“Great food, fantastic service & a nice surprise on a tap handle!”

Outlaws Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Watford City
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Despite arriving without a reservation during the supper rush, they quickly found a place for me to dine. My server was polite and energetic, suggesting drink and appetizer options. She returned quickly with a Summit Saga IPA and asked if I had any questions about the weekly specials or dinner menu. The flat iron steak special ($19.50 w/ soup or salad), French onion soup and mini-loaf of bread w/ cinnamon butter was all superb, as was the server's follow-up. The hostess and shift manager also checked on me, very unobtrusively, to ensure my needs were met. I discovered Goose Island Matilda on tap, which was a perfect accompaniment to the peppercorn demiglas seasoned steak, crisp steamed veggies and red-skinned mashed potatoes. A roasted tomato half with parmesan and herbs topped things off nicely. Although I passed on dessert, the offerings I saw looked wonderful. All in all, a very pleasant dining experience. The value deduct was for the $7 Matilda - a bit steep, considering the fact that the Saga was only $4.75 and is also a commendable microbrew - and pricing on some of the non-special steak offerings. However, in the midst of an oilfield boom, economics get skewed constantly.

2  Thank David U

Reviewed October 3, 2012

A pleasant atmosphere. Good food, the booth seats are a bit close to the tables. Ask for Sherry or Wendi - both excellent waitresses.

1  Thank kompi56
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place is way over priced!! The food is moderate at its best but for where it is it's about the best in town (if that is saying much) The management is the worst of it. If all possible find anouther place

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great steaks. Get there before 6pm or it will be a wait

1  Thank jpatrick28
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Drove from Williston to treat my wife to outlaws. I have been here several times and have always been impressed. We were greeted by the friendly hostesses and seated. Shari was our waitress. It was not busy, but she sharply asked us what to drink and what to eat. My wife's burger was good, but the kitchen sent out a stale bun for my french dip. I was not to mad, just wanted to let the waitress know and order another beer. She was nowhere to be found. The hostesses ended up taking care of the rest of the meal and I walked over to the bar for my beer. Meanwhile she showed up with a beer ten minutes later and didn't apologize plus charged me for it... My tip is going to the hostesses!