“Good Local Steakhouse”

Outlaws Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Watford City
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stopped in with a client and it was a solid meal with a good quick staff.

Not a lot of places to eat in town so this filled up quickly but the wait wasn't bad. Bar is very busy

Good steaks and a few other options. Good beer and wine offerings.

There are newer reviews for Outlaws Bar & Grill

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I found myself in Watford City at dinnertime with low expectations. I had been told that western ND did not have much in the way of even decent food. My contact said the only place to eat was Outlaws right on the main drag. You will find lots of families at dinnertime and they do run the clientele in and out non-stop.

While one would hardly call this dining, the quality of the service and the food for the price paid is a pretty good deal in anyone's book. Every seat in the bar was taken at 5:30 in the afternoon and most of the tables in the dining room were full. My waitress got to me right away with a menu and my drink order followed shortly thereafter. The burger was too big to finish and it was actually medium rare, not the usual overdone for the typical small town venue.

I walked out of Outlaws feeling pretty good and pretty lucky to have found a solid meal on my first pass through Watford.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very nice restaurant with great service and good food. Only if you order the walleye dinner it comes covered with a sauce that I didn't like at all but that is just personal preference. Prices a little high but worth it.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is probably the nicest restaurant in the area and the best dining we found in an oil boom area. Service was great.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The food here is expensive, and it really does not live up to the cost. My husband and I have eaten here multiple times (mostly because its the only game in town) and have found that inconsistency is a real problem. One night the flat iron steak is great, the next night it is bad. The elk on the menu is almost inedible, and most steaks do not look like the ounces listed on the menu. Mediocre food, pleasant atmosphere.