All reviews comfy bed home away from home magnolia suite place to stay perfect hosts lightning bugs pat deer field horses trail woods porch breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sweetspire Ranch is only a few minutes off the main road, so although it is close enough to anything you may need, it feels entirely set apart from the city: the country setting is just lovely, with a gorgeous view overlooking picturesque hills beyond the ranch, where the horses often are. The food was, of course, delicious. The house is beautifully well kept at all times, yet with a welcoming feeling comfortable enough to feel like a home rather than a sort of hotel. What a lovely stay! I would go back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Hubby and I came from Calif. to visit family and friends and attend granddaughter's H.S. Grad. We have stayed at several B&B's across the country and this definitely was the best! We stayed in the Magnolia Suite which was perfect for our needs - Pat and Hearsel are true to the image of midwest hospitality & the breakfast was very tasty (and Pat went above board to accommodate my vegan needs!) But the best part was the beautiful horsefarm and wooded setting! Being a transplant from NJ to the high desert of SE Calif., I really miss the woods, grass, birds, and rain! Just sitting on the porch and hearing the birdsongs and watching the "lightning bugs" in the evening does amazing things to totally de-stress! I highly recommend this location and we hope to come back!!
Cathy & Ken

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy K
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Sweetspire Ranch lived up to my expectations. From our arrival to when we left I felt like I was family not a guest. Our room was cute and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was different every day and absolutely delicious.
As a lifetime horse lover the view of the barn, pastures, and horses was sheer heaven. In the evenings the fields looked like they had twinkling lights with all the fireflies.
Pat and Hershel are the perfect hosts and I loved that Pat joined us for breakfast one morning trading horse stories. And the trail ride was amazing. Hershel spent some time with us to determine our experience level and explaining how to ride his horses so we would have the best ride and it was!!!!
If your ever in The Cincinnati Ohio area this is the place to stay!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank margaretpreis
Pat G, Owner at Sweetspire Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Thank you Maggie. Come back anytime.
Pat

Reviewed May 29, 2018

I cannot say enough good things about Sweetspire Ranch and uur hosts Pat and Hershel. From the minute we arrived I felt at home in the beautiful and peaceful setting. Out room, the Rose Room was perfect for us. The shower great with plenty of hot water. The breakfasts that Pat serves up every morning are delicious and you can eat on the patios overlooking a little bit of heaven. I love horses so it didn't hurt that we had some beauties to look at and we did arrange to take a trail ride which was a highlight of out trip. It was hard to leave and I felt like I was ending a visit with two friends . I definitely would recommend staying at this amazing B&B and would love to return one day.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Claire M
Pat G, Owner at Sweetspire Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Thank you, Claire, for the kind words. We also enjoyed your stay. You and Maggie were the perfect guests. Come back anytime.

Reviewed April 24, 2018

Pat is a wonderful host! She was over accommodating and made sure our stay was perfect. We travel for soccer a lot and wanted to stay close to the fields we were playing at the Blue Chip Kingshammer tourney. I would love to stay here again! Our girls want to make a trip back this summer!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank laflittner
Pat G, Owner at Sweetspire Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Thanks for the kind review. Having the girls here was a lot of fun. Hope to see you again.