“love the people, love the hotel”

Roosevelt Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Watford City
Bemidji, Minnesota
“love the people, love the hotel”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

As a musician, I travel quite a bit and stay at a lot of different hotels. I absolutely love The Roosevelt. The staff is very accomodating and super friendly!! The rooms are nice and clean, and the best part, for me, is the complimentary breakfast!! It goes way beyond your typical continental breakfast that's for sure!! Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. . .yeah. I also love that they put out cookies. I stay here whenever I'm in town!!

Room Tip: I think they're all good!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went to visit my family at the beginning of July and felt completely at home. This town gets ALOT of out of towners, but the staff treated me like one of their family. They gave me the ins and outs of the town, let me know what the good tourist attractions were, and took care of my every need. I've been reading the reviews about how poorly the breakfast was for other guests, but I found it quite good considering it was from a hotel! The prices are very decent considering the area! I would strongly suggest this hotel to anyone visiting the area!

• Stayed July 2013
Dayton, ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had a very pleasant experience here. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I found the room very clean and comfortable. If I ever come this way again I am booking my room here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Friendliest staff ever! From check in to check out it was great. The room was clean and a nice size. My room faced the highway but I didn't hear a lot of traffic noise at all. Great night's sleep after being on the road for 3 days and this was the 5th state I had been in. Young lady helped me with my bags and even helped me get them into the car. I was very impressed with the service. I plan on coming back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JakesMarma
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 2, 2013

At the time of check-in, there was a bit of confusion about my rate and accomodations. I was quoted a specific price over the phone for the "Lux" wing. When I arrived they said I was to stay in the "Legend" wing at a lower price. After the confusion, I was able to stay in the "Lux" wing.
The rooms are very nice, spacious and clean. The only issue I had in the room was that there televisions have ESPNU, but not ESPN. I brought this to there attention and they said they would check if they could have that changed.
The breakfast was decent. I think it's better than most places around Watford City. I believe it's much cleaner. I wish they had more variety. When it came to yogurt, all they had was raspberry each morning.
The hotel is named in the spirit of Theodore Roosevelt and have a ton of cool Roosevelt memoribilia, but they fell short in one aspect: all their breakfast area utensils and plates are just thrown away. For that price, give me a proper plate and utensils for my food. Also, have some info on what guests can do to help with conservation.
Overall, nice hotel and a good location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NorskyNE
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Staff was pretty friendly checking in, Guy at night has the personality of a nat! Was having a pleasant stay untill I had to speak with him. I know this is OIL country now but please understand you also have buisness men that travel all the time too and travel from hotel to hotel and expect not to be treated like an oil rigger guy that is living there. Also I heard that they served pizza but were out by the time I wanted some and all the resturants in town DO NOT deliver so remember that! go out early! Thank goodness I had celery and peanut butter in my car so I could eat!
Breakfast was over by the time I checked out so cant say much for that but they were also out of coffee to take on the road with me! That should NEVER happen! Didnt have 10mins to wait. All in all I would recommend this hotel till the others open.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Brent S
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Roosevelt has been wonderful to our employees. We have six rooms and no problems with any of their occupants. The staff has been fair and treated us great! Breakfast is not included with stay in cabins-duh. Best stay ever and would highly recommend to any company that need rooms for their people.

Room Tip: cabins come with a monthly rate that makes them a good option
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business