“Lame”

Courtyard Cleveland Beachwood
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beachwood
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This place needs an update. Definitely not Marriott standards. Hey owners update the rooms not the touch screen in the lobby. Plus side - staff friendly, food was good, Pool and work out area in good order, and outside sitting area was tasteful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LetsGetSomeSun

Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel itself is nice beds are just ok, a little low standard for a Marriott , had my room booked for 3 days and on the second day they try to kick me out cus of a system error, not my fault do your job people, the staff ended waking me up 4 times in the morning as I'm in town working the night shift , so not happy about that, then some white lady comes banging on my door the. Walks away to the phone and yells at me saying we trying to call you been calling you , check your voicemail, very rude and I just happen to wake up,so not a pretty sight for her or me, I ended up leaving early before my check out so I could get my sleep, booked another room for a week down the street,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I had an impromptu trip to Cleveland on Monday, June 3rd. We did not have a reservation anywhere. We did not think this would be a problem because it was a Monday night. We were WRONG! The hotels in the area were all booked. By 11pm we lucked out and were able to check in the Courtyard. They only had two rooms left. The front desk process was quick and easy and the front desk clerk was friendly and very helpful. The room was a handicap accessible room so it was large. It was on the first floor which would not be my first choice but beggars can not be choosy. The hotel room was clean and was what you would expect from a Marriott brand hotel. The bed was comfortable and I had a solid sleep. The only negative thing was it was a little noisy. We could hear some activity in the next room and early in the morning, there was a crew putting down mulch. The mulch hitting the side of the building woke us up around 8am. We did eat breakfast in their restaurant. We liked the waffles! The staff in this area was very friendly and helpful as well. I would stay here again but on a higher floor.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a decent Courtyard property with a fireplace in the lobby. There is complimentary beer and wine served Mon-Wed with some light snacks on Wednesday. The rooms are large, especially the king bed rooms which have a couch and lots of floor space. Most rooms have a balcony with sliding door.

Upon check-in I was given a king suite as a gold member upgrade. The suite was 2 rooms with a frig and a sitting area but it faced the front of the hotel overlooking the parking lot and main road. The weather was good and I wanted to sleep with the balcony door open so I returned to the front desk and asked for a standard room facing the rear which they provided. I was glad I switched back, as the regular rooms are fine and the rear balcony was quiet.

The fitness center is the smallest I have ever seen at any hotel. It is the size of a large closet and has only 3 treadmill/elliptical machines. If the weather is acceptable I recommend you plan to walk or run outside. There is a sidewalk that runs along Orange road, and there is a residential road behind the hotel that runs in parallel, so you can do a loop that is about 3 miles total.

Mattresses are on the soft side.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are quiet and have view of trees.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bradleystat
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This property seemed to be a slight upgrade from my typical (all good) experiences at Courtyards. The room was larger and the grounds were very well kept and attractive. Many restaurants are nearby including one to each side of the inn and two directly across the street. In addition numerous eating establishments of all ranges are nearby. Shopping is very close by as are convenience stores and pharmacies. The room was very clean and well maintained. My only complaint would be the severely limited toiletries. The shampoo and conditioner were barely enough for one person. This did not leave a positive impression. Otherwise a good stay and I would consider the inn again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: My room faced west and was very pleasant and unusually large for a Courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank calflyer80
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Located in the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio, nice to rely on the name and reputation of Marriott hotels.
There is ample free parking and lots of restaurants near the hotel, some even close enough to walk.
This Courtyard Marriott offers either either the warm breakfast buffet (meaning you can have the eggs, bacon or omelet selection) or continental for lesser price (cereal /hot oatmeal) but both will offer fruit. Location is also close to highway, including the toll road and about 25 minute drive to downtown Cleveland. Helpful staff.

Would stay here again and we have.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is your standard Courtyard experience. Decent, if aging, rooms. My room had a particularly old tub, worn almost through with years of scrubbing. I was comfortable enough, but what was really shocking was how thin the walls were. Every sound made by my neighbors carried directly in to my unit, and let me tell you, it was way way too much information about their nocturnal activities. I was just relieved that my teen, who was traveling with me, did not wake up and ask questions about the noises.

Breakfast the next morning was an utter mess. The coffee station was experiencing some sort of emergency, with coffee leaking everywhere in the kitchen. No coffee was out for guests, and the hot water had run dry as people scrambled for alternatives. My teen and I made a hasty exit away from the chaos and had a fantastic breakfast at Yours Truly down the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family