Howard Johnson West Fargo
$119
$93
Hotels.com
$93
Kelly Inn Fargo(Fargo)(Great Value!)
$65
$109
Rodeway Inn(West Fargo)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubroom was cleanplace to staycontinental breakfastnice staygreat priceone night stayaccommodationsminneapolis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the past 15-20 years and have never encountered such aggrevation as we did with this place. Even with a printout of our confirmed reservation, which we brought with us, (thank God), it took 15 minutes for them to even honour it, it seems they purposely try to frustrate you so you will just leave. The manager will not show his face at the counter, but will only gave out instructions to the attendant from the next room. And should you want to add a day or more to your stay at the same rate, (don't do it) without written confirmation from them. Don't take their word for it, as a verbal agreement is not honoured and you will be charged full price, as they will claim they have no record of this ever being said. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank IcecapWinnipeg
gupta08, Manager at Howard Johnson West Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

At the Howard Johnson, our staff takes great pride in our ability to provide excellent customer service to all of our guests. When a reservation is booked through an online source such as Hotwire for an example, we have the reservations in the system far before the guest arrives. It is odd that it would take 15 minutes to honor a already exisiting central reservation, unless attempted arrival time was before check-in time at 3 PM, meaning the room might not have been ready from the previous guest. It is never our intention to cause fustration or ill intentions to anyone that stays with us. As far as management goes, they were spoken to several times, in person about a rate differential. It is not uncommon for most hotels to have a insignifigant rate differential between $7 and $9 for the weekend. As far as adding dates onto a exisiting reservation, when you book through a third party or online source, you must go through that online source to obtain the same flate rate for the entire stay. The only reason there was a rate differential to begin with, is because of the weekend rate. (Also, to mention that full price is almost double what was paid.) We're sorry that you feel you were treated unfairly, but all of the guests at the hotel are under the same policy. As far a a verbal agreement, there was no recorded notes or confirmation regarding the rate being the same for the weekday and weekend through the third party booking source. I would like to get in touch with you regarding this stay with us so that we can properly address all of the issues you have informed us on. We look forward to providing a great place for all of our guests to stay and everything noted here will go a long way in helping us achieve our guest service goals. Thank you.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

It was good price the pool was warm and kept kids entertained. The beds were pretty comfy and breakfast was better then some.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wasecatravels
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a few days because his job transfered him to Fargo from Oklahoma. During our stay the manager got in my boyfriend's face and yelled at him because I was with him. My boyfriend's company paid for the room, not just one person. The next day I asked a staff member about their pet policy and after she answered me the manager came out and yelled at me and called me stupid for not understanding his sign that they said was an old sign anyway and they have a new policy anyway! Then, the next day the manager yelled at my boyfriend again and when my boyfriend asked him to get out of his face the manager threatened to hit him! When my boyfriend showed no signs of being scared, the manager told us we had 15 minutes to leave before the cops showed up. After talking to a few people at my boyfriend's work, it turns out we're not the only ones who have had problems with this guy. I will never stay there again and I would never suggest it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Rayleen90
gupta08, Manager at Howard Johnson West Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2011

We're sorry you feel that way, but you need to understand there is a strict hotel policy in place for pets and for false registration. Not only was there a dog in the room, but it was not
registered or paid for. The hotel pet policy sheet must be filled out and the pet fee paid for each night. This policy is in place not onlyfor insurance against pet damages, but for other guest's saftey as well. The dog did a considerable amount of damage to
the sheets, mattress, floor, and left a bad odor in the carpet. These things had to be replaced and cleaned, and the pet wasn't even paid for or registered at all. There were serveral hotel employees present at the time of the alleged incident of violence, and I can't strees enough that did not occur and we do not condone violence of any kind. There was a lot of foul language and rude
behavior from the guest over the pet policy. The second problem was that you, the girlfriend of the guest, was not registered at all. We contacted the company responsible for setting up the stay, and they said they would not pay for a pet or extra guests staying with their employee. They would pay for one person, their single employee only and that is it.
We have their email response if you want to see the solid proof. Our hotel attempted in the utmost
polite way to enforce our policies. We do not appreciate slander and false statements.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Place is run by a bunch of people that barely speak english......(good luck getting issues answered) Its dirty and out of date even at its cheap nightly rate. Extra charges for common things are charged after you check out. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank b52beaver
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stayed here while we were stranded in a snowstorm. Ended up staying 4 nights total. It was cheap (around $55 a night) but the entire place needs a clean up. Sticky floors, mold/mildew on shower curtains and windows, windows need washing, etc. Breakfast consisted of soggy waffles, donut holes, 2 cereals and juice/coffee. Housekeeping didn't show up, so we cleaned and vacuumed our own room (might've been because of the bad roads and weather). Overall, I wouldn't choose to stay here again, but we survived!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family