“North Dakota Hamfest - RRRA.ORG”

Howard Johnson West Fargo
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in West Fargo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My overall experience of this hotel was not good.As i am a Housekeeping Manager from Winnipeg,Mb Canada..Driving to the hotel was nothing but construction which when i booked the room staff should of let me know this info. I entered the room and it had a bad fowl smell shower curtain was really dirty with black marks all over it was yellow. Bath towels were stained with black marks. So i phoned down to the front desk and asked if i can get my shower curtain replaced with a clean one she asked us if we wanted to move rooms i said no cause we just wanted to get our shopping done then she said no one was there to replace the shower curtain as she was the only one at the desk and she couldn't leave i said i would come and get it and put it up my self so i went down and got it and it was old yellow smelly shower curtain i inspected the rest of the room after that and the bed sheets were really old see through bathroom floor grout has not been cleaned in a very long time.The box that the fridge was sitting on looks like it was made in a garage water soaked. I also had to phone down to get a do not disturb sign as there was not one in my room. We left the hotel to meet up with friends that were staying in the Holiday inn came back to the Howard Johnson and i was so disgusted with the room we went and asked for our money. the front desk agent said no cause it was after 4 pm and that she could phone the owner and he would say the same thing and i didn't even get into how disgusting the room was with her cause i was not impressed and just wanted to get out of there so we left and booked in another hotel. Website says renovations were done 2011 but i couldn't see any that had been done in a recent time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amber M
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Initially had booked whole week but called back to split it and that was handled with no problem. I thought the cleanliness of room was good, the furnishings were nice, and the owners seemed very friendly. If i had to pick a negative, the placement of the room light didn't light the entry way/ hallway which wasn't a big deal for me. I think biggest improvement they could make though would be the crispness, quality of their bed sheets ( although theirs were clean) like the hotel quality ones at Macys.... ( ok, my Mom works there). Overall appearance of the lobby could be enhanced i guess, here again...not a big deal to me. The breakfast was good, i had a waffle two days and it was tasty...maybe a little better coffee could be used. Overall, i would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
gupta08, Manager at Howard Johnson West Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at the West Fargo Howard Johnson. We’re glad you enjoyed the room furnishings and the friendly service we provide. We’ll keep the recommendations in mind for the design updates and keep making the tasty waffles!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The place was generally good.
There was road construction going on in the area which made it a little harder to get into. It was also a bit noisy at times, due to the road construction.
My wife and I both found the pillows very much less than adequate. It didn't matter whether we used one, two or three pillows.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We apologize the pillows were less than adequate and will examine our pillows for maximum comfort. The road construction is a bit on going at times, and we do thank you for choosing our location.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Must say that for a quiet place to stay, this place worked for us. The room, number 123 , had a queen bed and a large recliner as well as a desk and chair. Terrific. The breakfast included cereals, toast and waffles but no fruit.
For a good nights sleep while traveling, how can one go wrong with this stay that cost me, tax included, $52.55.

Room Tip: Be aware this property in in West Fargo, not in Fargo ND.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your positive experience feedback; we are pleased that you enjoyed our queen bed room and the quiet night. We’ve also noted the fruit recommendation on weekly breakfast. We also appreciate you sharing your experience and hope you come back and stay again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The rooms were ok, and the hotel was quiet enough, but the lobby didn't make a good impression. There was construction in front of the hotel and I felt annoyed that they wanted an extra $10 per night for the small dog instead of one payment for the two night stay. The breakfast was fairly minimal but ok. Although I reserved for two nights, they only had planned on my staying one night. I tried to take advantage of that to move to a different hotel for the second night, but that didn't work out, so I stayed two nights.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
gupta08, Manager at Howard Johnson West Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for choosing the West Fargo Howard Johnson. We apologize you felt annoyed for having to pay the pet fee, but this is standard policy for all hotels and most hotels in our area don't accept pets at all. Our posted policy is actually $15 per night, per pet. You received a $5 discount per night for your pet. We have to uphold our pet policy to insure against damages or any other incidents that may happen when pets stay with us. You should have been able to cancel your second night before 11AM check out time, unless you reserved through a third party company such at Hotwire or Expedia. I urge you to contact us directly if you have any further questions regarding your stay.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was generally pleased with my stay there. They could work on the dusting and window cleaning a little more but overall I was pleased and would stay there again if in the area. The staff was very friendly and attentive to the needs of its guests. The WiFi was great had no problem. Very quiet, they didnt tolerate a lot of disruptive behavior from their guests.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your recent stay; we apologize that your windows were dusty and have noted this for review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the WiFi and quietness of the hotel. Our hotel takes pride in providing the best customer service to everyone and we’re glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to having you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Fargo
Fargo Inn & Suites
Fargo Inn & Suites
#27 of 50 in Fargo
Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center

Been to Howard Johnson West Fargo? Share your experiences!