedroom to share with our daughter and her husband- Big living room/kitchen separated our rooms to give us privacy- Each room had it's own flat screen tv- desk- free internet - great prices- wonderful employees- and really, really comfortable beds! All in all a fantastic experience. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel was very clean and the room was very comfortable. The room made us feel like we were staying at a friends condo. Although the kids shared a pull out bed, there were no complaints.

The pool was nice but very busy on the weekend and there was a very nice workout room.

There was a shopping village with restaurants within a couple of miles where we ate and it had free concerts on the weekend which was a nice bonus we enjoyed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank stl_reh
Lexington Park, Maryland
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stayed for four nights. It was a business trip but I took my family with me. The location is convenient, it is close to a Whole Foods and a Trader Joes. This was a great plus as we cooked some of our meals. It is also close to a number of shopping malls. The staff were friendly and helpful, however, some of the house keeping staff can speak limited english thus communication was a bit of a challenge. The room we first checked in did have a faint odor. I could not identify the source, it was a faint urine odor. Once we brought it to the attention of the front desk, they quickly changed our rooms. The second room was what we expected The walls are a little thin in this property. We could hear our neighbors and their kids practicing strings. The room rates includes "free" internet. However, the internet service was mediocre at best. Very slow speed. The indoor pools were comfortably heated. My two kids had a great time in the pool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
upstate ny
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed at Homewood as a family travelling in the Cleveland area for the first time. First the room - FABULOUS! Large suite with separate bedroom for my husband and I and a pullout couch in the living room area for the kids, 2 great tv's, but the best part - the kitchen! full size refrigerator, 2 burner stove, microwave, dishwasher, and all the utensils, glassware, plates, pots/pans you could need if you wanted to cook or serve a takeout meal in your room-very convenient. I cant say enough about the housekeeping staff for the guest rooms at this hotel - they deserve 6 stars - this room was super clean and stayed that way throughout our stay. I also thought the laundry room was top notch with a very clean washer, dryer and folding area for guests who wanted to use it. (it was busy! lots of moms using the laundry room!). the little "store" off the lobby was very helpful to have on premises and had a nice selection of everything from frozen dinners you could microwave in your room, to laundry detergent to even wine and beer. There is also a small room with 2 computers with internet and printing capablities as well for guests use. There are just a couple of areas I think needs attention: what time does the pool open? the hotel literature in the guest rooms say 6 am - 10 pm daily - however when I went down to the pool area with the kids at 8 am the outside door was locked. I went to the front desk and was told it doesnt open until 9 am. when I told the front desk person what the room info said (with my kids standing there in their swimsuits) she told me I must be wrong and in an exasperating way said "I guess I have to open it". She did unlock the outside door, I used my keycard to open the inside door, but when we got in there it was a total mess - old wet towels strewn everywhere. well my kids got in the pool, though I have to say the water just looked "ok", not as clear as other hotels I have stayed at. we then eventually went over to the hot tub, I went over with them to get in with them, turned the switch to turn it on and you could smell it, kind of a stench, or mildewy smell, so we did not go into it. at that point I went over to get towels to dry the kids off, and there weren't any clean towels. thankfully I hadnt gone into the pool so I walked over to the front desk area again and told the woman (who was already exasperated) that there were not any clean towels and could we have a few and she said "thats because it doesnt open until 9 o'clock". that didnt exactly make me feel welcome! (though I am happy to say this was an exception, because the majority of the staff did make us feel welcome). when the woman brought the towels to the pool room, I met her at the door. she said again "sorry it took a few minutes, we dont have the laundry ready this early in the morning (because you guessed it) the pool doesnt open until 9 o clock". (and I double checked when I got back to our room, the hotel info did say the pool opens at 6 am) I am writing this because the staff was helpful and kind in general and the facilities great up to that point that I was surprised! the only other thing I would say needs attention is the breakfast. the attendant working it was very conscientious, it was very clean and well stocked. I think the parent company of homewood needs to upgrade the quality of the food a bit. its clear they are trying to cut corners. we have stayed at other comparable suite hotels and the breakfast food was much better and of a higher quality than this. we are thankful the breakfast is included with the price of the room, but so are other suite hotels in the same price range for a stay. there was only one waffle maker, and with a hotel of this size with many children, a long line formed to use it. the foods that were suppoesd to stay crisp (potato pancakes, hash browns) were put on a steamer table with the couple of other hot foods offered and became very soggy and soft. one morning was waffle sticks, that again because they were covered on a steamer table became very tough and difficult to chew. the fruit salad was just very hard honeydew and cantalope (somewhat unripe) one day, and the next day was that same melon, but this time mixed with canned fruit cocktail in syrup. there were nice touches, like canned whipped cream for the waffles ( a hit with kids) and diced ham, salsa and shredded cheese toppings for the eggs, but the eggs were small rounds of preformed instant type patties. the apple and orange juices were definitely watered down. there was a nice selection of teas however and the room to sit was clean and comfortable, but the attention needs to go to the quality of the food served. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again, but because so much was good, I felt it important to bring to management staff what could be worked on to really make this good family hotel a great one!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank nyyankeegirl2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beachwood
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
#3 of 15 in Beachwood
Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
DoubleTree Cleveland East/Beachwood
Residence Inn Cleveland Beachwood

Been to Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood? Share your experiences!