“Best barbeque ribs and club house chicken sandwich ever”

Spitfire Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in West Fargo
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went for lunch, and had the rib sampler, absolutely delicious. Have never had such fabulous meaty tender ribs ever, (even down in Memphis) and all three of their sauces were exquisite. My friend had the club house sandwich with rotisserie roasted chicken, and for a picky slow eater who rarely ever eats everything, she snarfed that sandwich back, and to this day is raving about how very, very good the sandwich was, fresh L&T, and no soggy bread, but not so hard that it cuts the roof of your mouth. Absolutely fantastic. We each tried a bit of the other's lunch and I can attest her sandwich is something I will order when I am there again. Also, they have rotisserie roasted prime rib on Thurs, Fri & Sat from 4 til 8, but the waitress advised that if you come after 6:00 pm you run the risk of the beef being gone already. So she recommended if you have to come late, that you phone to find out if there is prime rib left. Recommend this restaurant for the food and the atmosphere is very comfortable.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

First off, I need to express that I've always had very positive visits to Spitfire and up until this visit would often suggest this restaurant to others. This visit was for Father's Day as my husband loves this place. We ordered the BBQ Nachos with pork which were delicious. For our meal, my husband ordered The Pitmaster, I ordered the Southwest Chicken Salad and my daughter had the kid's Mac and Cheese. My meal was "eh". Which is disappointing since I love chicken and salad, but when I started to compare the amount of chicken I got compared to my husband's meat-filled sandwich (which he said was delicious) and the fact that they were the same price, I feel as though I just got ripped off. Then, the mac and cheese....now I don't like ordering mac and cheese ever since it is such a cheap food that is SO OVER PRICED at all restaurants....but my kid will eat it so we ordered it. I am determined that it was Kraft Mac and Cheese....which means I spent $5 on a $1 meal for her. Now, if it was Kraft Mac and Cheese....I don't care but then don't charge $5. If it isn't, they are wasting their time creating something that could be bought for a $1 somewhere else and resell it for $5. To top it off, the service wasn't spectacular so when you add it all up....it was a disappointing meal. I wish we would have gone somewhere else but we didn't. Will I return...maybe someday but not anytime soon when there are other places in the WF/F/M area that are better and I feel is worth my money.

1  Thank kamlnd
Reviewed June 15, 2014

.... except 2 small glitches.

We came here on a Saturday night and it was bursting at the seams. We waited 40 minutes but it was well worth it. I came with my parents and my wife. We started off having the BBQ nachos and those were delicious. They use beans, bbq sauce jalapenos and nacho cheese. The one comment if i would say on the nachos are the fact they use nacho cheese sauce rather than shredded cheese, but it didn't matter, these were gone i no time. The portion too, fyi is huge.

For main, I had the Boss burger with fries. One of the best burgers I've had, ever. I first would like to say that I love a place that will cook a burger medium rare. The bun, sauce, bacon, provolone combo is AMAZING.

My wife had the 6oz sirloin and unfortunately didn't receive it medium rare like she ordered. It was medium well if not well. There was no redness to the meat. However they were quick to fix the situation and brought my wife a replacement, without hesitation.

My parents had the 16oz Prime rib and 6 oz sirloin, both cooked to perfection. They also forgot the side of asparagus for my father, but again no problems getting that fixed quickly.

Overall the food was outstanding, the portions generous, the atmosphere welcoming and the quality great.

If I could give this place 4.5 stars, I would, it deserves it.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Really good service in fact excellent. Wide range of food selection. A full service bar. Conveniently located near hotels

Reviewed June 9, 2014

When traveling for work I seek out local only restaurants. Chains are fine but local restaurants can be so much better! Spitfire is one of those local restaurants that I will be going to each time I am in Fargo. Great selection of microbrews, large selection of menu items, and excellent food! Portions are large and the price is reasonable, especially for the amount of food. If you like BBQ you will love Spitfire!