“Pleasant Stay”

Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Batavia
Reviewed August 30, 2014

My husband, sister-in-law, and I were here for a family bereavement, and the hotel was sensitive to our circumstance and needs. The entire staff was pleasant and accommodating and everyone worked hard to make us feel welcome. The rooms are spacious, well stocked, and clean. We only had a couple of issues that were immediately resolved. While we were there, they were planting flowers and ready to resurface the parking lot. Did not use the pool, but looked clean and well-maintained, and overheard other guests say they enjoyed it. Our stay was comfortable, and we appreciated being in an area so close to what our family needed.

Easy access to shopping (about 10 minutes)
Restaurants in walking distance: Frisch's Big Boy Restaurant, Subway, Gold Star Chili, Arby's, McDonalds
Near a hospital (down the street) and 2 Gas Stations across the street

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank p2htrinity

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I live in St Louis, my Parents live in the Batavia area. They have a small home and
it is hard to accomidate my family. Finally we needed a good hotel. My family and I
have been staying at the Ameristay. It is perfect. Right next door is Frisch's, I grew
up in Cincy and have missed Frisch's sinnce I left. Also this great hotel has all that
a FAMILY could need. A great swimming pool for the kids and hot tub for mom and
dad. Free coffee and tea 24-7 and a great breakfast.

On the adult side they offer smoking rooms which are hard to find these days. If
you are lucky and the kids are not with you....3 words HOT TUB SUITE!!!!

I am so lucky I found this great place. always clean, always friendly, always affordable
A truly great value and more!!

Room Tip: smoking rooms available on 3rd floor only WHIRLPOOL SUITES ARE AWESOME
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vic G
Reviewed August 12, 2014

So my first review of this hotel was to complain about my inability to reserve a room. Unfortunately tripadvisor doesn't allow you to edit or add to your original review so here is my second one. I FINALLY did get a reservation and stayed here for one night. The hotel did look like an abandon property on the outside. Apparently they don't invest in lawn service....weeds were a foot high. There was also no outside garbage cans...important if you are traveling with dogs and expect people to clean up after them. Upon arrival the front desk clerk was in a heated argument with a guest that had apparently made a reservation that had gotten lost. The clerk was completely unprofessional and stormed out of the room.....leaving me standing and waiting until he decided to stroll back in a few minutes later. The rooms aren't bad. We had a working air conditioner which was saying something given the Best Western we had stayed at the night before. No opinion on the pool...didn't use it but it looked okay. The beds were comfy with several pillows. There were no bedspreads on the beds.....just ragged blankets....not sure what that was about and probably not a bad thing given how gross hotel bedspreads are. The Continental breakfast was a joke. Just some stale bagels and donuts. The fruit was literally rotten in the bowl. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere so depending on where you are headed there might be better alternatives but for just a one nighter it was ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank CjmuehlbGSD
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Let me start off by saying I'm not one of those "high matinence" travelers we where in town for an event and found this hotel about 10 minutes from the event we where attending. All we needed was a place to relax after a day out and about,The price looked good $70 for a hotel with breakfast and a pool in the area we where going to be and the reviews looked fine, boy where we wrong.

The room itself was fairly clean the beds where comfortable and it was quiet the TV is a outdated Z-Line TV that has a fuzzy signal and dead channels so if you want to watch a little TV before bed it's extremely difficult to do so.

The "Pool" and "Hot Tub" where a joke. The "Hot Tub" was ice cold the pool was warmer and it felt like you where inside the pool with spa jets blowing on you. The pool was ok but seemed poorley maintained and dirty.

Then on to the "breakfast" the bar which was poorly kept the staff pays no attention to the bar and you have to pretty much ask the lazy man working the front desk to get something. We woke up to 3 pieces of bread a waffle maker and a handful of oatmeal packets one morning when we asked the man working the desk if they had any cereal he said "the truck comes in today" the same answer he gave somebody else the morning before when she asked if the Orange Juice was available the next morning there was a sign on the Juice machine that said OUT OF ORDER.

The Ice Machine was broken every day we where there and had to run to a nearby store to get Ice. The Owner and front desk staff don't seem to care everything is dated and run down. There are hotels that cost $20 less per night and are better kept up then this.

Overall it's not an atrocious bed bug motel but it's defiantly not a place worth staying and is overpriced if you have other options exploit them but stay away from the Ameristay

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank Mark L
Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband and I wanted a night away close to home that was nice and affordable. It met both of those requirements and more. The staff was very friendly. The rooms and pool area was very clean. We will definitely return. It's a good place for a impromptu romantic night. Ann

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just left the Ameristay. The staff was great! Welcoming and very friendly. We were traveling and arrived early, they got us into our room early. The staff have great recommendations of local restaurants, wineries, and golf courses. If we are every back in the area, we well stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has recently come under new management. The changes that have been made since my last visit are very extreme from the room decor to the service itself it's absolutely excellent! We are in town a lot as we have family in the area so it's nice that now this hotel will be our usual stay. The price is fantastic for the amenities. We will be back on July 4th weekend.

Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batavia
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati-Milford
Countryside Inn & Suites
Countryside Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Mount Orab

Been to Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia? Share your experiences!