“OK by Motel Standards” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Berlin's Motel

Berlin's Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barberton
Berlin's Motel
You added Berlin's Motel to your Saves list
334 31st St NW, Barberton, OH 44203   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Barberton B&B and Inns
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
“OK by Motel Standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was visiting some friends in Barberton, but I could not stay at their house because I'm allergic to cats. I needed to find some cheap accommodations in the area, and, not wanting to book an expensive hotel 20 minutes away in Akron, I settled for Berlin's Motel. They were inexpensive and very close to my friends' house.

I was satisfied with the room I stayed in for three nights. It was as clean as you would expect a very old motel room to be. The plumbing and furnishing had not been updated for a very long time, but everything did work OK, and the place was very suitable for my needs. No bugs, no weird stains. I felt like it was a lot of space for $50 a night - decent-sized room, bed, and bathroom accommodations. The neighborhood is a little seedy...but that's Barberton for you.

Berlin's Motel is not the kind of place I would recommend for anyone with a Paris Hilton complex, but if you're the 'boy/girl scout' type and can deal with less-than-luxury, this place is a good find for a long weekend in Barberton.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Kimberly M

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

The room was neat and looked clean, but the toilet had some hard crusty stuff around the rim that I had to clean and rub hard to get off and you could see "remnants" of the last guest still on the seat surface, and I won't go into what was around the base of the toilet. So I had to go and buy cleanser for the bathroom, and decided to clean the tub too based on how the toilet looked. Good thing I did. After spraying cleanser, greyish sludge slid down the sides of the tub. The carpet had a bad odor and stuck to your shoes in some areas. The beds had horrible sheets and pillowcases, cigarette burn holes and dingy stains. There were quite a bit of gnats floating around in the room and darting, and I spied those big black carpenter ants crawling near the bed area. The non smoking room was extremely smokey. No one came around to clean my room but once in one week, and when I asked for a roll of tissue I was given a total of 4 restaurant napkins (puzzlement???). I had to go and get my own. They only offer about 7 channels total; Nick, Discovery, USA, HBO, a couple of local channels and PBS. The free internet is barely accessible, it only connects for a few minutes and keeps shutting down, that is when it connects at all. I was encouraged to sit outside or go in the vending area to get better reception. Now why didn't I think of that! Why not go sit in the hot sun or muggy vending room all day to use the internet! I was told the rooms had microwave and fridges when I called but was provided with no microwave. For what I paid could've stayed in a hotel instead of a motel.

Room Tip: Rooms in back are more grimey.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Jazmine P

Travelers are raving about these Barberton hotels

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

My Army Husband was visiting our hometown and we were low on money and had heard about Berlin's. As we arrived, I was leery about the neighborhood and the looks of the motel, but as soon as we received our room I was surprised. Extremely clean conditions and great service. The room was slightly smalled than other hotels, but for more than half the price you cannot pass this place up. I will never stay at a different place while visiting in Ohio. I would absolutely recommend staying here if you do not mind a smaller room and lower quality neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
8 Thank djt2310
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barberton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn Akron South
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Hampton Inn Akron-South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wadsworth

Been to Berlin's Motel? Share your experiences!