“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Batavia
ohio
“Great hotel”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Cleanist hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff is very friendly they go out of their way to help you.

• Liked — The room accomodations
  • Disliked — Vending machines not always stocked
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Quagmeyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Grand Rapids
Reviewed May 14, 2008

I reserved 35 rooms for two (2) nights at this property in May of 2007 for arrival in May 2008. This was the fourth year we have used this property. When we arrived on Friday night at 7:00pm with 70+ people in our group, the hotel raised our rate by $35.00 per room per night without notice or explaination. As the otherr area hotels were sold out, we had no choice but to take the price increase. Numerous calls to the hotel manager were never returned. when i finally reached her the day after we checked out, her response to the rate increase was simply that she did it(raised our rate) because she coud as it was a busy weekend and that was all.
Consequently, I would not recomond this hotel in any way. Very disappointed that they chose to deal with a guest in this way.

• Stayed May 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
theameristay, Manager at Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia, responded to this review, June 24, 2008
Your team paid a fair rate that was set last year after tournaments ended and was still $40 under most area hotel rates as I had explained to you previously. We appreciate all our guests whether it be a single guest staying one night or a large group staying a week. We are very fair with our rates & strive to offer service to match. I understand you have stayed with us the past couple years & liked the lower rate, we all do as a customer, our hotel uses Supply & Demand as all businesses do. I am glad we were able to accomodate your group this year at a lower rate comparatively.

Travelers are raving about these Batavia hotels

ohio
Reviewed November 10, 2007

I had an issue immediately with a staff members yapping dog. How professional is it to bring your dog to work! Not only was the owner of the dog a staff member but the manager! She was rude and more than defensive when I complained. I paid good money for a night I should have a break from barking dogs and rude people. They should brush up on customer satisfaction skills. The beds were way too soft bad quality mattresses and the room was clean but nothing out of the ordinary. When I left the lady and her dog were there again!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank shawn10spro
I am happy to say we do except small pets at our hotel, many people are grateful considering the lack of pet friendly hotels in the area.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 16, 2007

Very nice, very new (as of this writing.) Beds were a little soft for my taste...I like them really firm. But otherwise everything was clean, staff was friendly and helpful, nice pool area. LOTS of places to eat just steps away including Big Boy, Gold Star chili, Subway, McD, Burger King...and for dessert United Dairy Farmers.

There was a safe in my room, and that's where I kept my valuables.

When I tried to make a reservation online through various sites, it either showed No Availability at all or no non-smoking rooms. However, when I called the inn directly I was told there was plenty of space. They also gave me the 10% AARP discount, which was not showing up online. Apparently there is some problem due to the fact that they recently changed names. Anyway...call them.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank TommyBear
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2006

On Oct 13, 2005 I was a guest at the Amerihost Inn in Batavia Ohio. I arrived there on Thursday night and stayed through Saturday. When I got up on Saturday morning I took my grandson down for breakfast. Later I realized my purse was gone from my room. My purse was later found downstairs in a bathroom empty. I lost over $800 and some meds. The manager was very rude to me and the camera at the hotel was conviently not working. The police dept there said there had been other incidents of this nature. I am spreading the word about this hotel at every web site and other places I can. The hotel made NO attempt to try resolve the matter. I dont want anyone else to have this problem. Dont stay there.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
brettnrachel, Manager at Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia, responded to this review, July 4, 2007
I am sorry when your purse was found that items were missing. I know how frustrating it can be. I left my purse by a payphone once & would have loved to have found it in the trash cash or not. I had to replace birth certificates, marriage cert, socials for me & my children, drivers license & more it was horrible. We have undated to a digital security that is always on, unlike a tape that runs out in 6-8 hours & may over look putting a new one in. It is a horrible thing to go thru. I am glad you didnt have to replace ID's etc. Our employees have returned larger sums found in rooms, accidentally thrown away... It was a busy weekend & somebody took advantage of your situation-I do believe what goes around comes around. I do hope you will in time see there was not much we could do, but we do what we could & found your purse. Take Care.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 5, 2005

This hotel is still fairly new and is very clean. I stayed in one of the whirlpool suites and loved it! The room was very spacious and the whirlpool was big enough to fit two people comfortably. The indoor pool and hot tub were great and the continental breakfast was plentiful. Overall, the hotel and service was great!

• Stayed July 2005
5 Thank Jim R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batavia
Comfort Inn & Suites Eastgate
1861 Inn
1861 Inn
#1 of 2 in Batavia
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cincinnati Eastgate

Been to Ameristay Inn and Suites Batavia? Share your experiences!