“Too Many Kids”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stay at this property as often as we can. We like it. However, this time there were lots of kids there for soccer games. They were completely unsupervised by parents or chaperons and the hotel staff did little to correct the problem.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Steve M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry if there were children who were rowdy and disruptive. I especially would like to apologize that our staff did not resolve this issue promptly. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments. . I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Cleveland - Beachwood

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I used to live in the area and we stayed at this hotel for weekend getaways and birthday sleep-overs. Having moved away, I booked several nights to stay over a holiday weekend. I was surprised that the whole hotel had been renovated. At first, I was sorry to see the change, as I had an attachment to the indoor atrium with all the plants and the stream with the coi fish. However, they did a great job of updating and creating a move open airy feel while still retaining some areas of plantings, and apparently utilized the water source for some very nice fountain features in the wide open atrium area. I found the new décor to be a balance of open and contemporary but still cozy and plush. The rooms were also newly furnished very nicely. I quickly got over my attachment to the old décor and appreciated the updates.

The suite set-up was perfect for us as it allowed me a space to hang out before my daughter was up in the mornings. The extra sink and mirror in the bedroom is very convenient and made it easy for both of us to get ready at the same time. Beds and pillows were very comfortable, Direct TV was great, and one cannot beat the spread for breakfast, including made to order omelets. The location is central to shopping, restaurants, and the freeway. What was perhaps most impressive, was the friendliness of everyone on the staff --from the front desk to the cleaning staff.

There was a slight problem with the phones in the room, but once I called the engineer arrived in minutes and fixed the problem.

I did not travel with my little dog, but was happy to see that the hotel allows dogs (under 30 lbs) as there were a number traveling with their families over the holiday weekend.

I will definitely continue to make this my hotel of choice when visiting the area.

Room Tip: I am not sure if the room location makes much difference, but possibly if one likes quiet it might b...
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is a bargain. Don't think it is upscale--but the pool and fitness center are useful. The breakfast is well worth it. Avoid the free drinks at five unless you are not picky--and if June is at the check in desk--go ahead and wait for other help!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Good hotel for business, the hotel was recently remodeled and the staff is good. Breakfast is great! A couple of minor items, the breakfast cook sometimes starts a little late. Not a huge item, but something to be aware of if you have to leave early. The other item is when there are special events or conferences parking can be an issue at the hotel, park on the grass, that's what people seem to do? It works...

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has been through a much needed renovation. It looks great and the people at the front desk were very helpful. The chefs for the breakfast are so upbeat to be so early in the morning.

The location is great. It's near the highway, restaurants and shopping.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KJB K
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Nice hotel and close to freeway. Room suite is big, bedroom separated from the living room which is equipped with a microwave, mini fridge, sink and sofa bed. Beds are comfortable and the place is clean. Good breakfast was a plus. I would recommend this so someone who is staying for business or a family... A suite can accommodate 4 people.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were here for a wedding and spent the night at this newly renovated hotel. The lobby is stunning and the staff was professional and attentive to everyone's needs. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It was the perfect place for any event.