“Great staff & reasonable rates!!!”

Howard Johnson West Fargo
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in West Fargo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I took my family to stay @ the Howard Johnson Inn-West Fargo. The rooms were clean, beds comfy, & breakfast was fresh. The kids had a great time swimming in their salt water pool while me & my husband relaxed in their hot tub. The staff was very friendly & quite helpful. We will definately reccomend this hotel to friends & family. & will be the place to stay whenever we are in Fargo. Thank Rita!! quite the bang for your buck!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson West Fargo

Reviewed December 29, 2011

When we attended the Howard Johnson Inn in West Fargo, ND, I was impressed at the cleanliness of the lobby, pool area and the restrooms (that is all that I visited). The owner was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. I am very happy that we were able to use this facilities to host our Christmas gathering.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jolene B
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I recently was a guest at this motel. I entered the motel and was greeted with a smile that made me feel welcome. The facility smelled very fresh. My room and bathroom were clean and not a trace of smoke smell. The bed and pillows were good. The continental breakfast area was clean but would have liked some fruit. For a good restful quiet sleep, I would recommend staying here. I will return!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Evonne F
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Always welcomed and well taken care of,, very friendly and acomadating. With a fresh and clean smell!! Warm atmosphere !! Awesome salt water pool , and hot tub!! Always greeted with smiles!! And a fire in the fire place always!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Tamishereru
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Every time I go there its very homey. Very comfortable, and everyone is so nice. I've enjoyed it every time I go.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Jenkelle
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Sam and Rita have treated me as on only guest.
My room is always clean and fresh smelling (and I,m a smoker).
The decor is pleasent and clean.
Sam and Rita always have a kind word for all their guests, as well as giving their undevided attention.
Will I return? YOU BET!!
Dick Thorpe

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Dick T
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Looking online to find a cheap hotel for two nights i found HJ. I'm not one to need a 5 star hotel...mainly Holiday Inn or Super 8 is where i stay. I decided on HJ because of it's decent rate. After checking out i noticed a second charge of $60 on my bank report. I did not have any pets with me, didn't order any movies, food, etc through the hotel, and i sure as hell left the room in better condition then when i got there. When i arrived, the window was wide open and it was 40 degrees outside. I turned on the heater and it smelled like burning wires. The towels in the bathroom had holes in them like they were shop rags and the carpet was discolored in many places. At 2 o'clock in the morning people were in the hallway talking and joking rather loudly and nothing was done after numerous phone calls to the front desk. I called three times to see why the extra $60 was charged to my card and not once could they tell me why. Their English is hard to understand as well. There were no signs of construction or remodeling being done, however, the walls in some of the hallway and stairwells were painted with spots of joint compound as if there were many holes patched up. The breakfast was limited to waffles, muffins, toast, and cereal. I would rate my stay at well below average and hey....$60 is $60...if i'm going to be overcharged for no reason I'll just put that $60 to hotel that's a little better and a little less ghetto. My recommendation-do yourself a favor and pay a little extra to stay somewhere better....don't waste your time just because the rates are lower.

Room Tip: rooms in the Super 8 are nice....
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Brody D
gupta08, Manager at Howard Johnson West Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

Thank you for choosing the West Fargo Howard Johnson, where we take great pride in offering our guests the best possible customer service and comfortable and affordable accomodations for your travel needs. We apologize that you were not happy with your room. The front desk did not report that your heater had a strange smell to it or they would have moved you right away to a room that you felt was more satisfactory. One reason that the heater could have had a strange smell is because recently all of our heater/ac units were cleaned and pressure washed outside. Some water residue could have been left inside the heater. The heaters usually are left running for about 20 minutes and the smell disappears with the evaporation of the water residue.This is a normal process after cleanings are done. All of our towels and wash clothes are inspected prior to being placed in the room, if your towels had holes or other issues, we would definitly have liked to see them immediatly. As far as we know nothing was reported about the towels. Quiet hours start at 11 PM at our hotel, and when guests report loud noises or rude people in the hallways we act on this very seriously and quickly. We are currently remodeling our entire hotel by installing new carpets and painting every room. In the hallway there is residue left from old wallpaper glue and patches of paint that we were trying to pick from our samples, there was never any holes in the wall or any joint compound used. We apologize if this affected the quality of your stay, but remodeling 58 rooms plus all of the painting takes a signifigant amount of time with limited help. Regarding your extra charge, we did some investigating and have no idea what is being referred to? If you would like to discuss this further with us so we can settle this dispute, please feel free to call us and we would be happy to help! Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Fargo
Red Roof Inn Fargo
#25 of 50 in Fargo
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fargo
Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center

Been to Howard Johnson West Fargo? Share your experiences!